Community Forum

Stream app for IOS causing live stream to shut down every 28 seconds

Frequent Visitor

Stream app for IOS causing live stream to shut down every 28 seconds

I have an older iPad that supports only IOS 10.3.3 (which the Xfinity Stream app claims to support).  Up until mid-July, the Xfinity Stream app worked just fine.  But with the July 16 (I think) update of the app for my device, whenever I stream a live channel, the stream shuts down (goes dark) and restarts every 28 seconds.   Not approximately, but exactly every 28 seconds.

Using another app, for example the Golf Channel app, to stream the same live channel results in no problems at all.  There is no problem with the Stream app on my android phone, nor is there a problem streaming from my Windows machine.  But every channel I try using the IOS app results in the same 28-second shutdown/restart.

For two days now, I have been communicating with Xfinity support to try to fix this problem.  I have deleted and redownloaded the app, I have had support refresh my cable modem several time, sending strong signals, whatever they are, and had to deal with multiple support agents because they kept cutting me off and not seeming to be able to call me back.  I have created alternative user names.  The latest last straw was this afternoon when John from level 4 support claimed that he was going to do something to my account that would take a few minutes take effect and that he would call back in 15 minutes.  Then he never called me back.

To say I'm extremely frustrated is a severe understatement.  I will continue to call support until I can actually talk to someone without them hanging up.  But I'd like to know if anyone else has similar issues, and what you've done about it.

New Poster

Re: Stream app for IOS causing live stream to shut down every 28 seconds

I have same problem with the iPad update 10.3.4. Hope someone finds a fix!