Community Forum

Stream App only shows TV to Go channels and nothing works

New Poster

Stream App only shows TV to Go channels and nothing works

I have a fairly odd situation.  I have 4 iPads in the house. 3 of them have no issues seeing all the live TV channels in my package and lists TV to go channels as an option under Live TV. One of them only shows Tv to go channels and does not show it as an option under Live TV. I have already checked the following:

the bad iPad  is on the same WiFi network as the good ones

the bad iPad has had the app deleted and reinstalled

the bad iPad is running the same version of the app 5.0.0.1183 as the good ones

the bad iPad has been factory reset and wiped clean before the app was installed. 

No other third party apps have been installed or are running

I am thinking that there must be a device table with Comcast that is only allowing the bad iPad to see the TV to go channels. The three good ones are two minis and a regular iPad. The bad iPad is an iPad Air 2. 

003CFAC6-0E65-4686-8FFA-A3658FCCDEC0.jpeg
2778B228-FCCD-41EF-B8C5-E34746E02556.png
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Stream App only shows TV to Go channels and nothing works

log out of the app on the 'bad' ipad. go to the settings menu (stack of papers/hamburger) and scroll down to the gear. tap two times on the version and select the option to reset device specific information. then log back in, working?  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi there. Thanks for responding. I was able to do what you described by going I to the settings and double tapping the version. I cleared the device info but unfortunately that didn’t change anything when logging back in. Still only TV go options for channels. But that was an option I didn’t know about. I’ll maybe have to call support later today. 

Expert

@RJDJ25 wrote:

Hi there. Thanks for responding. I was able to do what you described by going I to the settings and double tapping the version. I cleared the device info but unfortunately that didn’t change anything when logging back in. Still only TV go options for channels. But that was an option I didn’t know about. I’ll maybe have to call support later today. 

i just tried several connection methods (cell, neighbor's xfinitywifi connection, cell tether) but could not get 'just' TVgo channels. Are you sure the same account and password is used for each login?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@RJDJ25 wrote:

I consulted with others on the forum and the primary suggestion is this test. logout of each and every streaming devices (desk/laptops, tablets/phones) and the bad ipad. then login only on the bad ipad and see if the problem is 'fixed'.

New Poster

Hi thanks for the idea. Unfortunately now all the Ipads act like the bad one and now only show Tv to go channels and show a subscription required error. I’ll contact customer support and report back on what they say. 

New Poster

**Update**

I spent a little over an hour last night with customer support troubleshooting many of the same things we had covered already, including a modem restart and a directed IP address restart. Both did nothing. I have a ticket open with escalated support. I will keep you updated. In looking at the xfinity.com/stream website I was able to diagnose that the router thinks I am still out of home, even when I am here in my house. I moved recently and something must be disconnected between the router hardware, my service address and my old location/account. The tech said that the router refresh should have fixed an issue like this, but clearly it did not. Here is what xfinity.com/stream says when I try to play something from my PC. Notice the "away from home" status:

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 10
Browser
Chrome 69.0.3497.100
Flash version
Status
away from home
Entitlements
tve-linear, est, tve-vod
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_5.1.2_prod_1539366930610_43004
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
Error code
TVAPP-00217
Error description
Failed to start external linear stream
Error aux info
Video Provider
Video Source
Video Title
Dismiss
New Poster

**Update**

So after speaking with a higher level customer service rep I was told that if I created a new user, complete with new login info and a new email address I could solve the issue. The known issue is moving the same equipment (the modem/router) from one service address to another creates a backend issue for Comcast. It then sees the old equipment as out of home at the new address. I was able to create a new user and use that login information on all my devices including my PC, Ipads and phones to view my Xfinity stream app and all my channels. So if you are having an issue seeing all TV Go channels or only part of your channel lineup and have moved service addresses recently, try creating a new user and use the new user credentials to log into the Xfinity stream app. Problem solved!

Official Employee

Hello, RJDJ25!

I'm glad you reached out on the forums concerning this issue. If you would still like to be able to use your old username, I may be able to reattach it to your current account so it works properly again. Please feel free to send me a Private Message with your full name and the username and question so I can further assist you. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.