Community Forum

Roku Stream App and Bridge Mode

Regular Visitor

Roku Stream App and Bridge Mode

The stream app Doesnt work when My gateway is in BridgeMode it gives me the out of home error message please help

Expert

Re: Roku Stream App and Bridge Mode

@Madelinep wrote:

The stream app Doesnt work when My gateway is in BridgeMode it gives me the out of home error message please help

try using it when not in bridge mode, does it work? being in bridge mode should have no bearing on being in home at all as your local IP and routing is still supplied by the modem. Have you customized your router settings (saving a set of DNS addresses instead of using DHCP and having the DHCP supplied addresses be issued to your DHCP connected devices? check the router's internet settings to be sure it is using DHCP for its own connection, and your device is using a DHCP supplied gateway/mask/DNS addresses, etc.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Similar problem here. Comcast sent me a new xfi gateway yesterday, and asked that I switch it for the old one. I installed the new gateway and put it in bridge mode to accomodate my Google mesh wifi network. This is the same setup I had on the old gateway. Everything works great, except for the xfinity stream app on my Roku TV, which doesn't recognize the Google mesh wifi as xfinity, even though it emanates from the xfinity modem. "This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WiFi," is the error message I receive. I have verified that the new gateway's serial number and model number have updated in my xfinity account profile. I have verified that my Roku TV is connected to my Google mesh wifi. I have verified the DHCP.

Should I assume that the problem is bridge mode--i.e., that the wifi signal is not coming from the xfinity gateway? This seems like a silly restriction, if so. As long as xfinity is my ISP, it shouldn't matter which wireless router I use.

Expert

@SVB1970 wrote:

Similar problem here. Comcast sent me a new xfi gateway yesterday, and asked that I switch it for the old one. I installed the new gateway and put it in bridge mode to accomodate my Google mesh wifi network. This is the same setup I had on the old gateway. Everything works great, except for the xfinity stream app on my Roku TV, which doesn't recognize the Google mesh wifi as xfinity, even though it emanates from the xfinity modem. "This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WiFi," is the error message I receive. I have verified that the new gateway's serial number and model number have updated in my xfinity account profile. I have verified that my Roku TV is connected to my Google mesh wifi. I have verified the DHCP.

Should I assume that the problem is bridge mode--i.e., that the wifi signal is not coming from the xfinity gateway? This seems like a silly restriction, if so. As long as xfinity is my ISP, it shouldn't matter which wireless router I use.

is it working now? run the smart device xfinity my Account app and select the internet 'tab'. touch the modem listed and verify the serial number matches the numbers on your current modem. if they don't call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to update your modem 'serial number'.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you, it is working now, although I didn't do any of the things you recommended.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Roku app continues to say I am not on my home network and I am.

Any idea how to fix it?

Highlighted
Expert

@Dascsh wrote:

I am having the same issue. Roku app continues to say I am not on my home network and I am.

Any idea how to fix it?

run the smart device xfinity my Account app and select the internet 'tab'. touch the modem listed and verify the serial number matches the numbers on your current modem. if they don't call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to update your modem 'serial number'.

New Poster

@SVB1970 I'm having the exact same issue. Do you remember how you fixed it?
New Poster

Got mine working. I want to concur that the suggestions here did not lead to any success. Sometimes I feel people help here with a quantity over quality effort. It feels like that tech support guy that wants you to power cycle your modem after you did it 10 times.

Anyway, after reading the above posts, and seeing that the user referenced was able to get his working without any of the suggestions from the community “expert”, I started thinking that maybe another reboot may be needed with a full delayed power cycle for my Orbi router. That did it. Hope it’s as simple as that for you too. Power down the modem. Power down the router/any switches you might have connected. Power up the modem, wait 30 seconds, power router, 30 seconds, switches, etc.

Good luck!!!