Community Forum

Skipping & Freezing Playback on all mobile devices

New Poster

Skipping & Freezing Playback on all mobile devices

I been to this forum every week for a couple months trying to find a answer to this issue. I’m having to stay with my son a few months so I been trying to watch my shows I have set to record weekly and they skip so much it cuts the recordings almost in half and or it freezes off and on the whole time.
The dvr shows at home work perfectly fine. This happens on my iPad, my iPhone 7+, my iPod Touch 6th gen, and Galaxy 8 phone. So it’s not just a issue to one device I am using. Again there are no issues with dvr playback in home. No problem with live tv but I’ve only used that option twice. It’s not just a certain time of day. It’s mostly in between the hours of 1:00 am to 5:00 am that I try watching them but I have tried watching them During the day. I ty to watch The View everyday at 10:00 am and it does the same thing. So someone’s theory about it being a certain time can’t be it.
This is a deal breaker for myself and my family. Especially with our situation right now and how much we pay for our services. We have to have this working.
Expert

Re: Skipping & Freezing Playback on all mobile devices

@Edmonds95 wrote:
I been to this forum every week for a couple months trying to find a answer to this issue. I’m having to stay with my son a few months so I been trying to watch my shows I have set to record weekly and they skip so much it cuts the recordings almost in half and or it freezes off and on the whole time.
The dvr shows at home work perfectly fine. This happens on my iPad, my iPhone 7+, my iPod Touch 6th gen, and Galaxy 8 phone. So it’s not just a issue to one device I am using. Again there are no issues with dvr playback in home. No problem with live tv but I’ve only used that option twice. It’s not just a certain time of day. It’s mostly in between the hours of 1:00 am to 5:00 am that I try watching them but I have tried watching them During the day. I ty to watch The View everyday at 10:00 am and it does the same thing. So someone’s theory about it being a certain time can’t be it.
This is a deal breaker for myself and my family. Especially with our situation right now and how much we pay for our services. We have to have this working.

it is a national problem but seems to affect the northeastern states area more often. Comcast has not given an estimated time of repair.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Any advice on what we all can do to get them to fix what we pay for? I pay almost $200 a month for all my Comcast services and they should have to keep them working. I mean if I don’t pay my bill they turn my stuff off. You would think that we could expect the same courtesy.
So beyond sick of Comcast.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Edmonds95, 

Sorry for the experience you're having. As stated by Rustyben, this is an issue that we are actively working to resolve. I can create a ticket for you for our Advanced Techs, but unfortunately, there is no troubleshooting that can be done on my end that will fix this for you. 

In order create a ticket for you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have start seeing this issue over the past few weeks.  Before that time, I had never seen this problem.  I am located in Fremont, CA.  Is there any update on a solution?

Official Employee

BobbyD278 wrote: I have start seeing this issue over the past few weeks.  Before that time, I had never seen this problem.  I am located in Fremont, CA.  Is there any update on a solution?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi when streaming content, or are you using your cell data when streaming? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm also having the exact same issue.  I'm losing 30-50% of all shows due to the skipping

Official Employee

auguy83 wrote: I'm also having the exact same issue.  I'm losing 30-50% of all shows due to the skipping

Have you tried viewing the content on another device? Do you have the skipping issue while watching Xfinity content only or do you have the same issue with all streaming content? 

New Poster

I too had never experienced it before the last few weeks and I am in Sonoma County, CA. So frustrating. We need this fixed please!

New Poster

Suddenly in the last two weeks all my recorded videos skipping frequently, usually when the punch line is due.  Works on TV but the computer and ipad and iphone all get the same skips at the same time.  An hour recording shows it only recorded thirty four minutes.  Is there any access to remove recordings from the cloud?  This is not sustainable because I watch most of my recordings from my devices.  Any help?

Expert

@cpsabel wrote:

Suddenly in the last two weeks all my recorded videos skipping frequently, usually when the punch line is due.  Works on TV but the computer and ipad and iphone all get the same skips at the same time.  An hour recording shows it only recorded thirty four minutes.  Is there any access to remove recordings from the cloud?  This is not sustainable because I watch most of my recordings from my devices.  Any help?

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

I did notice that today the couple shows I checked on did not have a skipping problem.  That's a big relief and I hope it sticks.

Thanks for the reply Rustyben

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Please HELP!
Official Employee

Hello all, there are some known issues that we are aware of and have repaired them. If you continue to have issues with your videos playback, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

New Poster

....I am experiencing the skipping and freezing on my Ipad when I stream live tv....Please fix this issue as it wasn't doing this 2 weeks ago but now it is

Official Employee

....I am experiencing the skipping and freezing on my Ipad when I stream live tv....Please fix this issue as it wasn't doing this 2 weeks ago but now it is

Byrhw, thanks for letting us know! Appreciate you posting on the forums! Is this only affecting your iPad? How many devices are connected to your network at once when you notice the latency? Are you able to stream other content like on Youtube without any issue? 

Ken

New Poster

@ComcastKenF  I’m so glad that someone from Comcast is finally on this issue! I have posted on this forum along with many other frustrated users — I am using an iPad Pro, not streaming any other devices on my home network, and the live stream tv buffers every 28-30 seconds. Makes watching regular programming and any type of sports, especially tennis, impossible.  TV Go works perfectly fine but unfortunately live sports like Tennis Channel are unavailable on tv Go.  Are you able to help please? Thank you!

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF  I’m so glad that someone from Comcast is finally on this issue! I have posted on this forum along with many other frustrated users — I am using an iPad Pro, not streaming any other devices on my home network, and the live stream tv buffers every 28-30 seconds. Makes watching regular programming and any type of sports, especially tennis, impossible.  TV Go works perfectly fine but unfortunately live sports like Tennis Channel are unavailable on tv Go.  Are you able to help please? Thank you!

Chiobabe, thanks for the response! I'm trying to assess whether this is only effecting iPad pros connected to the home network. Have you been able to replicate this issue on another device? If you have an iPhone, can you test on the app there as well? 

Ken

New Poster

@Chiobabe wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. But only on one of my three iPads which is the latest version. The older ones and my samsunghobe work fine. Just started doing this about 2 weeks ago. Something changed