Community Forum

Roku TCL TV error message - createDRMSession 403-102

Expert

Re: Roku Streaming app Status? Error createDrmSession.403-102

scroll back up to @ComcastElla's post on 6/4/2018 and follow the directions there to get your problem cleared up.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Just hooked up
My Roku trying to use Xfinity Stream beta app, but continually get this error message.
Expert

@TJBradford8 wrote:
Just hooked up
My Roku trying to use Xfinity Stream beta app, but continually get this error message.

scroll back up to @ComcastElla's post on 6/4/2018 and follow the directions there to get your problem cleared up.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Hello all,

If you experience issues with 403.102 error message, please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number, CM/HFC Mac address of your modem. Also, please note, the app is still in Beta status. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

New Poster

Still receiving the message
Expert

@greggdorman wrote:
Still receiving the message

did you send a private message to @ComcastElla as she says in the post just before your post? (be sure to signin to make the PM option appear- signin is at the upper right part of the web page)

New Poster

The app was working great until I switched from an arris 6190 to an 8200
New Poster

I am also having issues with streaming to my tablet now as it says I need to be connected to my Wi-Fi network yet I am it just doesn't recognize it
New Poster

Common problems posted all over your message boards the same issues all I had to do is Google the issue and post after post shows up on your Xfinity forums regarding the error message with the Roku stick and the streaming issue regarding it recognizing being on that Wi-Fi network
Expert

@greggdorman wrote:
Common problems posted all over your message boards the same issues all I had to do is Google the issue and post after post shows up on your Xfinity forums regarding the error message with the Roku stick and the streaming issue regarding it recognizing being on that Wi-Fi network

changing a modem (or Comcast all in one gateway) requires an entry change in your account record. When the Roku is connected to a modem that is not currently in your account record, other 'channels' in Roku will work but the Xfinity 'channel' will not as you do not appear to be at home connected to the modem on the record. go to this LINK and compare the modem serial number shown with the numbers on your current modem. if they do not match, then call 800-Comcast and select billing, ask the agent to update your modem information. fixed?

Regular Visitor

My problem with The Xfinity Streaming App and my Roku was resolved. It turned out that when The Xfinity agent who input the CMAC number put in the wrong number. Comcast Ella was able to fix it by sending me another modem for me to use temporarily until the TECH department could remove the wrong numbers and reinput the correct numbers.

New Poster

It looks like my issue was resolved as well however I'm wondering if it was just a computer reset type of thing or if it took a little time I was up all night with the issue with both my Roku and just the fact that the Xfinity app wouldn't register half the channels saying that I had to be log on to my Wi-Fi Channel I was but it wasn't picking it up yet the new modem I put in who's registered on the Xfinity app and everything was done correctly I had internet service and everything was good it was frustrating I went to bed I woke up in the morning and everything was okay I'm wondering if the time that it took while I was sleeping had to Comcast system kind of reset itself or had to go through
Frequent Visitor

Just started having this problem after modem replacement

Expert

@brucetibs wrote:

Just started having this problem after modem replacement

go to https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/#devices and compare the serial number in the listed modem to the numbers on your actual modem. are they the same?

Frequent Visitor

Yes

Frequent Visitor

Yes. The Netgear CM1000 was properly listed. The tech agent said she was getting an unidentified MAC address error on her side. I also tried a SB8200 which produced the same problem. After many hours, factory resets, app resets, and provisioning resets failed I had the agent reactivate my old Netgear CM400 and everything popped right up. The problem with that is that she said it doesn't support my 400 Mb service and may be unreliable which is why I got the Netgear CM1000 in the first place

Regular Visitor

Re: Roku TCL TV error message - createDRMSession 403-102

I am now experiencing the same issues, roku app (completely down), my iphone, ipad and macbook will not let me view  local channels on my home network.  I've tried resetting, uninstalling, unplugging, and now matter what I do, even with the modem/router plugged in, on and I have internet access, it does not show up online in my account. 

New Poster

I ended up resetting everything and then within 24 hours the thing seemed to resolve itself my Roku wasn't working and my Comcast streaming for example New England Sports Network or comcast New England sorry wasn't letting me stream through the app on my Roku yet before I changed my modem it was working fine however I went to bed that night woke up in the morning after I reset everything and nothing seem to resolve itself I wonder if it's just a time thing on Comcast end in terms of having things reset and get into their system it's a big inconvenience but on my end it's solved I did make sure I went through the correct protocol when everything in terms of install
Regular Visitor

thank you for the reply, I've been on the phone with comcast for the last few hours, and it's going pretty much no where.  They don't even see my modem online even though I can browse the internet, stream out of home channels, etc.  They added in the CMAC this morning, but still no resolve.

