Community Forum

Stream app percent used

New Poster

Stream app percent used

Why has the app stopped letting u know what percentage of space u have used and how many shows recorded? Also on other section how many shows scheduled to record is no longer on there? It has been on there for a few years and now all of a sudden gone. Please put back on there or have they decided if we have space on TV they have made space on the app?
Expert

Re: Stream app percent used

@Trigirl1 wrote:
Why has the app stopped letting u know what percentage of space u have used and how many shows recorded? Also on other section how many shows scheduled to record is no longer on there? It has been on there for a few years and now all of a sudden gone. Please put back on there or have they decided if we have space on TV they have made space on the app?

There has been no 'official' announcement on this but since it is both iOS and android at the same time, it is a planned change. The streaming website still shows the percentage used and number of recordings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So you say the stream app still shows the percentage used and number of recordings, but I have tried to find it and I can’t. Please tell us where you can see the percentage used on the app.
Frequent Visitor

It's probably another thing they're getting sued for stealing from someone else & had to remove!!!!!

New Poster

you can't find it any more. they took it away for unknown reason

Expert

@Trigirl1 wrote:

you can't find it any more. they took it away for unknown reason

The streaming website still shows the percentage used and number of recordings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

The website is no longer showing the percentage!
Official Employee

Hi all, the percentage icon is no longer available in this version of the app. I've found on the forums, that a lot of folks found the app percentage confusing since it didn't relate to the total storage available to their account as a whole (including the internal storage of the DVR) and just the cloud storage. Since the cloud storage is based on hours and the internal storage is based on gigabit, I think this has helped removed confusion I've seen. Remember, the cloud stores the most recent 60 hours of DVR content (20 hours for instant TV folks) and it deletes the oldest of the 60 hours to make space for newer recordings. Read more about it here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

If you'd like to know the cloud percentage you currently have now, I can provide that info for you. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.