Community Forum

Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

Frequent Visitor

Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

Got a new modem from Comcast today and installeded. All of my Roku boxes stopped working with Error: createDrmSession.403-102

 

Internet, TV, phone app, all working. Serial of my modem matches the one shown in app.  Only the Roku boxes are broken. 

 

Spent three hours on phone with support, nothing got fixed.

Expert

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102


@jonsmirl wrote:

Got a new modem from Comcast today and installeded. All of my Roku boxes stopped working with Error: createDrmSession.403-102

 

Internet, TV, phone app, all working. Serial of my modem matches the one shown in app.  Only the Roku boxes are broken. 

 

Spent three hours on phone with support, nothing got fixed.


on the Roku home menu select settings and network and forget old network. then find your new network and join with the current key. working now?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

I went into system settings and did "reset network".

Then put in wifi credentials again, same problem.

The box has Ethernet which also does not work.

 

Roku can get Hulu/Netflix without problem.

Expert

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102


@jonsmirl wrote:

I went into system settings and did "reset network".

Then put in wifi credentials again, same problem.

The box has Ethernet which also does not work.

 

Roku can get Hulu/Netflix without problem.


sounds like a database issue. a Comcast official employee will probably reply within 72 hours.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

To be clear, Hulu and Netflix both work fine on Roku using either wired or wireless connection.  It is only the Xfinity app that will not work. I tried logging out and reauthorizing, but all I get is createDrmSession.403-102 inside the Comcast app. Searching in the forum shows this error has happened to many other users but none of the replies states how to fix it. 

 

I have send PMs to two Comcast employees but have not received a reply yet.

Expert

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102


@jonsmirl wrote:

To be clear, Hulu and Netflix both work fine on Roku using either wired or wireless connection.  It is only the Xfinity app that will not work. I tried logging out and reauthorizing, but all I get is createDrmSession.403-102 inside the Comcast app. Searching in the forum shows this error has happened to many other users but none of the replies states how to fix it. 

 

I have send PMs to two Comcast employees but have not received a reply yet.


did the employees request you PM them? 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

I have not been directly contacted, I sent PM to two of the Comcast reps that previously replied to threads on this topic.

 

We're on our second day now with no TV on our Rokus, but we still have a single Comcast DVR. This is annoying with large snow storm coming and the kids will be stuck at home.

 

I don't want to call tech support again, three hours last time and they did nothing but tell me to keep rebooting everything. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

Now on day four without a solution from Comcast.

 

Meanwhile I signed up for the free trial of DirectTV NOW. We had to do something, major snow storm and everyone is stuck inside the house.

Official Employee

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

Hi, jonsmirl! Thank you for posting. Please note that the Forum environment is different from any other social or chat platform. The main idea of this forum is communication between the customers. Our community team doesn't provide 24/7 support and we don't guarantee an immediate reply. Also, the Roku app is still in Beta status. 

 

You have sent messages to me and Jessie. Jessie is our community manager and she doesn't assist with technical issues. I'm off on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. I will review your account and reply back in PM. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku and createDrmSession.403-102

If you encounter this problem it has to be fixed by a Comcast employee. 

 

In my case this error was caused by getting a new modem and during the installation process the modem serial number in an internal Comcast database did not get updated to reflect the new modem. It had to be manually fixed by an employee.