Community Forum

Roku Xfinity Error createDrmSession.-1

Regular Visitor

Roku Xfinity Error createDrmSession.-1

I have a Roku Streaming Stick + that suddenly is giving me an error message.  I open the Xfinity Stream beta app and click on the ‘Get Started” button which then creates a 6 digit code.  I go to Xfinity.com/authorize and enter the code.  The screen changes and after about 5 seconds, I get an error message that states “Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.”  

I have a triple play package (TV, Internet, and Phone) from Comcast.  What’s funny is that another Roku streaming stick works fine with the Xfinity app.  Both devices are on the same home network.  I am using a customer owned modem.  

I have restarted the modem, restarted the Roku stick, deleted the app, reinstalled the app and nothing is working.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Expert

Re: Roku Xfinity Error createDrmSession.-1

@mbarbash wrote:

I have a Roku Streaming Stick + that suddenly is giving me an error message.  I open the Xfinity Stream beta app and click on the ‘Get Started” button which then creates a 6 digit code.  I go to Xfinity.com/authorize and enter the code.  The screen changes and after about 5 seconds, I get an error message that states “Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.”  

I have a triple play package (TV, Internet, and Phone) from Comcast.  What’s funny is that another Roku streaming stick works fine with the Xfinity app.  Both devices are on the same home network.  I am using a customer owned modem.  

I have restarted the modem, restarted the Roku stick, deleted the app, reinstalled the app and nothing is working.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

use the Xfinity MyAccount app and select the internet tab. select your modem. compare the 'serial number' shown to the HFC MAC address on your modem/gateway's sticker.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Roku Xfinity Error createDrmSession.-1

I checked and the serial # in the Xfinity App is the same as the HFC MAC Address on the modem.

Official Employee

Re: Roku Xfinity Stream Beta app Error createDrmSession.-1

Hey mbarbash! Thanks for taking the time to post here about your errors on the stream app on your Roku. Appreciate you! 

The DRM-# error occurs when video playback fails, and is likely related to device connection to the home network. Error createDrmSession.403-102 occurs when users attempt to activate a Roku device that has previously been attached to a different Xfinity account.

I see you sent me a private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Roku Xfinity Stream Beta app Error createDrmSession.-1

I believe this DRM error is a subscription/entitlement error--I've reached out to tech ops for more troubleshooting steps!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.