Community Forum

Roku won’t allow download of xfinity stream beta app

New Poster

Roku won’t allow download of xfinity stream beta app

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Roku won’t allow download of xfinity stream beta app

Does your roku meet the app requirements?

What Roku devices can I use the app with?
Initially, the XFINITY Stream Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4640), Premiere (4630), Premiere (4620), Express + (3710 and 3910), Express (3700, 3900), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick + (3810), Streaming Stick (3600 and 3800), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs/

Official Employee

Hello Joeh5. We'll need to know if your Roku device meets the XFINITY Stream App Minimum Requirements, as mentioned above. 

Please let us know if you need additional help with this. 

New Poster

I activated my roku put the code I. And its saying something went wrong g try back later
Expert

Keon3602 wrote:
I activated my roku put the code I. And its saying something went wrong g try back later

you did not give the error code. did you verify (if wifi) that the SSID is your home wifi SSID not the xfinity wifi? if so, would you run the Xfinity My Account app and select the Internet tab and touch the modem shown and verify the serial number matches your gateway/modem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Im passing on the steps it took me with a comcast rep. To get the xfinity stream beta app to work on roku.
1. Remove the channel on roku.
2. Restart the xfinity modem. The comcast rep. restarted mine remotely, but you may have luck just unplugging it for a minute.
3. Do a factory reset on your roku: go to settings, then system, then advanced system settings and finally factory reset.
4. Type in the four digit code to reset the roku box.
Then start over with the roku setup. You can use your existing roku account. Then reinstall the xfinity stream beta channel. Follow the activation steps including the code and it should work. If it still doesn't activate you may need comcast to remotely reboot your modem. Good luck.
New Poster

Thank you....I will try