Community Forum

Roku and Xfinity stream with new modem

Frequent Visitor

Roku and Xfinity stream with new modem

I recently switched to Gig speed internet and quickly replaced the Technicolor modem, however that is what shows up as my modem when I go to the My Devices page of My Account, even though I have a Netgear Nighthawk CM1100. I already activated that modem the day I bought it and internet works fine. It just doesn't show up in my axcount, which I know is the reason the xfinity stream app doesn't work. I am getting that same 403-based error because the MAC address of my Nigjthawk isn't listed on my account. How do I manually remove the Technicolor modem and add the Nighthawk to my account?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Roku and Xfinity stream with new modem

@computerninja wrote:
I recently switched to Gig speed internet and quickly replaced the Technicolor modem, however that is what shows up as my modem when I go to the My Devices page of My Account, even though I have a Netgear Nighthawk CM1100. I already activated that modem the day I bought it and internet works fine. It just doesn't show up in my axcount, which I know is the reason the xfinity stream app doesn't work. I am getting that same 403-based error because the MAC address of my Nigjthawk isn't listed on my account. How do I manually remove the Technicolor modem and add the Nighthawk to my account?

You can't change what's listed in "my devices", you have to call comcast support and notify them of the switch of modems to get it changed.

Frequent Visitor

I actually just went through the activation process on my own, and this time, it picked up my CM1100. Now it works just fine.

Official Employee

Thank you for posting, @computerninja! I replied to your private message, could you please check your inbox? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@computerninja - I'm glad to hear that all issues are resolved. Please feel free to reach me or my team at any time. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!