Community Forum

Roku TCL TV error message - createDRMSession 403-102

New Poster

Roku TCL TV error message - createDRMSession 403-102

Was using the xfinity stream app on a Roku tv, but it suddenly stopped working 2 days ago.  Error message is createDrmSession 403-102.

Expert

Re: Roku TCL TV error message - createDRMSession 403-102

@saqdaddy wrote:

Was using the xfinity stream app on a Roku tv, but it suddenly stopped working 2 days ago.  Error message is createDrmSession 403-102 

is your roku still connected to the home wifi? Do you have set top boxes in the home or is this the instant TV beta service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Have had for 4 days error message createDrmSession.403-102 on my Roku app for beta stream xfinity. Just stopped working Wednesday night. Contacted Comcast and after 50 min still no answer and said they were putting in an open ticket for next higher group to work on. Wifi works fine in house, wifi works fine on all other apps on roku and cable box works fine. Effecting all 3 of my Roku's and only xfinity app doing it.  

New Poster

I have a Roku 3 and started having issues at the very exact same time. The app was working fine and we love it. The app is authorized but errors that it needs to be on home wifi. I've been working with support team for a few days now I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.
Expert

I was able to duplicate the code two ways. First I connected my Roku to the xfinitywifi connection. The second way was to connect to my cell phone's wifi hotspot. The problem fixed itself when I connected my roku to the home wifi ssid. your modem must be the one listed in the Xfinity My Account app, internet tab, and shown when you touch the modem on your account. VPNs will not work.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

I am seeing this issue on both of my Roku's

New Poster

It makes no sense about making sure your modem is the same as your acount... It wasn't like I changed anything. It was working and then stopped, the modem and the set up were never touched. Comcast and Roku both are aware of the problem- now we sit and wait to see how long before the app works- almost a week has gone by and nothing so far...

Expert

@Mlizmi wrote:

It makes no sense about making sure your modem is the same as your acount... It wasn't like I changed anything. It was working and then stopped, the modem and the set up were never touched. Comcast and Roku both are aware of the problem- now we sit and wait to see how long before the app works- almost a week has gone by and nothing so far...

apparently a 'national problem' exists that affects some customers. they are working on it.

Contributor

This problem exists with all xfinty software that depends on home network. On iPad etc as well as my account app.

Regular Visitor

Roku Streaming app Status? Error createDrmSession.403-102

Any progress by Xfinity on this problem?   Have had 2 spare bedrooms using this app a year now (via ethernet LAN connections.)  They worked OK   'til recently.   Sometimes restarting the modem & router eliminates the error and gets things back to normal.  For the past year I used my own Arris SB6141.  Yesterday I bought a new Netgear CM500V (it shows up correctly as My Device under my account info.)   This morning the Xfinity Roku Streaming app worked great in both bedrooms but again in the last few minutes I'm getting the   Error createDrmSession.403-102  in both bedrooms.   P.S. other devices in this home network are Router: TP-Link AC750,  Switch: Linksys SE2800.  In addition, one of these bedrooms is connected via a bridged router.  P.S. the Roku devices are an Roku Ultra and a TCL RokuTV.  All firmware's up to date.    Other apps such as Amazon Prime work fine.

Expert

Re: Roku Streaming app Status? Error createDrmSession.403-102

@Jmcreynolds wrote:

Any progress by Xfinity on this problem?   Have had 2 spare bedrooms using this app a year now (via ethernet LAN connections.)  They worked OK   'til recently.   Sometimes restarting the modem & router eliminates the error and gets things back to normal.  For the past year I used my own Arris SB6141.  Yesterday I bought a new Netgear CM500V (it shows up correctly as My Device under my account info.)   This morning the Xfinity Roku Streaming app worked great in both bedrooms but again in the last few minutes I'm getting the   Error createDrmSession.403-102  in both bedrooms.   P.S. other devices in this home network are Router: TP-Link AC750,  Switch: Linksys SE2800.  In addition, one of these bedrooms is connected via a bridged router.  P.S. the Roku devices are an Roku Ultra and a TCL RokuTV.  All firmware's up to date.    Other apps such as Amazon Prime work fine.

The national problem was stated to be fixed 2 nights ago but appears to be still affecting some customers. 

Official Employee

Hello All. Our video engineering team had identified a database issue that caused this issue. This has since been resolved. Please reply if you are still receiving the DRM Session 403-102 errors.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

The XfinityStream Roku app works now.  Thanks much.

