Community Forum

Service With Amazon Fire stick cut with no notice.

Highlighted
New Poster

Service With Amazon Fire stick cut with no notice.

Apparently I and thousands of others learned that their xfinity app on Amazon Firesticks now don’t work properly. As a user who has been an customer for over 15 years and spends hundreds of dollars every month, I can not understand how they just quit providing a service I pay for with no warning. I will soon be canceling all of my services unless this is resolved.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Service With Amazon Fire stick cut with no notice.

Error code 14001
Amazon Fire
Highlighted
Expert

@eawimbush wrote:
Error code 14001
Amazon Fire

firestick has never been an approved xfinity stream TV app device (unsupported).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @eawimbush, thank you for reaching out on the forum. Firestick is not supported at the moment (please refer to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements). If you are getting error 14001 on your other device(s) , please go to your device settings and update your iOS version to at least 12.0, or update your Android version to at least 5.0. Then download the latest version of the app in the App Store, the Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore accordingly.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

You've been using the app built for Android phones all this time.

I wish Xfinity would just provide an official app for FireStick. I have a new model Roku as well and it has the Xfinity app, but its wifi performance is nowhere near as good as my FireStick. My Roku drops signal completely all the time while the Fire locks on and pumps out conistent 4K like a champ.