Community Forum

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app?

Frequent Visitor

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app?

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app? is the signal coming to my display through the Xfinity streaming beta app on my new LG TV the exact same 4k signal coming through the comcast 4k set top box? not going through Roku, using the LG App. Looks like a clean signal but to my eyes doesn't seem to pop as much when compared to the set top box signal. 

Expert

Re: Signal Quality through xfinity stream app?

@carlislegeorge wrote:

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app? is the signal coming to my display through the Xfinity streaming beta app on my new LG TV the exact same 4k signal coming through the comcast 4k set top box? not going through Roku, using the LG App. Looks like a clean signal but to my eyes doesn't seem to pop as much when compared to the set top box signal. 

Hi, I moved your post to the stream app area of the forum.  Comcast is providing 720p quality for cable channels and some local channels may be in 1080i quality but delivered in mpeg2 video stream via fiber from the local station(s). your 4k TV may be upscaling to 4k using a zoom-like function. the set top box may be set to 720p (optimal) output and the TV is doing the actual upgrading. 

Do you have X1 Cable TV and internet service? is there a line on your cable tv bill that says "HD Technology fee" for $10 or $0 ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!