Official Employee

Thanks for responding @Jmcreynolds..

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Hello, I am still receiving the Drm Session 403-102 error.  It was working fine for a couple of months.  It did take a while to initially set up, but once it was working it was fine.  Although, I didn't use it daily, only sometimes in my office.  All of a sudden, it was asking me to set it up again and I've been receiving the same message ever since.  I've reset my modem.  Yes, my modem and network matches my xfinity profile, and yes the roku tv is on my home network.  Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

Hello @azureshine. Have you tried to sign out and remove your Roku (unlug) and reconnect, sign in, and retest? 

New Poster

Hi, I'm having this error. I've restarted the Roku, which did not help. I then unplugged it for a minute and reset it and it still didn't help.

New Poster

I am getting the same error since a few days. Any updates or step to fix it?
Regular Visitor

On March 20 I uninstalled the Xfinity Streaming app, then reinstalled it and then it worked. I didn't just power cycle the Roku  devices (one Roku tv and one Ultra.)

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

I was able to duplicate the code two ways. First I connected my Roku to the xfinitywifi connection. The second way was to connect to my cell phone's wifi hotspot. The problem fixed itself when I connected my roku to the home wifi ssid. your modem must be the one listed in the Xfinity My Account app, internet tab, and shown when you touch the modem on your account. VPNs will not work.

Rustyben, this was my exact issue.  I had recently swapped modems and the one registered in the Xfinity MyAccount page was not actually correct, even though WiFi and Internet were working just fine and the Roku was working fine other than the Xfinity Roku App.  Resolving the model issue (provisioned modem) issue fixed the DRM problem.   Thank you!

New Poster

Hi, we have a Roku Ultra that we just got two days ago on the same time as a new Cable modem (leased). It gets this 403-102 error.

We tried the following:

Factory Reset Roku

Re-login Comast Streaming App

Reset Modem

Confirm Modem MAC matches with Comcast's records.

Hardwire Roku to back of Modem (it has 4 port switch)

Try Roku -> Wiress to home wifi that Modem provides.

Talk to Comcast support for 2-3 hours.

Wait a day, then 2 to see if time fixed things (no)

We have a 2nd Roku (Roku 2) that was previous logged into Comcast streaming App, that continued to work and even when we purposely log it out and back in even though it was working, it still worked.

New Poster

CreateDrmSession.403-102
Just got this error last night. Not sure where to start.
Expert

@LuckylisaH wrote:
CreateDrmSession.403-102
Just got this error last night. Not sure where to start.

it is a national problem but seems to affect the northeastern states area more often. Comcast has not given an estimated time of repair.

New Poster

My roku is having this issue, the last 2 letters at the end of the serial number on my modem is different than the last 2 letters of the serial number on my xfinity account. It keeps telling me to log on to my in- house xfinity account. Technical support told me they couldn't change the last 2 letters on my account to be identical to the correct letters that's displayed on my actual modem.
I really believe that may be part of the problem.
Frequent Visitor

Just tried to set this up on a new TCL tv with built in Roku. Roku is up to date and works fine with every app except this one . Very frustrating. Geting the same error message as everyone else.

New Poster

I bought the TCL Roku TV as well, planning on using the xfinity stream instant TV app, but was disappointed it did not work. Errors out saying I am not on my home network, but I am. Two calls with tech support and they would only say it wasnt supported. Hard to believe the latest TV is unsupported, especially if the app is available to install. Does anyone have this working with TCL Roku TV?

Frequent Visitor

TCL sells a lot of TVs with the Roku built in. I have tried to set up the Xfinity stream on my TCL for several days now with the same error message every time. Every other app on my Roku works just fine. I'm not going the customer service route with Comcast because I've read their responses on here and none apply to this situation. My Roku is up to date with the updates. I'm wondering if the latest versions of Roku clash with Xfinity's app? I was about to buy an Insignia tv with Roku built in...but if the Xfinity app doesn't work....then I may wait. I'm sure Xfinity is trying to get the bugs out. 

New Poster

Hey my Roku device is giving me the 403-102 error, please help
New Poster

So, I setup an S-series TCL Roku TV (43S305) with an xfinity-provided modem/router, and the xfinity Stream app works as expected. 

