Community Forum

Samsung xfinity beta app no longer allowing viewing of our sports team games - scrambled

Regular Visitor

Samsung xfinity beta app no longer allowing viewing of our sports team games - scrambled

We were successfully getting our local sports team live games through our Samsung TV xfinity app version 1.9.0.9 for 6 months since we began our subscription.  We can view the games on every other device but our Samsung TV app, and for the last month we have not been able to get them as they are now scrambled, (the VIDEO feed only, the audio can be heard.)

We receive every channel on the Samsung TV xfinity app EXCEPT the CSNPhilly channels that show the broadcast of live games, specifically channels 1250, 847, and 38, whi ch are the CSNPhilly channels that air the live games, and they are scrambled (the VIDEO only, not the audio) . The other CSNPhilly sports channels are fine, 1255, 846, and 8.

We called comcast and no one seems to know why, and are saying that it is Samsung's fault. 

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many, many times but to no avail. Those specific channels are still scrambled (VIDEO only, not audio).

In cast you are thinking that the Samsung TV is at fault, we are able to access the games live on the NBCSports Xfinity app, version 1.6.71.  

Expert

Re: Samsung xfinity beta app no longer allowing viewing of our sports team games - scrambled

@Hsmom3grls wrote:

We were successfully getting our local sports team live games through our Samsung TV xfinity app version 1.9.0.9 for 6 months since we began our subscription.  We can view the games on every other device but our Samsung TV app, and for the last month we have not been able to get them as they are now scrambled, (the VIDEO feed only, the audio can be heard.)

We receive every channel on the Samsung TV xfinity app EXCEPT the CSNPhilly channels that show the broadcast of live games, specifically channels 1250, 847, and 38, whi ch are the CSNPhilly channels that air the live games, and they are scrambled (the VIDEO only, not the audio) . The other CSNPhilly sports channels are fine, 1255, 846, and 8.

We called comcast and no one seems to know why, and are saying that it is Samsung's fault. 

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many, many times but to no avail. Those specific channels are still scrambled (VIDEO only, not audio).

In cast you are thinking that the Samsung TV is at fault, we are able to access the games live on the NBCSports Xfinity app, version 1.6.71.  

using a different device (roku, desk/laptop, apple or android phone/tablet) do the channels play properly?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Samsung xfinity beta app no longer allowing viewing of our sports team games - scrambled

Yes, it is only on our Samsung TV. A month ago we received every channel on our Samsung TV. Now, we get every channel except  the CSNPhillySports that air the live games. Those channels are scrambled. We get them on my computer and phone through the streaming app on those.

Expert

@Hsmom3grls wrote:

Yes, it is only on our Samsung TV. A month ago we received every channel on our Samsung TV. Now, we get every channel except  the CSNPhillySports that air the live games. Those channels are scrambled. We get them on my computer and phone through the streaming app on those.

Thanks for the information and testing. An official Comcast employee will usually respond within 3 days of the first post.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The CSNPhilly channels are unscrambled now on our Samsung xfinity app. Thank you.