Community Forum

Samsung - Xfinity Stream Beta - problem reaching configuration server

Frequent Visitor

Samsung - Xfinity Stream Beta - problem reaching configuration server

Both of my Samsung TV's, that were working perfectly before, are giving me the same error message.

And yes, my netflix and prime video work perfect on both TV's.

"We had a problem reaching the configuration server. Please check your network connection and retry"

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Samsung - Xfinity Steam Beta - problem reaching configuration server

@MGoble2019 wrote:

Both of my Samsung TV's, that were working perfectly before, are giving me the same error message.

And yes, my netflix and prime video work perfect on both TV's.

"We had a problem reaching the configuration server. Please check your network connection and retry"

Just have to ask; did you check your TV to be sure it is connected to your wifi SSID? You might have an ethernet connection, but you didn't say.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Samsung - Xfinity Stream Beta - problem reaching configuration server

Yes I was.  I was able to jump right on Netflix with no issue

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, let me be more specific. TV one is connected wirelessly to my main router. TV two is hardwired into a TPLink wifi range extender.  Both were working perfectly until a few days ago. Sometmes I am able to trick it by selecting one of the suggested programs, then backing up to see the live tv listings. So if I am able to do that, doesn't it seem like the main link to start the xfinity stream might be corrupt.  I'm thinking of resetting one of my tv's back to its factory setting and starting all over. Shouldn't have to do that though.

New Poster

We are having the same issue on our Samsung tv. Started about a week ago. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as our internet connection. All other streaming apps work with no issues.
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. Customer support said there is a known issue and that it would be fixed by today but it is not. It works normally on my phone and iPad.

I have tried a reset of the TV. Multiple delete/reinstall of the app. Neither of these things helped.

I Have my WiFi broadcasting separate bandwidths for 2.4 and 5ghz because my WiFi signal was not consistent in the past when it was set to automatically choose one. I thought the app issue might have been due to that because there were 2 instances where the app opened briefly when I switched from the 5ghz to 2.4 ghz WiFi, but then it stopped working again. I also changed it back to auto select the bandwidth and it still didn’t work.

I have spent hours on the phone with customer service along with trying to figure this out by myself-not sure why I put in more effort than Comcast when I’m not getting paid!

Hopefully Comcast can figure this out. It was working great until this past week or so.

Frequent Visitor

Need help with Samsung 7100TV & Xfinity Stream App Errors Samsung TV says "We Have a problem reaching the configuration server. Please check your internet connection & retry." It worked fine for 2 months then gave me this error. Removed and readded the device in Comcast system and it worked for the past 3 days until Thursday 9-19-19. Today back to error.

Nothing has changed on the TV or my part. I even bought XFI pods to connect it as a LAN device. This is stupid. How many thousands of Samsung TV customers in the USA are having this issue. Why can't it get fixed. It has been happenning to others for more than a year. Your system appears to be blocking itself.

I can connect just fine through my VPN provider but can't use the X1 DVR if I'm not on the Home Network. I need this fixed so I can properly access my DVR on the TV. By the way my phone & tablets work just fine on the home system with the exact same app.

I was told that your system is deleting Samsung TVs for some reason when I called in Monday evening to level 2 tech support 9-16-19. Please get back to me. I need some help. Also, your system is also blocking the Samsung TV app as well. It too works on my VPN but stopped working when your Xfinity app stopped working. Whomever is programming this app in your system has fubared it all!

New Poster

Just purchased two Samsung smart tv’s under the impression that the streaming app that works so well for Roku devices will do the same for my tv’s. No such luck! What is the fix for this issue?

Regular Visitor

Experiencing same problem - can someone from Xfinity post corrective action and keep the community informed, thanks
Frequent Visitor

I was just told that the engineers are working on an update that could be pushed within the next 24 to 48 hours. Wasn't exactly clear if it's an app update or an update to the router.
Official Employee

Hi MGoble,
There was a recent connectivity issue to some of the services required for the app launch and sign in process on our Smart TV platforms.  A fix was deployed this morning which should have cleared it up.  Can you please try again, and send me a direct message if you are still encountering issues?  Sorry for the inconvenience, and happy streaming!

Regards,

Evan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am still having an issue and getting the same message as has been stated in previous post
Expert

@Vialee wrote:
I am still having an issue and getting the same message as has been stated in previous post

did you remove the app and then unplug the device/TV for 30 seconds or more then reinstall the app?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Same issue here. Was working fine a few days ago and now “We had a problem reaching the configuration server.” All other apps on the TV work fine and network connectivity is not an issue. Uninstalling/reinstalling app did nothing. Same with power cycling the TV.

