Community Forum

Stream App Problems

Regular Visitor

Stream App Problems

I am having trouble with access to my Stream app pretty much across the board.  I moved about a month ago and set up the equipment myself in the new house.  The internet connection is solid and everything is working great with both cable boxes.  When I try to use the Stream app, it either says that the channel is only available from my home network (even though I am connected to it) or a subscription is required to view this channel (even though it is a channel that I do have.)  I also have no access to my DVR in the stream app, it is not even an option on any menus within the app.  I've called every level of support and even had a technician come to my house to no avail.  The usual response is to check if I can delete the app and then reinstall it while they send a refresh feed.  I've tried everything I can think of (and apparently so has Xfinity.) There have been at least 10 phone calls and I am nowhere closer to solving this problem than when I started.  Anyone else have a similar problem?

Expert

Re: Stream App Problems

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, dwig77 - 

Let's take a look at the Stream App together. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name to get started? Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes it am getting same thing!!
New Poster

I'm having the same exact problem... Please help... Anyone!?1

Official Employee

Hello, all - 

To look into this issue further together, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Still no answer, they have put in a "ticket" for the third time.  I'm not sure how this issue could be so difficult to solve.  Over a month and countless hours spent on the phone and with the technician at my house and 0 progress.

Expert

@dwig77 wrote:

Still no answer, they have put in a "ticket" for the third time.  I'm not sure how this issue could be so difficult to solve.  Over a month and countless hours spent on the phone and with the technician at my house and 0 progress.

please check the post just above your post and follow the directions to get fixed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, dwig77 - 

I responded to your PM yesterday, and we are still looking into the issue. We'll respond back to you there one there's an update.

Regular Visitor

The issue has been resolved for me.  I was instructed to create a secondary username and log in under the second name and that was successful.

Highlighted
Admin1

dwig77 -- Thank you for working with us and letting us know that this has been resolved. Please reach back out to us if anything else comes up and we'll get you taken care of.