Community Forum

Stream App is terrible

Regular Visitor

Stream App is terrible

Where to begin? So many issues with this app. First the app doesn't show all the programs that I've recorded. Now shows that were showing up on the app are disappearing but are still on my DVR. Some new shows show up and some don't. There's no rhyme or reason. 

I can no longer download any of the shows I've recorded. Like many other people it starts downloading and then at some point it goes back down to 0% and starts to download again but never makes it to 100%. This is incredibly frustrating if you want To watch a program on a plane or if you don't have wifi.  I have tried this with several different types of programs ranging from one hour to 30 minutes and none of them work. 

Expert

Re: Stream App is terrible

pbennison wrote:

Where to begin? So many issues with this app. First the app doesn't show all the programs that I've recorded. Now shows that were showing up on the app are disappearing but are still on my DVR. Some new shows show up and some don't. There's no rhyme or reason. 

I can no longer download any of the shows I've recorded. Like many other people it starts downloading and then at some point it goes back down to 0% and starts to download again but never makes it to 100%. This is incredibly frustrating if you want To watch a program on a plane or if you don't have wifi.  I have tried this with several different types of programs ranging from one hour to 30 minutes and none of them work. 

is this an android device or an iOS device? what is the app version for your stream app? What version of android OS or iOS are you running?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

pbennison wrote:

The Stream app uses the Cloud DVR, not your physical DVR. Please read the FAQs here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Typically, when a DVR program won't download to the app, it is because there are missing "fragments" (pieces of the original video) which causes the download to fail. Please make sure you've updated to the latest version of the app to get the best experience - our engineers are continually improving the abilty of the Stream app to overcome the failures of the Cloud DVR.

-ComcastDan

Regular Visitor

I have the latest version of the stream app. The app just doesn't work correctly. When I've been able to download shows it takes a long time but I finally get them. There are other times when it will never download a show,  it will go all the way up to 90% then go to 0% and start all over. 

Then there are many shows that don't show up on the stream app. I have a series recording set and some of the episodes were available and's and some of the newer ones are not. And I only have 20% -30% full. 

Expert

pbennison wrote:

I have the latest version of the stream app. The app just doesn't work correctly. When I've been able to download shows it takes a long time but I finally get them. There are other times when it will never download a show,  it will go all the way up to 90% then go to 0% and start all over. 

Then there are many shows that don't show up on the stream app. I have a series recording set and some of the episodes were available and's and some of the newer ones are not. And I only have 20% -30% full. 

what device? what OS (iOS or android version).  Is this stream app on Roku? Are you by chance in Detroit or the Twin Cities area?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Visitor

I am running IOS 9.3.5 and I am in Boston.  This app used to work fine when I first downloaded a long time ago and since then, with the updates, it won't download recorded show or anything on demand (that's downloadable)

Expert

pbennison wrote:

I am running IOS 9.3.5 and I am in Boston.  This app used to work fine when I first downloaded a long time ago and since then, with the updates, it won't download recorded show or anything on demand (that's downloadable)

iOS 9.* had lots of problems with downloads. are you able to update to iOS 10? 11 is out in a few weeks.