Frequent Visitor

When I was having an issue, like you...everything worked just fine (cable tv, internet, tablet, etc) except the Roku stream. It was the modem. It was not being recognized in my Comcast account. I reset the modem by unplugging it for a few minutes. Some modems have a reset button you can hit. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks!  I finally have somewhat of an answer.  After pretty much telling the tech rep over and over again that the wrong Mac ID was on my account, he reluctantly decided to reprovision the modem.  Stream TV is working on both my Roku premier and Roku TV, phone stream apps, etc. 

Now I have 2 modems listed on my account, which hopefully the system removes or someone from comcast PM's me to get the second one off.  My "cable modem" with the correct CMAC address shows online, the "telphony"Modem with the wrong mac address shows offline.

Looks like adding the CMAC, reprovisioning, resetting on Comcast's end did the trick.  Painful process, but if this thread wasn't there, honestly the phone tech rep wouldn't have listened or even known what to do.

thank you for the replies

Expert

@jason3062 wrote:

I am now experiencing the same issues, roku app (completely down), my iphone, ipad and macbook will not let me view  local channels on my home network.  I've tried resetting, uninstalling, unplugging, and now matter what I do, even with the modem/router plugged in, on and I have internet access, it does not show up online in my account. 

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep account background refresh. it can take up to an hour to complete.

New Poster

A few days ago my ROKU with XFinity stopped working and the same code came up. Have had xfinity people here to check out internet and wiring. Only Xfinity is showing a problem. Any help people?
New Poster

Still getting problems with not being able to connect to the XFINITY APP
Expert

@Danme2 wrote:
Still getting problems with not being able to connect to the XFINITY APP

have you tried uninstalling the stream app channel and checking the SSID that the roku is using? are you at home using your home wifi (SSID) not the guest wifi SSID?

New Poster

In order to you the Xfinity Stream can I not use my Arris Gateway? Because it isn't shown in the xfinity my account app as my modem? Or do I have to use the one rented by Xfinity to use that stream service?  All my other streaming services work Netflix, Hulu, ect...... Please help!!!!

Frequent Visitor

You should be able to use it. Try resetting it if it has a reset button or unplug it for a few minutes then power ir back up. Comcast isn't recognizing it in their system. Give them a call if resetting it doesn't work.

Expert

@jackson121 wrote:

In order to you the Xfinity Stream can I not use my Arris Gateway? Because it isn't shown in the xfinity my account app as my modem? Or do I have to use the one rented by Xfinity to use that stream service?  All my other streaming services work Netflix, Hulu, ect...... Please help!!!!

have the modem available or take a phone picture of the label on the bottom of your modem and call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to update your modem 'serial number'. any time between immediately and 24 hours the change will go into effect fixing your problem.

New Poster

I’m still having issue with this error!!
Expert

@Pb1997 wrote:
I’m still having issue with this error!!

please look at the post just above your post. fixed?

New Poster

How do I private message

Official Employee

Hi, lalaz03 - I received your message and will reply back asap. 

New Poster

I am still receiving error createdrmsession.403-102 on roku TV when trying to watch my Xfinity stream beta app
Regular Visitor

I have this same issue.  I have tried resetting everything.  Deleting the app and reinstalling it.  Nothing seems to work.  Everything on my account appears to be correct.  Please help.

Expert

@Jharris09 wrote:

I have this same issue.  I have tried resetting everything.  Deleting the app and reinstalling it.  Nothing seems to work.  Everything on my account appears to be correct.  Please help.

scroll back to the 06/11/2018 post by @ComcastElla and follow the directions (be sure to sign in so you can private message).

New Poster

Still getting same error. It is hooked up with wired lan on roku
Expert

@Kbankmi wrote:
Still getting same error. It is hooked up with wired lan on roku

scroll back to the 06/11/2018 post by @ComcastElla and follow the directions (be sure to sign in so you can private message).

New Poster

I am still receiving this issue for 2 nights now. Please fix 

New Poster

Im having this problem. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

Your modem isn't being recognized in the Comcast system. Either reboot your modem or contact Comcast.

Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am having his same issue and I can’t PM you. Can you please help!?!

thank you,

TD