Looking forward to a fix.
New Poster

I have a Samsung Q9F from 2017 and just downloaded the app 2 days ago and it worked for one day and now I’m getting this configuration error. Tried reinstalling and did not work. Looking forward to an answer and a fix.
Frequent Visitor

Try these options.

First connect a different way, Connect through LAN if your using wifi. Which works for some.

2nd try connecting through a vpn which works for me. 

3rd, Uninstall App, Hold down power button TV will turn off and then back on in 5-10 sec. i.e. Powercycle Next Reinstall APP then Powercycle TV again or while it is on unplug it without turning it the tv off then wait 30 seconds then plug it back in. Reinstall app. and try again.

4th method change the DNS server on your TV. Set DNS to manual and change DNS to Google 8.8.8.8 on your tv. Then reinstall app and try again.

5th method Uninstall App, then call Comcast ask them to remove your tv as approved Device which will force you to re-add it as a new device in their system. (Refresh TVs in system). Then reinstall app and register it & your tv. 

Everyone one of these methods has shown results.

I used the 5th method and I connect through a wireless VPN which works. The Xfinity home network was too restrictive on tvs & may have DNS errors because Samsung TV app & Xfinty app both didn't work on the Home network but did through my VPN provider which means DNS errors or a restriction somewhere in Comcast's system. Complain often to Comcast or to your cable regulator in your local county. They can force Comcast to resolve issue or refund your money. Today I was notified that Comcast loosened their app restrictions on tvs so hopefully it will now work.

I hope this helps. 

Frequent Visitor

My Samsungs have now been working for two days now.  All the fixing came from the Comcast end and I did not have to uninstall or reinstall anything.  I hope everyone gets theirs working soon.

New Poster

Still not working for me. I shouldn’t need to hack the planet to get this to work.

Nick
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity, please fix...Im using samsung cellphone and tablet..Wont Stream On Others WiFi, but can use app while on my mobile service while away still using my samsung product. Streams just fine. Stream app also works at home on my wifi, while away from tv, using my samsung product. It doesnt work on others wifi while visiting. To go channels should work and use to work. So it appears it is a connection between To Go App on others wifi using samsung (at least for me)
New Poster

Just a heads up, I called the service line and while the first tier couldn’t do anything, I got connected to the second tier help and they were able to change stuff on the back end to get it working again.

Apparently Comcast made some changes to the account to upgrade internet speed for free and somehow the change to the account messed up the app recognizing the router.

All I know is that it’s fixed now.

Nick
Frequent Visitor

Nick, are you using samsung tablet or etc? Did they have to change just for you or is it for everyone? As of last night still not working, but streaming works great from home.
Frequent Visitor

A update. Still not fixed. My situation is only when away from home. My samsung products(others have mentioned samsung tvs) will not stream on the local wifi of others. I can stream using my data only. I can watch others like you tube, while on local wifi. So i believe nothing at my end, but a allowance issue. :/ since im able to browse watch other clips, etc..
Except stream on xfinity streaming app...weird as this may be...i have checked and everything should be updated too.
Expert

@Jodi0925 wrote:
A update. Still not fixed. My situation is only when away from home. My samsung products(others have mentioned samsung tvs) will not stream on the local wifi of others. I can stream using my data only. I can watch others like you tube, while on local wifi. So i believe nothing at my end, but a allowance issue. :/ since im able to browse watch other clips, etc..
Except stream on xfinity streaming app...weird as this may be...i have checked and everything should be updated too.

If i understand your issue, the stream beta on a TV (or a roku device) will not owrk when away (not connected to) your home internet (wired or wireless). A mobile device (phone/tablet) or a PC and streaming website are your only solutions.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I noticed i posted twice
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for trying to help...Im using samsung tablet and a samsung cell phone....when traveling to family (i have used my devices as my tv and have been using the stream app with no issues until maybe a month ago when i realized it was app and not the familys internet. This could have been going on sooner but i hadnt looked into it much. But app works fine when im on my cellular phone data. Just wont work on family's wifi...it also will stream when im home on our wifi (using tablet as my tv)
New Poster

