Community Forum

Stream App: "you have reached your stream limit, or downloaded to the maximum number of devices"

Frequent Visitor

Stream App: "you have reached your stream limit, or downloaded to the maximum number of devices"

So we have 2 Roku on 2 separate TVs. Today I bought a 3rd Roku to install on a TV on the patio. I download all the Roku account info, the Xfinity Streaming TV Beta app (just like the other two Roku) and the app and guide work as usual. I can scroll thru and view whats on tv. Two TVs/Roku  are off, I only have on the one TV and Roku at this time. 

(pics for effect, I dont watch Y&R, btw lol) 

When I chose "watch" a live program, I get the error message:

You've reached your streaming limit. This content is streaming or has been downloaded to the maximum number of devices." 

Error DRM.3329,12005

So I see the Xfinity Streaming app is limited to "two devices streaming simultanously". 

I go to chat. Have a 30 min back/forth about my account, proper use of my uder name, how many TVs I have, which ones are on, etc. ad finally get the "we are going to escalate this to a higher agency for review" (which after 3 calls to Xfinity CS I assume is code for "I do not know and want to get off the phone") She says "X1 cloud DVR customers can load app to unlimited devices and stream up to 50"...  uh, ok. 

So, how many "devices" (roku, phone. tv, etc) can I download the Streaming app onto, and how many can I watch at 1 time? I have my other two TVs off, and cannot get #3 to watch live TV. 

x1.jpg
x2.jpg
x3.jpg
x4.jpg
Official Employee

Re: Stream App: "you have reached your stream limit, or downloaded to the maximum number of devices"

Hi, DamazonPrime - Thank you for the detailed explanation and pictures. Did you record anything at that moment when you were trying to watch a show on your 3rd TV?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Too Many devices

I don't understand why I got a message say I had too many devices streaming. I know exactly how many devices I had running. Mine, my husband's, and my 2 boys. What is the point of having this if everyone (on the home network) can't use it? There was also a terribly less amount of streaming when I spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I'm paying for the streaming, why am I not allowed to use it?

New Poster

Re: Stream App: "you have reached your stream limit, or downloaded to the maximum number of dev

No, it was a party for my son's birthday. I just went back to watching Netflix and 
Amazon Prime. I'm very disappointed in Comcast.

Expert

Re: Too Many devices

@Ice_Angel73 wrote:

I don't understand why I got a message say I had too many devices streaming. I know exactly how many devices I had running. Mine, my husband's, and my 2 boys. What is the point of having this if everyone (on the home network) can't use it? There was also a terribly less amount of streaming when I spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I'm paying for the streaming, why am I not allowed to use it?

limit is 5 devices at the same time. note that for desk/laptop use, just closing a browser instead of stopping the stream (big x on the upper right of the video stream) will cause the stream to appear to still be streaming even though the browser window is closed. your subscription service is for home entertainment (set top boxes). the streaming devices are an extra free benefit of your subscription.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Too Many devices

Hello, Ice_Angel73! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

Rustyben has provided some great information. You may want to try closing/signing out of the app on another device so that you can stream on something else. Please let me know if that helps or if there is something else that I can assist you with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.