Community Forum

Stream TV

New Poster

Stream TV

After one year of getting access to TV channels OUTSIDE my home via TV to go, today (July 21, 2017) I do not have this option. I am using an Ipad Pro. I can sign in and view the program options but all I receive are "You need a subscription" message.  No TV shows or movies are available. What happened?

Expert

Re: Stream TV

avvocato wrote:

After one year of getting access to TV channels OUTSIDE my home via TV to go, today (July 21, 2017) I do not have this option. I am using an Ipad Pro. I can sign in and view the program options but all I receive are "You need a subscription" message.  No TV shows or movies are available. What happened?

do you see your recordings?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I am not sure what you mean by "can you see your recordings?" Iam thinking that the Xfinity stream app replaced the old er Xfinity TV app.  Apparently this will NOT allow access outside the "home" like when I am traveling such as for the next month. Is this true?  No outside access.

From TV Everywhere help page [ https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/online-tv-through-partner-sites/?currentTopicId=434ed781-80... ]

i see I must now access my available channels independently through individual apps, eg TNT, AMC, TBS, TCM etc.  Well I just tried to sign into TNT and TBS with my valid Xfinity UN and PW. These apps indicate  I could not sign in.  I just tried again and this time it worked.

Obviously Xfinity AStream is NOT a good app for the traveler. BOO Xfinity!

Expert

avvocato wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "can you see your recordings?" Iam thinking that the Xfinity stream app replaced the old er Xfinity TV app.  Apparently this will NOT allow access outside the "home" like when I am traveling such as for the next month. Is this true?  No outside access.

From TV Everywhere help page [ https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/online-tv-through-partner-sites/?currentTopicId=434ed781-80... ]

i see I must now access my available channels independently through individual apps, eg TNT, AMC, TBS, TCM etc.  Well I just tried to sign into TNT and TBS with my valid Xfinity UN and PW. These apps indicate  I could not sign in.  I just tried again and this time it worked.

Obviously Xfinity AStream is NOT a good app for the traveler. BOO Xfinity!

do you have a home DVR? Do you have recordings on that DVR? Does the app show any recordings on the cloud DVR? Are you able to download recordings to watch while travelling even outside the USA? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Problem Solver

Hi @avvocato

XFINITY Stream allows both kinds of viewing: in-home (same channel lineup and On Demand catalog as on your TV box) and out of home (TV Go channels and On Demand). To see only the TV Go options when traveling, tap the Filter button at the top of the screen and choose Available Out of Home. 

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon