Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Frequent Visitor

Lost internet connection for a few minutes, after everything got rebooted all the Roku's that I use for Xfinity stream beta came back with
Error createDrmSession.403-102.

Spent more than an hour with Tech support (Tier 3) with no positive results. Now is day 2 without Xfinity stream.
Researched all posts related to this error, tried everything ....I could use some help..
Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Spent about 2 hours on chat with different levels of internet and software  support...

It came down to this:

Just got information from our network engineers. I have verified that they are currently performing network maintenance for stream app including Roku beta application and Roku devices. We are making improvements to the server that will enhance your online experience.

Frequent Visitor

I was told something similar.   On Day 3 myself.   Was using it fine on Fri night and then Sat morning came and tried to watch the local news and got that error message.   

After spending 1 1/2 hours on phone they sent somebody out yesterday and they didn't seem to know much more than the others, other thant to provide me with information that this was a national problem and was being tracked by internal ticket SI-032321409.   No estimated time to resolution.

Seems to come down to that Xfinity is not recognizing my local network for some reason even though it is off a Xfinity provisioned router/modem.

Was basically told once its fixed it will come back on and to reach out to customer service for a credit.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Comcast

Problem solved....how? I don't know. Definitely a software problem..

New Poster

Same thing here. Last night I had an internet outage for several hours. Then this morning both ROKU TVs and PC read connect to in-home Wifi. Spend an hour with tech on the phone who on my PC it allows few channels to be accessed but not all. Then spent another hour or two with twitter support who didn't understand that my whole TV is ROKU. Two different brand ROKU TVs and two PCs running Win 10 do not allow access to app. So now I have to contemplate having someone come out and wire the house for cable. That's just so wrong as I'm sure I'll get a fee for the wiring.

Official Employee

Hello all,

@julian03102 - I received your private messages, thank you for sending your account information. Based on your last public comment, the issue is resolved, correct? 

@JohnnyColorado - Thank you for sharing ticket information. Do you have an issue with the Stream app on Roku only or with all devices (smartphone, tablet, PC)? 

@debbid - Your issue may be related to the national one but let me double check. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla on all my devices.   I have Roku and iOS (Ipad and Iphone).     Working fine through Firday night.   Then since Saturday no access.  Getting that 403-102 error on my Roku and a message saying I’m not connected to my home network (when I actually am) on my iOS devices.

Official Employee

@JohnnyColorado - Let me see if my troubleshooting steps help, could you please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla sent private message.   Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla You Rock!   Thank you for your help.   I’ve worked with 4 other support reps, one came to my house and you got it done tonigth!   Don’t know what you did but you have the magic touch.

Show this to your boss:   COMCAST ELLA DESERVES A RAISE!

Official Employee

@JohnnyColorado - Thank you for your kind words! I hope you won't get any issues anymore but just in case - I will follow up in a week. Have a wonderful night!

Contributor

Johnny, do you know what they did to solve the problem?  I am having the same issue.  Comcast says it's a known issue, they are working on it.

New Poster

I am getting this on my Roku too now. Was this resolved for you

Frequent Visitor

@philipj wrote:

Johnny, do you know what they did to solve the problem?  I am having the same issue.  Comcast says it's a known issue, they are working on it.

My issue is resolved.   I private messaged Comcast Ella and she was able to fix what no one the phone or who came out to my house was able to fix.   I'd reccomend you do the same.

I believe she reprovisioned my modem.   I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on my Roku and iPad and both worked.   I'm not certain but I believe this error might cover a few issues and that's why there is a little confusion on how to solve.

Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

@dcbeerman wrote:

I am getting this on my Roku too now. Was this resolved for you

Yes.   See above.   I'd reccomend sending a private message to Comcast Ella to see if she can help your situation.   She seems to understand what to do to resolve.

Contributor

Thanks for that info Johnny.  I did private message comcastella but have not heard back.  I am wondering if anything was affected by the new gateway that comcast recently installed in my home.  I did a factory reset on the roku and started all over again but that did not seem to be a fix.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Apologies for the delayed reply. As JohnyColorado mentioned, I did re-provisioned the modem and it helped. In some cases, we have to completely remove modem's information from the system and re-add it back. 

@dcbeerman - I can check your account, just please send me a private message with your full name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

@JohnnyColorado @philipj - I'm happy I was able to assist you, thank you for your patience!