Community Forum

Stream beta app crashes on roku tv

New Poster

Stream beta app crashes on roku tv

Hello, starting about 3 months ago the xfinity stream app began crashing right after i clicked WATCH after choosing a channel. I can navigate the app and see an accurate live tv channel lineup but again once i click watch the app closes. I run the most updated roku version roku 7104x software version 8.1.0. The xfinity stream app worked perfectly for at least a year but again stopped working 3 months or so ago. Ive reinstalled the app and nothing. Same issue.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Stream beta app crashes on roku tv

I've been having the same issue since early July. I've done everything possible including a TV factory reset. No one from Xfinity seems to have an answer or is even trying to solve this issue. 

Regular Visitor

I also find that the stream app using Roku often hangs up when going to last watched. The only way out is to hit the Roku home button. Annoying. Other apps on Roku have no issues using features in their apps. Would also like to see a channel number input interface or at lest a back button to return to last viewed channel. Hopefully we will see a non-beta release in the next version of the xFi app.
New Poster

I am having the same issue on my Roku TV.  The app crashes after I start watching a program, whether live or recording, and it varys in the length of time it allows you to watch the show.  Sometimes I have got to the very end of something and it crashes, sometimes it crashes 5 min after I  start.  It reboots the whole TV and takes me back to the home screen. 

New Poster

Has anyone gotten an answer on how to fix this? I’ve searched several forums and can’t seem to find anything to fix this. Even Xfinity can’t seem to help
Expert

@pedro22 wrote:
Has anyone gotten an answer on how to fix this? I’ve searched several forums and can’t seem to find anything to fix this. Even Xfinity can’t seem to help

does the video freeze sound continues just before the reboot?  is the HDMI port on the TV a special CEC port? have you tried swapping the port that the Roku is plugged?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm still having this issue and no one at Xfinity seems to be able or willing to look into this.

Official Employee

Hello, tearsofmccown89. Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you seem to be having with the streaming app crashing. I would like to look into this. Can you send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, tearsofmccown89. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.