Good morning,

After reading this thread from a month ago, I am now experiencing this error on 10/20/2019 and cannot get the app to load. Any further guidance would be much appreciated as it seems the fix clearly didn’t work too well. For almost $90 a month just to get 10 channels, this is extremely unacceptable.
New Poster

Same issue here - 2 hours on the phone with them, not resolved.
New Poster

I am now having the same issue with xfinity app. Problem reaching the configuration server. My network connection is fine. I am able to access every other app on my tv. This app reminds of when apps were first created and all the problems they had with them. This should not be that difficult of a chore to create an app that works and configures without issues. I have deleted and reinstalled the app only to see it do the same thing! HELP!!
New Poster

Problem reaching configuration server. I have no problem with my network connection. I am using WiFi and all other apps on my tv work. Do you have a known issue with xfinity beta app as of 10/20/2019?
New Poster

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the second tier of help desk support with no luck. Waiting on a call back from tier 3. I understand they need to double check that I’m competent, but after resetting the network multiple times and them knowing this is a known issue is extremely unacceptable.

We also have a samsung smart TV and all other apps that utilize WiFi work fine.

We live in Baltimore and Comcast is the only option for TV, so being asked if I’m interested in buying a new package or having a rev box delivered is not okay.
New Poster

Is this problem going on again, I have a message saying problem reaching the configuration server. I've deleted the app on tv reconnect wifi add app same message please help thank you
New Poster

Having problem, my samsung tv as well. Is there a fix? Any answers from comcast would be nice.
New Poster

No fix yet. It’s been an hour and I’m still waiting on a call back.
New Poster

Same issue here in Chicago, 10/20/19. Worked just fine last night, now same message as stated above.
New Poster

I'm near you in Campton Hills Illinois, same issue. 

Mine is working now. I reset my router and then reset my network settings.

New Poster

Same issue here in Chicago, 10/20/19. Worked just fine last night, now same message as stated above.

I did the chat on the Xfinity app, they added my TV again on there end.

Working now, I was informed they were working on the server on there end.

You will have to log on and re- enter the activation code once they add your TV

New Poster

Mine is back up after being down all morning. I didn't do anything but just wait until football is on to try it again.
New Poster

My app is working again as well. It appears Comcast disassociated my tv from my account and I had to re-associate tv to my account. Thanks but this is only a bandaid. Need to identify and correct the real issues with your app. I get that it is a “beta” app which means it is in the testing phase but hard for me to believe that it would be hard to develop an app in this day and age. So many app developing companies and Comcast can’t develop a more dependable product. Funny thing is one of my other tv’s is a Roku have not had the first problem. What is the difference?
New Poster

I am now having the same problem....
New Poster

My Samsung Smart TV did this exact same thing about mid September. It continued for 7-10 days and then the collective IT minds at Comcast/Xfi figured out a solution. As of today 11/5/2019 it has started again with the "We had a problem reaching the configuration server. Please check your network connection and retry" After countless hours with multiple "experts" at Comcast/Xfi I came to the conclusion they have a glitch when it comes to working with Samsung units. Don't mention it to them though, they get downright ugly about it. To qualify the issue for the techies- Samsung UN55MU6290 with version T-KTMAKUC-1270.3 running on wireless Xfinity Wifi throught the Xfinity Stream Beta app. All other streaming media on the TV works fine, all phone have internet, all computers are connected only the app is defunct. Everything has been reset multiple times,deleted and reinstalled multiple times, restarted TV, WiFi, Coffee Maker, Toaster etc. etc. and still nothing. Its the them, not you. 

New Poster

That's lovely to hear...ill.give it some time before I go through the hassle of calling Comcast. <<mad......but what am I gonna do???
New Poster

Roku's work fine...so its definitely an issue with the Samsung TV app....
New Poster

Lol...now Roku's dont work either....
New Poster

The app loads on Roku but when you go to live TV it just gets stuck when you try to load a channel...
Contributor

I just go the same message on my samsung NU8000 65inch smartTV.  I just discovered that there's an outage in my area.  So we'll see what happens when the service comes back.

Regular Visitor

Same message on my LG smart tv. So much for getting rid of the cables boxes to avoid the intermittent can't connect to the X1 system message. 

New Poster

Same issue on my LG as well. Pretty unacceptable. Tried almost everything on this thread, and nothing has worked.
Regular Visitor

Working now

New Poster

Checked TV server status and it was down now that it's back everything is OK....
Expert

moved thread to the stream app area of the forum.