Community Forum

Stream App Error: Not Home Network

New Poster

Stream App Error: Not Home Network

We were watching a program on our iPad at home using the Xfinity Stream app, when suddenly it kicked us out of the program and an error about not being on our home network appeared. Clearly we are. I also checked from a laptop, and the same error appears when using a browser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which of course did not work. I rebooted the router, and that did not work. We are watching something on Youtube on another device, and that stream is good--so it isn't internet connectivity. I also checked the outage map, and there are no reported outages for my address, or indeed in the area around our house. What else can I try?
Expert

Re: Stream App Error: Not Home Network

@susanmvb wrote:
We were watching a program on our iPad at home using the Xfinity Stream app, when suddenly it kicked us out of the program and an error about not being on our home network appeared. Clearly we are. I also checked from a laptop, and the same error appears when using a browser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which of course did not work. I rebooted the router, and that did not work. We are watching something on Youtube on another device, and that stream is good--so it isn't internet connectivity. I also checked the outage map, and there are no reported outages for my address, or indeed in the area around our house. What else can I try?

do you see an error message and error message number?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Stream App Error: Not Home Network

There was no error--it simply told us we needed to be on our home network. However, the issue seems to have resolved itself overnight. Thank you for your response.