Community Forum

Roku

Regular Visitor

Roku

Does anybody know about the Xfinity stream app on Roku I don't have x1 box but I have the HD tech fee I get the HD channels but thers no on demand and the cloud DVR is not there can I get them without having x1 box
Official Employee

Re: Roku

Per

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app

Note: Some Xfinity Stream app features vary by subscription type. Xfinity Internet is required to stream in-home only live TV and Xfinity On Demand content.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

There is no on demand content
Regular Visitor

So apparently now the on demand works so do I have to have an x1 box to get DVR that's why I asked if any body knows about it I already read everything on the support page ain't no answers there I'm paying the HD fee wouldn't the DVR be included in that
Official Employee

Again from the link above

“Cloud-Based DVR service to use the DVR functionality”

Your present DVR isn’t cloud based

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

You need to have WiFi. When you set up Roku device you will connect to your WiFi. Then whatever is available will be accessed.