Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Roku access

New Poster

Roku access

on some of my roku apps (watch ESPN, Disney NOW, etc...),  I enter the activation code and it kicks me back to my xfinity page and it reads "you're automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch"  However the page just keeps resetting, instead of turning the programming on my television.  

How do I solve???   Please advise.

Expert

Re: Roku access

mnoble60741 wrote:

on some of my roku apps (watch ESPN, Disney NOW, etc...),  I enter the activation code and it kicks me back to my xfinity page and it reads "you're automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch"  However the page just keeps resetting, instead of turning the programming on my television.  

How do I solve???   Please advise.

i just installed it on my Roku to test. selected live, it asked and I answered Comcast/Xfinity. it gave me a url i put in the safari browser on my home wireless and input the code and a moment later the TV said that this is not included in your Xfinity subscription. So since I have it on iphone and ipad and android tablets the contract must be for devices that don't include a TV via HDMI.

New Poster

I should have included..... my subscription has not changed in years, I had access to these apps for weeks on weeks. The only annoying thing was if I didnt watch a app/channel on the Roku app that was from Xfinity for a week, I would have to get code from app and re-login. Now the log-in page gives me the message, acts like it is working, then the pages restarts to the same message...over and over and over again. 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem on Apple TV. The Xfinity authentication process is hosed. I called support and got nowhere but at least they are aware of the problem and said they would elevate the issue and call me back within 24 hours. 

Expert

mrterrycook wrote:

I am having the same problem on Apple TV. The Xfinity authentication process is hosed. I called support and got nowhere but at least they are aware of the problem and said they would elevate the issue and call me back within 24 hours. 

you posted in the stream tv app area. The stream TV app is not allowed to work on Apple TV's.

Frequent Visitor

I am well aware that the Stream app was designed to be useless for Apple TV. I posted where I did because that was in response to the original post describing the activation problem for “channel” apps on Apple TV and other streaming devices. My problem was resolved by clearing website history/data from my browser.

Official Employee

Hi mnoble60741, I can help investigate this issue further. I'd like to do some troubleshooting on my end to see if we can get this resolved. Please verify the following in a private message: 

The first and last name of the primary account holder

The full account number or phone number associated with your services

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

Was this answered? I am experiencing same issue. Clearing browser history did not work for me, still getting that “ automaticity signed on” loop