Community Forum

Roku Stream app - intermittent recording issues

Frequent Visitor

Roku Stream app - intermittent recording issues

I'm unable to view about a third of my recordings.  When I click on "Watch",  the black overlay indicating that I've already watched this recording is displayed with the option to delete.  I haven't watched the recording and indicating that I don't want to delete it brings me back to where I can click on "Watch".  This just repeats over and over - I'm unable to watch the recording.  Can someone assist with this?

Expert

Re: Roku Stream app - intermittent recording issues

@GalleryGirl wrote:

I'm unable to view about a third of my recordings.  When I click on "Watch",  the black overlay indicating that I've already watched this recording is displayed with the option to delete.  I haven't watched the recording and indicating that I don't want to delete it brings me back to where I can click on "Watch".  This just repeats over and over - I'm unable to watch the recording.  Can someone assist with this?

that means the recording has errors in the cloud DVR and will not play. don't delete and then you can watch on actual set top box(es) at home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've already deleted the last recording with an issue, but will try your suggestion on the next one.  I have one DVR box in the basement, but I typically prefer to watch upstairs on the TV with the Roku Streamstick+.  It's disturbing how often my recordings have an error.

Thanks for your help!

Expert

@GalleryGirl wrote:

I've already deleted the last recording with an issue, but will try your suggestion on the next one.  I have one DVR box in the basement, but I typically prefer to watch upstairs on the TV with the Roku Streamstick+.  It's disturbing how often my recordings have an error.

Thanks for your help!

the most recently deleted recordings may be in the 'recycle bin' on your home DVR. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The problem occurred again last night.  I was watching a show while it was being recorded and was  running about 10 mins behind.  When the recording finished, the black pane was displayed asking if I wanted to delete the program.  Even though I declined to delete it, I couldn't watch the last 10 mins because the black pane appeared every time I tried.  I could access it on my downstairs DVR, but this is really inconvenient.

Highlighted
New Poster

Is there an answer to this anywhere? This looks like a problem in the app.

Two things are missing

1. There does not appear to be a way to delete a recording without playing through to the end. Only then will a popup appear asking if I want to delete the recording.

2. Regardless of how I answer the question(yes or no) the popup continues to appear until I completely shut down the app and restart it.