However, on my C-Series TCL Roku TV (65C807) with an xfinity-approved (but different modem/router), the xfinity Stream app gives the error, like everyone else. So, it's either an issue with the C-Series TV (which is just sleaker than the S-Series) or with the non-xfinity provided modem/router. I would lean towards the latter, but would hope an xfinity-approved one would be sufficient. 

For those that also cannot get it working, do you have xfinity-provided modem/router or did you get your own?

Frequent Visitor

I've got a NETGEAR - Nighthawk AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router that's about a year old and a Motorola SB1641Surfboard 3.0 modem which should handle anything I throw at them...except this Infinity app on the TCL tv apparently.

New Poster

I am having this issue as well. Just moved. Had different Xfinity account at previous address. Xfinity was installed at new address a few days ago. When I go to try app after new install at new address it no longer works. I have reset Roku and removed/added Chanel. Nothing helps. How can I fix it?
New Poster

I just got a TCL tv with roku. I am receiving the above error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

I fixed my issue with my TCL by resetting my modem. My modem was working fine, but apparently you have to reset it if there is a reset button it or unplug it for a few minutes if there is no reset button. When I pulled up my Comcast account, I noticed that on the "devices" page, my modem wasn't recognized. The modem has to be reset in order to receive updates. 

Give that a try.

I bought a new Insignia (Best Buy house brand) Roku tv last week, and the Comcast app works on it now also since I reset the modem.

New Poster

I am still having this issue. Please advise how to resolve.
New Poster

Roku device stopped working this evening and I now get the DrmSession 403-102 error.  What options do I have to resolve this?

New Poster

I am currently having this issue with the xfinity stream app on my Rokus as well
New Poster

I have the same issue was working fine same issue on all Roku device I uninstalled app,downloaded again, same message!!! I made sure my tcl roku, and roku devices are up to date. I have no other issue with any others apps only xfinity. This is not the first time this has happened. It took a while to fix issue, I need this fixed ASAP. What is the fix for it
Frequent Visitor

So far, I've found that the resetting your modem works. There is probably nothing wrong with your Roku tv or Roku system. It's all in the modem from my limited experience.

Regular Visitor

Still having this issue.  Spoke to a rep for 2 hours last Wednesda and was told that a tier3 rep was going to call me in 24-48 hours.  NOTHING AND NO CALLS FROM ANYONE.

Frequent Visitor

I fixed mine by rebooting / unplugging the modem, then plugging it back in. For whatever reason, my modem wasn't being recognized by the system.

Official Employee

Hello all,

@gpaparo - I can help with the error 403-102. Please send me a private message and include your full name, phone or account number, CM/HFC MAC address of your modem.  Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

@mudpuddle - You are correct. This is an Out-of-Home error message and it usually caused by incorrect modem info in our system. I can check your account if you send me a private message with the information I requested above. 

New Poster

Having the error code : createDRMSession 403-102 how can I fix this?? I have tried resetting the roku and my systems and it continues to happen??
Official Employee

Hi, DanS6399 - Please send me your full name, phone or an account number, CM MAC address of your modem in a private message. I will check your account. Thank you!

New Poster

I'm getting this error now on my new roku tv.

Frequent Visitor

Try resetting your modem if it has a reset button or unplug the modem for a few minutes and plug it back up to see if that does it.It worked for me.

New Poster

same here: error createdrmsession.403-102 happens on all 4 rokus. Little help Comcast/Roku??????

New Poster

Resetting modem did not work for me.

New Poster

I purchased my Roku stick about 2 weeks ago. I downloaded the Xfinity beta app right away. It worked fine until a couple of days ago. I am connected to my Xfinity wifi in my home but yet continue to get this frustrating error!
I tried it on my Roku TV that has an X1 box attached and the same thing is happening!

Please how do I get connected and stay connected with the Roku stick or anything with this app? Nothing changed, it just stopped working!
Regular Visitor

The Xfinity streaming app stopped working on my Roku Express this morning. I am also getting the DRM; Error code 403-201.

Regular Visitor

ROKU does not work.  Had everyone at Xfinity look/work on my account and still same error.  All MAC adress/ESN numbers everything on my account correct.  No slution  Had all of the top tier tech support for hours working on it.  No one can figure out.

@BigMac51 wrote:

The Xfinity streaming app stopped working on my Roku Express this morning. I am also getting the DRM; Error code 403-201.