Community Forum

Roku and Xfinity stream - live tv not working?

New Poster

Roku and Xfinity stream - live tv not working?

I am BRAND NEW to the Xfinity Beta - just set it up today. Had no problem setting up the app in Roku. Looks like it works properly - allows me to search, see favorites, etc. I can click on "Live TV" and see the proper stations and schedules. I chose a channel, then a show to watch live....clicked "watch"...

And the app closed and I was back to my Roku Home screen. 

This happened repeatedly - I tried different channels, different shows. Each time, once I click watch, the app closes.

Any suggestions? 

Expert

Re: Roku and Xfinity stream - live tv not working?

@jlbren2 wrote:

I am BRAND NEW to the Xfinity Beta - just set it up today. Had no problem setting up the app in Roku. Looks like it works properly - allows me to search, see favorites, etc. I can click on "Live TV" and see the proper stations and schedules. I chose a channel, then a show to watch live....clicked "watch"...

And the app closed and I was back to my Roku Home screen. 

This happened repeatedly - I tried different channels, different shows. Each time, once I click watch, the app closes.

Any suggestions? 

this happens sometimes when the databases are not fully updated. to test use an apple/andorid device and the xfinity stream TV app. does it work properly? On mine, I changed to a new contract and a couple of days later got into that reboot cycle. Fix for me was to start from the Roku home menu, highlight the xfinity channel and press the * (star) button on the roku remote and remove the channel. I then used the main home Roku screen to reboot/restart (system menu) the Roku device. when it came up I searched for Xfinity and reinstalled the Xfinity stream beta app and then used the app, authenticated again, and then it worked fine with no more 'crashes'.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have been using the Beta Roku app since August with no issues. However today and yesterday evening I have had lots of issues. I select the channel and it takes forever to load and then it begins to play for 2 seconds and then it stops, and returns to loading the program. The next time it usually keeps playing, but I just had it stop twice and think about it and just now I think it is finally playing for good. I don't know if this relates to your issue, but this is very annoying. I used to be up and watching my favorite shows in seconds, now it can take a couple of minutes. I guess it's definitely still Beta! 

Expert

@Phaxda wrote:

I have been using the Beta Roku app since August with no issues. However today and yesterday evening I have had lots of issues. I select the channel and it takes forever to load and then it begins to play for 2 seconds and then it stops, and returns to loading the program. The next time it usually keeps playing, but I just had it stop twice and think about it and just now I think it is finally playing for good. I don't know if this relates to your issue, but this is very annoying. I used to be up and watching my favorite shows in seconds, now it can take a couple of minutes. I guess it's definitely still Beta! 

I had the same problem when I changed contracts (2 days later). from main roku menu highlight the xfinity beta channel and press the * (star) button on the remote and remove the channel. then on the home menu, 'system' run the restart/reboot menu. when it finishes rebooting, search for Xfinity and reinstall the channel and then authenticate. should be working fine then.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you!! So I turned it back on today, and it's working perfectly. I DID, however, print out your instructions. I have a feeling I might need them at some point. 

I generally understand how Betas go, but wasn't finding many complaints yesterday (SEVERAL from March, and early on in the process I'm guessing). I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

New Poster

I checked it out today, and it's working really well. I made no changes (but I did keep the notes of the other poster, just in case!), so perhaps yours will be back to working smoothly again. 

Thanks for your help!

New Poster

This did not work for me--in fact, it got worse! Now I click the station and then the watch button and it just boots me back into the main menu.
Expert

@Phaxda wrote:
This did not work for me--in fact, it got worse! Now I click the station and then the watch button and it just boots me back into the main menu.

run the stream app in your roku. select the gear (setting) scroll down to signout and signout. then log back in accept terms and conditions. working now?