Community Forum

Shows scrambled

Regular Visitor

Shows scrambled

Why does the app not play my recording of my evening news? Both CBS and NBC are scrambled on play back. There is audio but picture is jacked. I also have times where recordings just wont play at all and others will, are these know issues?
Expert

Re: Shows scrambled

@Brian4372 wrote:
Why does the app not play my recording of my evening news? Both CBS and NBC are scrambled on play back. There is audio but picture is jacked. I also have times where recordings just wont play at all and others will, are these know issues?

on what device are you playing the recording? how is live playback of same channel? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

It is on a Samsung TV and live TV isn't an issue that I have noticed. It does freeze from time to time when I an going through the channel guide but I haven't had an issue with live TV that I recall
Expert

@Brian4372 wrote:
It is on a Samsung TV and live TV isn't an issue that I have noticed. It does freeze from time to time when I an going through the channel guide but I haven't had an issue with live TV that I recall

using a smart device (iOS or Android) or a desk/laptop, how is the playback?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Just checked, perfectly fine on an Android phone
Expert

@Brian4372 wrote:
Just checked, perfectly fine on an Android phone

I know it is a pain, but if you have already power unplugged the TV for a few minutes and that didn't fix it, please logout of the xfinity app and uninstall the app. reboot TV again, and then reinstall and activate. works now?

Regular Visitor

I uninstalled, unplugged for 24hrs, reinstalled and the problem still exist. I tried the live channels that the shows were recorded on and it was also scrambled at 10:42pm Steelers game and NBC nightly news with Lester Holt, movies I have in DVR wont play on TV but work fine in the app on my phone. This app has a lot of bugs that need fixing
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi Brian4372. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. I can definitely help out with the Smart TV app concern. It sounds like I may have to open a request for you to have this looked at on our end. It would be good to check the firmware version on your TV as well to make sure it's meeting the appropriate requirements. It's also important to manually sign out of the application before deleting and redownloading it. Please send me a private message with your name and model of TV so I can look into this for you and we'll submit the request, as needed.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

We found that in this case, a compatible device was not being used for this app. Anyone can visit this link here ~ https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs and by clicking on the link under: Does the Xfinity Stream app work on all streaming devices? Doing so will display a list of device models that are supported by our application.

Thank you for your time. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.