Community Forum

Roku error getChannelMap.504

New Poster

Roku error getChannelMap.504

I have a TCL Roku S515 TV. I have installed the Xfinity Stream Beta app and signed in. When I go to Live TV or Browse, I get “Error getChannelMap.504”. Saved does show my recordings successfully, and I can watch saved recordings.

I have logged out of the xfinity app, reinstalled the app in Roku, rebooted my tv, and rebooted my router. I still get the same 504 error. LiveTV and Browse continually give this error.

How do you fix this error on Roku TVs?
Official Employee

Re: Roku error getChannelMap.504

There’s currently a known issue affecting the guide on both Roku/Stream app and X1 boxes, it is being worked on. Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have Roku 3600X stick and just yesterday, started having this same issue with error message "getchannelmap.504" but not had that message previously.  I have logged out, uninstalled, logged in again and nothing helps.  When will this be fixed? Thanks.

Expert

@piggy2144 wrote:

I have Roku 3600X stick and just yesterday, started having this same issue with error message "getchannelmap.504" but not had that message previously.  I have logged out, uninstalled, logged in again and nothing helps.  When will this be fixed? Thanks.

the device is saying it can't communicate with your gateway router. are you behind a VPN or trying to use a proxy? (won't work). you have to be at home connected to your home gateway/modem. if at home and on home wifi, reset the Roku to factory settings, remove from the TV and all connections for 3 plus minutes and reinstall the Roku and set up wifi and add the xfinity channel back. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Has this known issue been resolved yet, or is there a timeline for when it will be?
Expert

@Matt8609 wrote:
Has this known issue been resolved yet, or is there a timeline for when it will be?

the 504 means the app is not successfully communicating with the Comcast server. are you at home using your own home wifi that is connected to your own account? VPN? proxy? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @piggy2144

Are you still receiving the Roku error getChannelMap.504 error code? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

No, the error message went away over the weekend. I am good now.

New Poster

I'm at my home using my home WiFi, but the error message went away over the weekend sometime.

Official Employee

Glad to hear that! Thank you for letting us know, piggy2144. Matt8609 ~ When you get a chance, please let us know if you're still experiencing this issue or not. Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

I just got new service and am receiving this message now. I am at home, and connected to my wifi
New Poster

I too am having this issue on teh Xfinity Beta app using my Roku Ultra at home on a WiFi network.  

Comcast needs to invest resources to fix this issue.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as suggested...  Please Help.  Thank you.

Expert

@LRidgway wrote:

I too am having this issue on teh Xfinity Beta app using my Roku Ultra at home on a WiFi network.  

Comcast needs to invest resources to fix this issue.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as suggested...  Please Help.  Thank you.

are you using a comcast rented router? self owned router? changed DNS to soemthing besides Comcast? using a vpn?

New Poster

Has this been resolved yet? I'm having the same issue.
New Poster

February 11, 2019 - 

I just installed my new Roku device and the Xfinity Stream beta application and the error getChannelMap.504 continue to show (as well as other errors when selecting "Browse").

New Poster

Having the same problem today. Was working fine for the last couple of months and now today error code 504.
New Poster

I have called Xfinity customer service. They said Call Roku.

I called Roku. They said call Xfinity customer service.

Seriously, we're going to do this?

Expert

@joegruber2107 wrote:

I have called Xfinity customer service. They said Call Roku.

I called Roku. They said call Xfinity customer service.

Seriously, we're going to do this?

can you check your router for your primary DNS server address? (resolver) . using a VPN to connect remotely to your home?

Official Employee

Hello everyone! This is still part of a known issue. The app is a beta app and is a work in progress. We appreciate your guys' patience with it, making us aware of what you're experiencing, and keeping us posted on any resolution received. For those of you still experiencing this issue, please send me a private message with your name and I will open a request for you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you much!