Community Forum

Shows Downloaded To Android App Won't Play

Frequent Visitor

Shows Downloaded To Android App Won't Play

Hello!

I'm using the android app on a Samsung Galaxy S5 over Verizon. About 1/2 of the programs I download won't play. I get a variety of error messages when I try to play them, such as "Playback Error 16000" and "You can still watch this On Demand," etc.

I discern no pattern of why some work and some don't. They all seem to download correctly.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Allen

Expert

Re: Shows Downloaded To Android App Won't Play

Allen-Cohn wrote:

Hello!

I'm using the android app on a Samsung Galaxy S5 over Verizon. About 1/2 of the programs I download won't play. I get a variety of error messages when I try to play them, such as "Playback Error 16000" and "You can still watch this On Demand," etc.

I discern no pattern of why some work and some don't. They all seem to download correctly.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Allen

can you return the file and try to play it back from the cloud as a stream and it works?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. I did some experiments this weekend (so that I wouldn't be disappointed on the subway ride today!). I downloaded 2 programs. Both then failed to play back. One gave the "You can still stream this program On Demand" message and the other gave the "Well that didn't go as planned" error message.

I returned both and then confirmed that I could stream them both.

I downloaded them both again. This time they failed to play. And then they mysteriously disappeared fromt he downloaded list, as though I never downloaded them.

Then I downloaded them a third time. This time one did play, but the other gave me the "You can still stream this program On Demand" error message.

So I don't see the pattern in why it works some time and not others.

Thoughts?

Allen

Expert

Allen-Cohn wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I did some experiments this weekend (so that I wouldn't be disappointed on the subway ride today!). I downloaded 2 programs. Both then failed to play back. One gave the "You can still stream this program On Demand" message and the other gave the "Well that didn't go as planned" error message.

I returned both and then confirmed that I could stream them both.

I downloaded them both again. This time they failed to play. And then they mysteriously disappeared fromt he downloaded list, as though I never downloaded them.

Then I downloaded them a third time. This time one did play, but the other gave me the "You can still stream this program On Demand" error message.

So I don't see the pattern in why it works some time and not others.

Thoughts?

Allen

your experiment testing results are interesting in that same program downloads gave different results. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee. The Official Employee will probably need to know any error codes you were given (screen captures are good for that process too). 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi Allen-Cohn, I can look further into this for you and help you find a resolution for this problem. To get started I will need to verify your account information, please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Official Employee

Allen-Cohn wrote: I received a call from Tier 3 support. Thank you very much.

I am glad this issue has been resolved for you through our tier 3 team, have a great day.