Community Forum

Setting up the Xfinity TV Remote App

Contributor

Setting up the Xfinity TV Remote App

The Q&A states:     Android:

View which TV box you’re controlling by pressing   Menu   on your Android device, then selecting  

Settings.   The TV box name you are controlling is the first option listed in the   Settings   menu. You’ll also see the TV box name in the  Tune  icon that appears when you attempt to change the channel or watch an Xfinity On Demand program.  

However, I have extra TV boxes as I have swapped some out and turned them back to Xfinity.  They don't exist anymore so I only have 3 boxes while my dropdown menu shows 6 and I need to scroll down... How do I delete TV boxes that are no long active?

Thanks

Screenshot_20190107-200940_TV Remote.jpg
Expert

Re: Setting up the Xfinity TV Remote App

@epurman wrote:

The Q&A states:     Android:

View which TV box you’re controlling by pressing   Menu   on your Android device, then selecting  

Settings.   The TV box name you are controlling is the first option listed in the   Settings   menu. You’ll also see the TV box name in the  Tune  icon that appears when you attempt to change the channel or watch an Xfinity On Demand program.  

However, I have extra TV boxes as I have swapped some out and turned them back to Xfinity.  They don't exist anymore so I only have 3 boxes while my dropdown menu shows 6 and I need to scroll down... How do I delete TV boxes that are no long active?

Thanks

before referring this to an official employee, i'd suggest you identify each device you actually have now (use the Xfinity My Account App). for each device you 'identify' that you still have in your home add a letter or number (for example: add 1(one) to living room as "livingRoom1" and Den to Den1. then check 'identify on each one a final time to be sure all the current items are identified like that. Then the employee can remove the devices without the 1(one) and then you can rename them removing the 1(one).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks for you help.  I did what you suggested, except I renamed everything to get rid of with the suffix 2.

What is the next step??

Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

@epurman wrote:

Thanks for you help.  I did what you suggested, except I renamed everything to get rid of with the suffix 2.

What is the next step??

Thanks

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @epurman

Thanks for posting to the Community Forum. I can help investigate this or create a ticket for the Advanced Tech's to assist me if necessary. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Hello Comcast Che:

Yes, please set up a ticket to get rid of my unused boxes on my TV Remote App.

My name is Doug Hart.

Thanks

New Poster

when you say android you mean cellphone right

Official Employee

Hello epurman. Thank you for creating this post on our Forum. I know it has been some time, I am just following up on your posted issue. Were you able to get those boxes removed from the app view? I am happy to assist further if needed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Yes I was; one small issue is that you cannot command the order of the TV's they are in alphabetical order.  Accordingly, I named my TV's simply by the order they can appear alphabetically.

Thanks

Official Employee

I would agree that would be a nice feature to add. I will pass along that feedback to our product team for you. I like your Alphabetical workaround!

Thanks for responding back! Have a great evening!

Contributor

Alternatively, you can put change the name and put a "Z" in front of those you wish to name last.