Community Forum

Starz in spanish

Regular Visitor

Starz in spanish

I've been watching Outlander on my Kindle Fire using the xfinity stream app .Starting yesterday, all episodes are now in Spanish and I cannot get them in English .This appears to be happening only with this show. Anyone else having this problem?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Starz in spanish

@Anon1240594 wrote:

I've been watching Outlander on my Kindle Fire using the xfinity stream app .Starting yesterday, all episodes are now in Spanish and I cannot get them in English .This appears to be happening only with this show. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, just now, but it's more widespread than the above. I got a new (Android) tablet today and loaed up the Xfinity Steam app. I tried to stream the show "Counterpart" (Netflix). Despite choosing the English version in the search results, all I get is audio in Spanish. I checked and the SAP is turned off in the app on this device. I went back to the search results and, yes, the Spanish version is in Spanish.

I then went to an older tablet where this had previously (last week) worked. Same result ... app streams audio in Spanish.

I just now went to the TV and under "resume" chose the same episode of Counterpart and then chose "resume". The TV audio is in English !!! Same program continuing where it left off in the app ... but in English !!!

So, once again, the streaming app is a pile of steaming ... 

Why, oh why, can't Comcast keep it working ?  I guarantee you Google does not have similar problems with Youtube.

Frequent Visitor

Correcting one mistake above ...

Counterpart is on STARZ, not Netflix. Seems this has occurred previously with STARZ.

New Poster

I'm finding ALL Starz on demand are streaming in Spanish
New Poster

Having same problem with Nightflyers. So far everything else seems to be in English. They have to know there's a bug because I live chatted with Customer Support.
New Poster

Has there been a fix put in for this. My Outlander is now streaming in Spanish too
Tags (3)
New Poster

Having the same problem! Chatted with comcast support for several hours this morning on Twitter. All starz shows are streaming in spanish.
New Poster

Happening to us seems to be on the app only wife is watching outlander on computer and it is in English
Frequent Visitor

Here's a possible clue and oddity ... I just resumed the episode of "Counterpart" on a tablet (still in Spanish) and then on a PC. The PC streams in English.

Seems to indicate the streaming app is the culprit. Again.

Expert

unless you are watching a native language only channel, many programs have more than just English available (it is all in the same 'signal stream sent to your device). while watching on the device find the white 'bubble' box and select it and set the language you wish to use while watching. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Clicking the 'bubble box' while watching and changing it to English (it's actually already on English, but is giving Spanish audio) does not work either.
Frequent Visitor

Nope, tried switching between English and Spanish and it comes out Spanish in both cases. 

Frequent Visitor

I will note that, for me, it's only the 'On Demand' programming that's AFU. If I watch a Starz channel via the app in real-time, the audio is in English. Just now on ch752 the movie 'The Other Guys' is on and can be heard, via the app, in English. Going to the On Demand menu and choosing the same movie for playback gets me Spanish (again independent of the language set via the bubble box).

New Poster

Starz Movies Stream in Spanish Only

Even though movie's written description is in English, and SAP is turned off, movies play in Spanish.
How do I fix this?
New Poster

No, that didn't work.
The 'white bubble' was already set to English. Just to be sure, I set to Spanish (audio continued in Spanish), then set *back* to English - no change. Audio continues in Spanish.
~sigh~
Expert

@KJC29 wrote:
No, that didn't work.
The 'white bubble' was already set to English. Just to be sure, I set to Spanish (audio continued in Spanish), then set *back* to English - no change. Audio continues in Spanish.
~sigh~

I just checked on ios12 on iphone and android both worked fine. on android you also have to touch 'ok' to change the spoken language. checked for OS updates and latest version of app?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Re: Starz Movies Stream in Spanish Only

@KJC29 wrote:
Even though movie's written description is in English, and SAP is turned off, movies play in Spanish.
How do I fix this?

I moved this cross-post to the same thread you are discussing the issue. Please do not open new threads on same subject.

Frequent Visitor

I just checked on ios12 on iphone and android both worked fine. on android you also have to touch 'ok' to change the spoken language. checked for OS updates and latest version of app?

Did the OK thing, made no difference (as was proper as SAP was turned off) and I'd hope the Google Play store would D/L the latest version (?5.1.4.002?) to my tablet.

As it turns out it worked for you because the elves behind curtain fixed it. I checked this PM and I now have Counterpart in English on both Android tablets.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Starz Movies Stream in Spanish Only

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having this issue all around and with the exorbitant cost I’m paying😡🤬 I don’t have time for this!! EVERY SINGLE STARZ station is coming in Spanish along w all on- demand items ...... previous posts back to Dec 2018 don’t give me much hope this ‘fix’ they supposedly did was much of a resolution
Official Employee

SusanO2, thanks for letting us know about the language issue you're seeing with Starz. Assuming you've confirmed SAP isn't enabled, I can take a look at the backend. Please send me your full name via private message for assistance. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

6/9/2019 @ 5 PM CST

All of my STARZ channels are speaking in Spanish!

WOW! What a joke.

I mean Comcast is a Joke.

They need to fix ASAP or I will cancel my service.

Expert

@CARLENEDARLING4 wrote:

6/9/2019 @ 5 PM CST

All of my STARZ channels are speaking in Spanish!

WOW! What a joke.

I mean Comcast is a Joke.

They need to fix ASAP or I will cancel my service.

you will need to play a streaming video that has the issue and change the 'bubble' language to turn off all of the switches.

Official Employee

CARLENEDARLING4, are you still having an issue with Starz in Spanish? Have you been able to try to disable SAP for that channel? 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

YES, I have fixed it.  I went to SAP & fixed it.

Official Employee

Hey, CARLENEDARLING4. Thanks for reaching back out to us and letting us know you were able to fix this issue by going into your SAP settings. If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.