Community Forum

Roku Xfinity Streaming Beta Error

Regular Visitor

Roku Xfinity Streaming Beta Error

I currenly have 2 Roku Streaming stick that are throwing up an error stating "have to be connected to Xfinity Wifi" and states "error createdrmsession.403-102". I am using Xfinity Wifi, tried resetting modeum, unplugging the Roku Stick, trying to reregister and so far nothing has worked. This has been going on for 3 days and no change.

Expert

Re: Roku Xfinity Streaming Beta Error

@Lilman52 wrote:

I currenly have 2 Roku Streaming stick that are throwing up an error stating "have to be connected to Xfinity Wifi" and states "error createdrmsession.403-102". I am using Xfinity Wifi, tried resetting modeum, unplugging the Roku Stick, trying to reregister and so far nothing has worked. This has been going on for 3 days and no change.

have you changed out a gateway/modem? did you verify that your 'listed' equipment for modem has a serial number listed that matches the numbers on your current modem in use?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

No was working fine for 5 months then out of the blue it started having this issue. Nothing changed on my end.
Expert

@Lilman52 wrote:
No was working fine for 5 months then out of the blue it started having this issue. Nothing changed on my end.

first easy try to fix is to unplug the Roku from the TV and any power supply for 30 seconds or so then plug back in. If not working then, uninstall the Xfinity beta channel and reinstall it and log in. working now?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

That worked with unplugging and reinstalling the app. Any ideas on why that happened out of the blue? Was there an update that was done with either Comcast or Roku that I didn't notice.

Thank you for the help!!

Expert

@Lilman52 wrote:

That worked with unplugging and reinstalling the app. Any ideas on why that happened out of the blue? Was there an update that was done with either Comcast or Roku that I didn't notice.

Thank you for the help!!

no one has told anyone the reason. it could be the storage is corrupted or something similar. glad your service is working now.

Expert

closing this thread. go to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-Error-createDrmSession-403-102/td-p/3035206/page/3 for assistance with this problem