Community Forum

Stream App not showing recordings ONLY on Fox?

Contributor

Stream App not showing recordings ONLY on Fox?

I posted yesterday thinking that the Stream App was not syncing - but I did some testing. Both shows that do not show up on the Stream App or on Xfinity Stream online were recorded from Fox.  So I tried recording a show on another channel and that showed up and was able to be watched. I then tried recording a show on the Fox Channel.  It is currently recording on my DVR cable box and can be watched - but it is NOT showing up on the Stream App or Stream online!  I tried Syncing my devices through my cable box but that didn't help.  I have the Fox App on my phone and that works and shows that it is working through Xfinity.  So this is a very strange problem.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Expert

Re: Stream App not showing recordings ONLY on Fox?

@truthseeker719 wrote:

I posted yesterday thinking that the Stream App was not syncing - but I did some testing. Both shows that do not show up on the Stream App or on Xfinity Stream online were recorded from Fox.  So I tried recording a show on another channel and that showed up and was able to be watched. I then tried recording a show on the Fox Channel.  It is currently recording on my DVR cable box and can be watched - but it is NOT showing up on the Stream App or Stream online!  I tried Syncing my devices through my cable box but that didn't help.  I have the Fox App on my phone and that works and shows that it is working through Xfinity.  So this is a very strange problem.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

a comcast employee said that some issues would be fixed around the end of this week.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thank you Rusty Ben - not clear what you’re saying though. Comcast says this is a known issue and will be fixed by week’s end? So not my equipment then? Thanks again for always helping.
Official Employee

Hi, truthseeker719 - I will try to find more details regarding the issue with the Fox channel. In the meantime, please refrain from sending unsolicited private messages to moderators. It's a violation of our Forums Policy and Guidelines. I will update this thread as soon as I get more information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Very sorry. I did not know that.
Official Employee

@truthseeker719 - No worries at all. I won't get any updates today due to holiday but hopefully, I will get more information tomorrow. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Any update on this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm in the Philly area, recording Fox29 on channel 805. Can watch the recording fine on the TV through the X1 box but can't see it (listed) on any streaming devices (iPad, computer, etc.). We have a new modem if that means anything. Everything else works perfectly. Thanks.

Contributor

According to Comcast Technical support - this is a known issue left over from the major outage a few weeks ago.  They say they are working on it but I am experiencing exactly the same thing you describe on the same channel.  All other channels show up on the app.  You may want to contact Comcast Technical Support to let them know you are having the same issue.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, Truth.

Expert

If still experiencing problems with that one channel, call 800-Comcast, select billing, and ask the agent to perform a deep background account database refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). working after that hour? if the agent doesn't know what it means ask for a supervisor.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion.  A tech person is calling me every couple of days about this.  I will mention this to her the next time she calls.