Community Forum

Some Shows Through App In Home Only

New Poster

Some Shows Through App In Home Only

2 shows I watch (Aftermath and z nation) now have episodes (usually the current 2 or so) listed as in home only. Why? It was never like this on the old app. Now I can't watch during down time out of the house. What happened?
Expert

Re: Some Shows Through App In Home Only

shizam76 wrote:
2 shows I watch (Aftermath and z nation) now have episodes (usually the current 2 or so) listed as in home only. Why? It was never like this on the old app. Now I can't watch during down time out of the house. What happened?

When you see 'in home viewing only' flag, keep in mind that the owner of the production sets that limit and Comcast automatically enforces the restriction per contract. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I would understand that if ALL the shows were marked by the content provider. Why would only ONE be marked in home only while the rest is free and open?
Official Employee

shizam76 wrote:

I'm sorry for the confusion. Both of those shows are available out of home. When programmers send the files to Comcast, they are supposed to include "metadata" about what season and episode they are from. When they don't, the shows will appear at the bottom of the list of available episodes under "Additional Episodes".  The latest episode of Aftermath is currently there along with a couple episodes of Z Nation. 

Our data quality team is continually cleaning this type of thing up manually and working with programmers to improve their delivery process. Appreciate you pointing this out. I'll be sure to let that team know to adjust these.

-ComcastDan

New Poster

Thanks Dan! I figured there has to be something quirky wrong with it. Appreciate you taking care of this!