Community Forum

Stream App Unable Won't Work With Mixed Business Inet/Residential TV

New Poster

Stream App Unable Won't Work With Mixed Business Inet/Residential TV

I have Residential Comcast TV service, and I have Comcast Business Class High Speed Internet. When attempting to setup the Xfinity Stream BETA app on my TCL Roku TV, I get an error that says "Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription." (Error: createDrmSession, -1)

Is this just a "oh we never thought about that" situation and won't work, or is there a way to make sure that the Streaming App authorization actually uses the account I am logged into on the web?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Stream App Unable Won't Work With Mixed Business Inet/Residential TV

It’s neither, you need residential internet for the app to work. It goes by account and residential and business are separate entities

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

So you need BOTH Comcast residential cable TV and Comcast residential high speed internet? That seems like a weird restriction, especially given that the requirements specifically mentions that you can use the app on cellular networks. Isn't the $100 a month for cable enough, especially because you are trying to compete with streaming? I am trying to come up with reasons not to switch to something else.

The lines in bold do not indicate anything about Comcast Xfinity Internet being a requirement. 

Note: The Xfinity Stream app is now available to all customers with Xfinity TV service, including those with Xfinity Instant TV.

Streaming and Downloading Requirements

To stream or download programs in the Xfinity Stream app:

• You must be an Xfinity TV customer (X1, non-X1, or Xfinity Instant TV).
  • The program you want to access must be on a channel included in your channel lineup. For example, your channel lineup must include HBO for you to view or download HBO programs.
  • Your device must have an active Internet connection via WiFi or a 3G/4G cellular network. Using a cellular network may incur data charges; check your wireless provider's rate plan for details.
  • To stream in-home live TV you must be connected to your in-home Xfinity network.
  • Pay per view events are not available in the app.

New Poster

Just to be extra clear since the answer I was given seems to not really be one:
I have Comcast Xfinity Residential TV. I log into my Comcast Residential Xfinity TV account on my Webbrowser, to try and activate the Streaming App, and the TV then shows the error mentioned. If the requirements are accurate, then why I am being prevented from using the Streaming App on my device?

Diamond Problem Solver

Are you using your residential log in or your business account log in?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I am using my residential login, but I will say that there is a lot of logging in going on, the xfinity.com/authorize page seems to not like the initial login attempt redirects to a different login screen and eventually works (using my Xfinity username, whereas Comcast Business uses email addresses for logging in).  Presumably, though, I wouldn't see "Success! You should see your screen update shortly" on the web browser if I was not logged into my residential tv account there. Does that sound like a true assumption?

New Poster

I have residential internet and I get the same message.
New Poster

Any updates on this? Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi @jamcyn and @Chrisguns44

The "(Error: createDrmSession, -1)" is a technical issue that can be resolved with additional troubleshooting. In order to help clear this error, I will need to gather the following information in a private message:

1. Your first and last name and the name of the account holder if different than yours. 
  2. Roku model number.
  3. The username you're using to log in.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the same problem with my Roku.

I have comcast residental video service as well as high speed internet.

Same error. 

Using a Roku 4630X - Roku Premiere+ 

I've deleted the app, restarted, reinstalled the app.  Every time I enter the code I get the DRM -1 error.

Extremely frustrating. 

I clicked on your name to send a message, but that doesn't appear to be an option for me.

Expert

@mustangthz wrote:

I'm having the same problem with my Roku.

I have comcast residental video service as well as high speed internet.

Same error. 

Using a Roku 4630X - Roku Premiere+ 

I've deleted the app, restarted, reinstalled the app.  Every time I enter the code I get the DRM -1 error.

Extremely frustrating. 

I clicked on your name to send a message, but that doesn't appear to be an option for me.

you have to be logged in and have made at least one post on the forum. try again now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

I'm a Comcast residential customer with both data and TV subscription including HBO. I can't stream HBO on the Roku Xfinity Stream app, the Xfinity mobile Android app, or the Xfinity Stream website.

Roku: Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription. Check out ...instant-tv to subscribe today!

I went there and it said I already had instant TV and was cleared to stream.

Android: Subscription Required :: 12012 and a popup "Error: We're sorry, something unexpected happened. Please try again." every time.

Stream site includes the following diagnostics after failing to play:

Entitlements: tve-vod, tve-linear, est

Last fingerprint: cloudtv_web_polymer_5.4.0_prod_1547428973999_51678

Stream provider: primetime

Error code: TVAPP-00203

Away from home is interesting because I'm connected through my home wifi to my own wired home Comcast internet connection.

Expert

@Ptable wrote:

I'm a Comcast residential customer with both data and TV subscription including HBO. I can't stream HBO on the Roku Xfinity Stream app, the Xfinity mobile Android app, or the Xfinity Stream website.

Roku: Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription. Check out ...instant-tv to subscribe today!

I went there and it said I already had instant TV and was cleared to stream.

Android: Subscription Required :: 12012 and a popup "Error: We're sorry, something unexpected happened. Please try again." every time.

Stream site includes the following diagnostics after failing to play:

Entitlements: tve-vod, tve-linear, est

Last fingerprint: cloudtv_web_polymer_5.4.0_prod_1547428973999_51678

Stream provider: primetime

Error code: TVAPP-00203

Away from home is interesting because I'm connected through my home wifi to my own wired home Comcast internet connection.

did you recently change your modem/gateway? use the Xfinity my account app, the internet tab, and touch the modem. be sure the modem's HFC MAC address is exactly the same as the 'serial number' shown on the app for the modem/gateway.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hi, mustangthz. Thanks for posting. Let us know if you're still unable to send ComcastChe a private message after giving it another try.

Ptable, welcome and thank you for reaching out. Let us know if you made any recent changes to your modem and then we'll determine what we'll need to do to assist you from there. 

Thank you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I changed my modem several months ago. It is customer owned and its serial number matches the one shown on my account on the website.

An odd problem. Whenever I try to manage my services, it lets me pick between two addresses, one where I now live and one where I lived over 3 years ago. Might deleting this old address help?

Official Employee

Hi @Ptable

I can investigate to confirm if that is the problem. I've replied to your private message. Please reply at your earliest convenience and we can go from there. Chat with you soon.