Community Forum

Stream TV app not showing live channels

Frequent Visitor

Stream TV app not showing live channels

The Stream TV app (from what i can tell on this forum) seems to have an issue displaying the LIVE TV channels.

It's only showing me the nba league pass channels in the guide and nothing else. No filters are checked so I should be seeing every channel in the list... but I'm not.

Please help!Capture.JPG

Frequent Visitor

Re: Stream TV app not showing live channels

I've tried multiple devices and it's the same problem on all.

Frequent Visitor

I have a similar problem. The TV streaming app is only showing 3 Fox sports channels that I dont even subscribe to. Ugh I am so tired of all the problems with this app.

Expert

_mArs_ wrote:

The Stream TV app (from what i can tell on this forum) seems to have an issue displaying the LIVE TV channels.

It's only showing me the nba league pass channels in the guide and nothing else. No filters are checked so I should be seeing every channel in the list... but I'm not.

Please help!

hi, are you at home connected to your own router's wifi when trying to see all live TV channels? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

bnc wrote:

I have a similar problem. The TV streaming app is only showing 3 Fox sports channels that I dont even subscribe to. Ugh I am so tired of all the problems with this app.

when you touch the stack of paper (like a hamburger icon) does live-TV go channels appear? are you connected to your own home wifi network?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Frequent Visitor

The only channels that are showing up are the 3 Fox college sports channels which I don't subscribe to. Yes I am on my home wifi network. Everything was fine earlier today and I had access to all my channels
Expert

bnc wrote:
The only channels that are showing up are the 3 Fox college sports channels which I don't subscribe to. Yes I am on my home wifi network. Everything was fine earlier today and I had access to all my channels

do you have a desk/laptop that you can use to go to the streaming website https://tv.xfinity.com/ Do all the channels show up on that PC?

Frequent Visitor

I tried using the xfinity internet network and my mobile network.

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast support and was told they are getting alot of calls about problems with the TV streaming app. They are supposedly working on the problem.

Expert

bnc wrote:

I called Comcast support and was told they are getting alot of calls about problems with the TV streaming app. They are supposedly working on the problem.

is this a Roku? if it is a smart device check under settings and be sure the setting for using cell data is on. Then turn off wifi and see if the TV go channels are listed (hit the hamburger/stack of papers menu button and touch 'TV Go Channels'. will any of them play for you? after test be sure to turn off cell data in settings of the app if you do not want to use cell data in the future.

Frequent Visitor

This problem happens on both my iPhone and iPad . I am familiar with the wifi off and on trick and nothing has changed.
Frequent Visitor

Surprise surprise everything is mysteriously working again as of this morning . I made no changes on my end.