Community Forum

Roku streaming charge

Frequent Visitor

Roku streaming charge

I am an xfinity customer with hd digital cable box and xfinity modem for WiFi. I live in an area that Comcast “does not” provide on demand service thru their cable box, which is a free service included to all customers in the monthly billing. I used to catch up on previous programming via hardwired connecting my laptop to my tv. I now use the Roku xfinity app to access on demand. When the app leaves beta how can Comcast charge customers monthly for using the Roku steaming app service they should provide/support thru my cable box that I’m already paying for!
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Roku streaming charge

@drobinson321 wrote:
I am an xfinity customer with hd digital cable box and xfinity modem for WiFi. I live in an area that Comcast “does not” provide on demand service thru their cable box, which is a free service included to all customers in the monthly billing. I used to catch up on previous programming via hardwired connecting my laptop to my tv. I now use the Roku xfinity app to access on demand. When the app leaves beta how can Comcast charge customers monthly for using the Roku steaming app service they should provide/support thru my cable box that I’m already paying for!

no pricing has been announced, but a DTA in most areas is 5-7 so it might be along that rate. Comcast has to pay for programming based on devices connected to televisions. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excuse me? This is not an acceptable answer. They do not charge for hardwired or wireless tablets, Blu-ray players and laptops/computer streaming online on demand. Comcast just wants extra money to use their on demand app, which is a service I already pay for yet do not receive thru their cable service. Comcast needs to find a way to waive said fees to their unfortunate customers who have had to find alternate methods of streaming to our in home televisions for viewing enjoyment. Obviously this concern needs to be escalated to a company employee who can do a little research into the situation.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hi drobinson321, 

I'd like to review your account further. To my understanding, every customer in the Comcast footprint gets on demand for free. If you are not receiving it, I'd like to investigate why. As for your concerns with Roku, we do not and have not charged customers for using their Roku devices. If there are any changes to that decision, it will be listed here

If you would like me to look more into your OnDemand issue, can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!