Community Forum

Someone is using my xfinity stream app

Frequent Visitor

If someone could assist me in the right direction that would be great ! I have seen a few posts regarding this problem and it seems the problem has been solved for most people by a comcast support agent . I gave my Xfinity login to a friend awhile back so she could use the Xfinity streaming app. I have changed my password several times and nothing is kicking her off the app. Also her phone is not showing up on manage devices . I dont want her using my account information anymore for this app!!!!! I need her to be prompted for a password and not be able to login !
Expert

Re: Someone is using my xfinity stream app

@Cconner1820 wrote:
If someone could assist me in the right direction that would be great ! I have seen a few posts regarding this problem and it seems the problem has been solved for most people by a comcast support agent . I gave my Xfinity login to a friend awhile back so she could use the Xfinity streaming app. I have changed my password several times and nothing is kicking her off the app. Also her phone is not showing up on manage devices . I dont want her using my account information anymore for this app!!!!! I need her to be prompted for a password and not be able to login !

since you don't see 'her device' in streaming devices what makes you think she is still using the account?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi Cconner1820,

I have removed all active web/mobile devices from your account.  You can log in to the Xfinity Stream app with your new password on the devices you'd like to use.  Hope you're enjoying your streaming experience!

Thanks,

Evan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Because I can see shows she is watching on recently watched and DVR shows have been watched that i haven't yet played . As well as she has told me numerous times she watches tv using my app , therefore has canceled alot of her channels in her cable . Easy way is too ask her to longer use it, but it would be a major conflict !
Frequent Visitor

Hi Evan unfortunately this did not work . I have read some people post that the app needs to be deprovisioned, using xray? I dont know if this is something that will help?
Expert

@Cconner1820 wrote:
Hi Evan unfortunately this did not work . I have read some people post that the app needs to be deprovisioned, using xray? I dont know if this is something that will help?

are you in a condo or apartment complex? it is possible that your line is missing an isolation filter. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

In order to look into this further, can you please private message the account number or phone number associated with your services?  To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I’m having the same problem, someone is using my xfinity stream app and it’s annoying. Please help me with removing them. I’ve changed my username and password twice in the past few months and that didn’t stop the problem
Expert

@Kstanley1 wrote:
I’m having the same problem, someone is using my xfinity stream app and it’s annoying. Please help me with removing them. I’ve changed my username and password twice in the past few months and that didn’t stop the problem

check the post just before your post for directions.

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

I posted this once before and someone from customer service did help me and whatever they did , worked . Although one device it didnt work on so I need it to be done another time . Thanks !!!
Expert

@Cconner1820 wrote:
I posted this once before and someone from customer service did help me and whatever they did , worked . Although one device it didnt work on so I need it to be done another time . Thanks !!!

Hi, I merged the two threads you had started on the same subject. a Comcast Official Employee left you a message above and needs information from you to complete your request.

Frequent Visitor

I did private message then I never got a respond
Expert

@Cconner1820 wrote:
I did private message then I never got a respond

many of the techs are on a changing 4 day workweek. give them a day or so Smiley Happy

New Poster

I don't know what to do if this is true

Expert

@lola1177 wrote:

I don't know what to do if this is true

you replied to a year old thread. what is going on?

New Poster

I am having this issue as well if a Comcast agent could please contact me to help assist with deprovision of users or devices or whatever it is that has resolved the issue for other customers, it would be greatly appreciated. I have also tried changing my password in the past and removing all other users. But the same user keeps finding a way back in and I am able to tell by 1) the recently watched shows 2) THEY DOWNLOAD shows that have to be returned before I download 3) WE have BATTLED to be the currently streaming device when we were low on streaming and both of us were trying to watch and kept kicking the other off and then getting kicked off for about 20 minutes.

They currently have a download which I have screenshotted and not kicked off this time, in hopes that it may help make it easier to identify and solve the issue

Thank you very much ,
Frustrated Streamer lol