Community Forum

Stream (TV) App Thinks I am not at home

Valued Contributor

Stream (TV) App Thinks I am not at home

Stream/TV app thinks I am out of my home when I am not and I am connected to my home network.

I only have 1 user name on my account.

Whats up?

Official Employee

Re: Stream (TV) App Thinks I am not at home

joey12volt wrote:

Stream/TV app thinks I am out of my home when I am not and I am connected to my home network.

I only have 1 user name on my account.

Whats up?

Hi Joey,

Is this happening on your Android device?  Are you connected via VPN by any chance?  

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Valued Contributor

Yes and Yes. Did not think of that. I will try that tonight. Ty
New Poster

I am having the same issue. The app worked beautifully. Now all of sudden it says I'm not home :-(. Tried resetting the modem, turning off the WiFi on my iPhone, and nothing worked. Help!
Expert

Sportage102 wrote:
I am having the same issue. The app worked beautifully. Now all of sudden it says I'm not home :-(. Tried resetting the modem, turning off the WiFi on my iPhone, and nothing worked. Help!

on your iphone, select the settings app, wifi, what is the format of the "SSID" name (like 'home xxxxx')? be sure you are not connected to an SSID "xfinitywifi'.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Thank you! It didn't work. I can only see TVgo. :-(
Expert

Sportage102 wrote:
Thank you! It didn't work. I can only see TVgo. :-(

you did not hit the quote button so not sure to whom you are replying. Please reply to post #5 in this thread (above).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

was watching xfinity on my roku this morning, now it says i have to be in my home to watch.  I am 2 feet from my modem

New Poster

I'm having the same issue on my iPad.  The live streaming was working fine til the most recent app update,  now it doesn't recognize that I am at home.  Very annoying.  Any suggestions? 

Expert

Kaj22 wrote:

I'm having the same issue on my iPad.  The live streaming was working fine til the most recent app update,  now it doesn't recognize that I am at home.  Very annoying.  Any suggestions? 

did you try logging out and back in? I just tried my ipad mini and iphone and android phone and tablet and all work with the stream app at the moment.

New Poster

The steam has started working again all on its own.  I'll try the logging out/in if it acts up again.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Official Employee

Hello Kaj22, did logging out and back in to the app fix your issue? 

New Poster

I have the same issue: Xfinity Stream on my iPad insists I am not at home, despite the fact I _am_ at home and connected to my home wifi.  A week or so ago, I was able to stream Root Sports here on this same device and network, now for the second night in a row, it suddenly says I cannot.  I've tried "renewing the lease" on the iPad wifi connection, turning off wifi completely and turning it back on, doing a complete reboot of the iPad, logging out of the Stream app and logging back in, all to no avail.  The network shown _is_ my home network, not some other name, nothing has changed in that network or its modem for at least a year.  Very frustrating!  What in the world do I need to do for Stream to recognize that I _am_ at home and once again allow me to view Root Sports, please??

Expert

Tom_Altman wrote:

I have the same issue: Xfinity Stream on my iPad insists I am not at home, despite the fact I _am_ at home and connected to my home wifi.  A week or so ago, I was able to stream Root Sports here on this same device and network, now for the second night in a row, it suddenly says I cannot.  I've tried "renewing the lease" on the iPad wifi connection, turning off wifi completely and turning it back on, doing a complete reboot of the iPad, logging out of the Stream app and logging back in, all to no avail.  The network shown _is_ my home network, not some other name, nothing has changed in that network or its modem for at least a year.  Very frustrating!  What in the world do I need to do for Stream to recognize that I _am_ at home and once again allow me to view Root Sports, please??

on your iPad run the Xfinity My Account app, select the internet tab. Do you see a modem with serial number listed? If so, does the serial number match your modem?

New Poster

Installed new Xfinity modem, but now Stream App doesn’t think I’m at home when I am.  Checked all, re-installed.  FAQ says to go to App Settings and change household account, yet I go to the  app there is no option provided to change.

Expert

@Ne3 wrote:

Installed new Xfinity modem, but now Stream App doesn’t think I’m at home when I am.  Checked all, re-installed.  FAQ says to go to App Settings and change household account, yet I go to the  app there is no option provided to change.

it can take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect. verify the modem's HFC Mac address is now shown on the Xfinity my Account app under the internet tab (touch the modem).

