Community Forum

STREAM BETA APP ON SAMSUNG 75 INCH TV IS NOT IN FULL SCREEN

Frequent Visitor

STREAM BETA APP ON SAMSUNG 75 INCH TV IS NOT IN FULL SCREEN

IS THERE AN OPTION TO SET THE XFINITY STREAM APP IN FULL SCREEN ON SMART TV? PLEASE HELP!

Expert

Re: STREAM BETA APP ON SAMSUNG 75 INCH TV IS NOT IN FULL SCREEN

@JavinLoves wrote:

IS THERE AN OPTION TO SET THE XFINITY STREAM APP IN FULL SCREEN ON SMART TV? PLEASE HELP!

did you recheck your channel number selected to be sure it is an actual HD channel?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem today trying to watch CBS. There’s only one option for CBS and I’m not sure if it’s HD.

While on the home screen of the Xfinity Stream app, everything goes full screen, but Live TV channels do not.
Frequent Visitor

I've tried all the HD channels available in the beta Stream app and none seem to go full screen on my Samsung Series 6 TV - UN43MU630DFXZA. HD streaming channels seem to present with a large black border around the entire picture. Non-HD channels seem to fully stretch from the top to the bottom of the screen, but they do not fully extend to the right and left sides of the tv.

I've combed through the beta Stream app's settings and can't seem to find any option that addresses HD channel video. Finally, my Apple TV and other Samsung apps do utilize the full screen, so this issue seems limited to the beta Stream app and Xfinity's HD channels.

Frequent Visitor

Correction to my post above, I filtered the channels to only show "HD Channels" and no channels are listed, no channels appear to be offered in HD. I think the beta of this app is limited to non-HD channels. I'll report back if I figure out more. 

Official Employee

Hello all and thank you for posting, 

@JavinLoves - Have you tried to view an HD channel? 

@Schwie - Do you have an HD Tech Fee charge on your account? You can check your billing statement to see if it's included with your package.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla

I pulled up my Comcast bill from this month and I do not have an HD Tech Fee charge on it. I'd be happy to send you a copy of the bill if you'd like to see it.

If its helpful to you, my bill also includes a couple charges related to tv; one called "TV: Basic Service" and another called "Broadcast TV Fee".

Official Employee

@Schwie - In order to view HD channels, you have to have an HD Technology Fee on your account. Unless you are subscribed for Xfinity Instant TV streaming service. I can check your account and see what is the charge for HD Tech Fee in your area. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Are Hd channels have only access to make it in full screen? Please answer. Thank you

Official Employee

@JavinLoves - It depends on the channel but most of the time - yes, almost all HD channels are in full screen. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla was spot on. I ended up adding the Stream service to my account with her help and now I can view HD channels full screen - woohoo! Thank you ComcastElla!
Official Employee

@Schwie, we are delighted to hear this and I will definitely be getting your feedback passed along to ComcastElla! Thank you and we appreciate you being a Comcast customer. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!