Community Forum

Starz movies won't download to TV app on Gen 3 iPad

Frequent Visitor

Starz movies won't download to TV app on Gen 3 iPad

I don't seem to be able to completely download a movie from Starz with TV app on my Gen 3 iPad.  I can download movies from Showtime and HBO, but I get to about 65% with Starz movies and it decides to start over.  I've double checked and, yes, I do have access to Starz (I'm watching it right now).  Kind of frustrating as I'm going on a trip and there are a couple of movies that I would have liked to download.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Expert

Re: Starz movies won't download to TV app on Gen 3 iPad

paulmatlin wrote:

I don't seem to be able to completely download a movie from Starz with TV app on my Gen 3 iPad.  I can download movies from Showtime and HBO, but I get to about 65% with Starz movies and it decides to start over.  I've double checked and, yes, I do have access to Starz (I'm watching it right now).  Kind of frustrating as I'm going on a trip and there are a couple of movies that I would have liked to download.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Red-letter comcast employees stated on other threads that Apple has a fix that will be in iOS 10.2 -- it isn't conmast's fault. 10.2 is on public beta if you wish to try it out. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info.  I did a search in the forums, but didn't see anything.  Unfortunately, the Gen 3 iPad won't upgrade past iOS 9, so upgrades to 10.x won't do me much good.  I've got a few other apps that are in a similar situation, though it is interesting that this apparently only affects Starz and not HBO or Showtime.  It may be time to get a new iPad, though the old one still works rather well.

Again, thanks.

Paul

Expert

paulmatlin wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I did a search in the forums, but didn't see anything.  Unfortunately, the Gen 3 iPad won't upgrade past iOS 9, so upgrades to 10.x won't do me much good.  I've got a few other apps that are in a similar situation, though it is interesting that this apparently only affects Starz and not HBO or Showtime.  It may be time to get a new iPad, though the old one still works rather well.

Again, thanks.

Paul

http://ios10guide.com/ios-10-compatibility-which-devices-support-ios-10/ says 3rd generation will update to iOS 10 now.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).