New Poster

It’s been 48 hours, doeysnt work

Expert

@Ne3 wrote:

It’s been 48 hours, doeysnt work

working now?  on another thread a Comcast employee said the issue is fixed.

Contributor

Nope

Expert

@patkes wrote:

Nope

run the Xfinity My Account app, login and select the internet tab. the modem's serial number will be shown. compare it character for character with the HFC MAC address on your modem. same?

Contributor

Yes. My Account app shows correct model and MAC

Expert

@patkes wrote:

please call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). 

Contributor

Tier2 said that this is an ongoing problem in the heartland area 

Frequent Visitor

What exactly does a deep background account refresh do?  I am asking because of a similar problem.  Ever since I replaced my old Xfinity modem with the new Arris Xfi modem I cannot run the Xfinity Streaming app on my roku boxes.  Even though I returned the old modem to the local Comcast office a couple of days ago, I still see two modems listed in my equipment page.  I am suspicious that might be what is causing me the problem.  I did a chat with a Comcast agent, who basically said that they know I returned it and it doesn’t show on their system anymore.  I believe them, but it does still show when I login to my account through their web interface.  Anyway, if the deep background account refresh is sure to do more good than harm I’m williing to give it a try.

Thanks,

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

please call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). 

Expert

@SStinedurf wrote:

What exactly does a deep background account refresh do?  I am asking because of a similar problem.  Ever since I replaced my old Xfinity modem with the new Arris Xfi modem I cannot run the Xfinity Streaming app on my roku boxes.  Even though I returned the old modem to the local Comcast office a couple of days ago, I still see two modems listed in my equipment page.  I am suspicious that might be what is causing me the problem.  I did a chat with a Comcast agent, who basically said that they know I returned it and it doesn’t show on their system anymore.  I believe them, but it does still show when I login to my account through their web interface.  Anyway, if the deep background account refresh is sure to do more good than harm I’m williing to give it a try.

Thanks,

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

the process appears to rebuild the account from all the databases so that the account details all match comcast's records which corrects any mismatch (like not seeing all the channels on devices that you pay for in your subscription).

Regular Visitor

This is marked “solved” but I’ve gone through this entire thread and can’t find an answer. I am having this problem suddenly tonight, for the first time, on all my iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook). I am not running a VPN. MY devices are definitely on my home WiFi and not xfinity or anything else. I have reset the WiFi and both devices. I have logged out and in several times. I called customer support and got a friendly but very clueless screener who never did seem to understand my problem before kicking me into a tech support hold queue that I gave up on after an hour.

So please, WHY is this happening and WHAT can I do to fix it?

Expert

@ShauraMeservy wrote:

This is marked “solved” but I’ve gone through this entire thread and can’t find an answer. I am having this problem suddenly tonight, for the first time, on all my iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook). I am not running a VPN. MY devices are definitely on my home WiFi and not xfinity or anything else. I have reset the WiFi and both devices. I have logged out and in several times. I called customer support and got a friendly but very clueless screener who never did seem to understand my problem before kicking me into a tech support hold queue that I gave up on after an hour.

So please, WHY is this happening and WHAT can I do to fix it?

copied from my post earlier in this thread...run the Xfinity My Account app, login and select the internet tab. the modem's serial number will be shown. compare it character for character with the HFC MAC address on your modem. same?

Regular Visitor

copied from my post earlier in this thread...run the Xfinity My Account app, login and select the internet tab. the modem's serial number will be shown. compare it character for character with the HFC MAC address on your modem. same?

There is no HFC MAC, but there is a CM MAC and yes, it is exactly the same.

Expert

@ShauraMeservy wrote:

There is no HFC MAC, but there is a CM MAC and yes, it is exactly the same.

good. now try the "A" button system refresh. when the boxes reboot (takes 10-15 minutes so give it 20-30 minutes) then logout and back in to your stream TV app. fixed? if not then call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to perform a deep account background refresh (takes up to an hour). then log out of the stream TV app and then back in. fixed?

Regular Visitor

Can you please tell me what “the ‘A’ button system refresh” is and how to do it? I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that.
Expert

@ShauraMeservy wrote:
Can you please tell me what “the ‘A’ button system refresh” is and how to do it? I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that.

at home in front of an X1 connected TV press the A button on the remote. select system refresh and option to refresh now.