Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Expert

Re: I cannot get xfinity stream running on my new Roku stick.

@cilly99 wrote:

OK pretty frustrated since the Comcast service guy suggested this to me.  I have done just about everything that has been suggested in these threads

I rebooted the stick

I deleted the app and readded it

I reboot my wireless router

This should not be this difficult.   I am connected to my 5G wireless connection and all other apps work with no problems.   Why is this so difficult

5G is a cell designation. you will need to use wifi connected to your own home xfinity internet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

My apologies meant to say 5Ghz wireless band 

New Poster

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Just swapped out my modem and getting this roku error so posting here just so I have the ability to PM a tech.
Regular Visitor

To add to this I am receiving error on the sceen "createDmSession.403-102"

Expert

@cilly99 wrote:

To add to this I am receiving error on the sceen "createDmSession.403-102"

quoting from @ComcastElla

Hi, fredcatsmommy - Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, CM/HFC mac address of your modem. I will check what caused a 403-102 error. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

and I moved your post to this thread about the 403-102 error.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

ComcastElla came through! Just needed to reset the modem and try setting up the streaming app on Roku again. Thank you!!
New Poster

The Xfinity Stream App Beta doesn't work on my Roku

I have WIRED Roku devices specifically to not use-up valuable wifi bandwidth.  So does that mean I can't use the service/app?  That should be the optimal way to use it!

New Poster

I had the same issue and the problem was that I recently changed my modem and activated using the activate url but had not called it in to xfinity; therefore the modem was not properly activate where it recognized the modem combination router as a device active in my xfiinity account or network.  Therefore to solve, just call your xfinity customer service and give your S/N for the modem/router device and they should be able to confirm that it is active device in your network and it should resolve the issue.  NOTE: You can test if that is the issue by just going into the Xfinity account app in your telephone and click on "internet" (which will show connected) to verify device and it will take you to another page to showing device (ex. Cable Modem ) and if it shows "not connected" that is your problem.  When is fixed, you will see the device connected.  Also if you can not restart the modem via the xfinity phone app, that is an indication that xfinity does not recognize your device as part of your xfinity network or account.

Good luck!

New Poster

I hope you were successful. I’m in the same boat.
New Poster

Xfinity Stream App Beta Not Working

When I attempt to get this app working on my Roku its says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go anytime you like - Error createDrmSession.403-102"
The problem is that I am on the home network!
Can someone please help!

- Chao
New Poster

All I had to do was log out and re-authorize the Roku device and it now works fine again. Hope that works for you too!
Official Employee

Hi @Ryanbwing

If you follow the steps provided by @Karen40 to see if this resolves your issue? If it doesn't there may need to be some back-end provisioning on the backend of your account. If this is the case, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can investigate further? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App Beta Not Working

@Rustyben here is my issue
Expert

@tatooine_sun wrote:
When I attempt to get this app working on my Roku its says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go anytime you like - Error createDrmSession.403-102"
The problem is that I am on the home network!
Can someone please help!

- Chao

I moved your post to this mega-thread. scroll up and PM ComcastElla (be sure to log in so you can see the PM option).

New Poster

I am having this issue, was it ever resolved or is there a fix to this that I can do? This is so stupid I can't believe you guys promote yourselves as the best and your app never works :/ 

New Poster

Having the same issue all of a sudden now. Nothing new, signed out and back in numerous times.
New Poster

Also have this issue tonight. 11/14/2018.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. It was working fine today. I decided to switch to another app on my Roku, and when I decided to go back to the Xfinity Stream app, I get the "Error createDrmSession.403-102" message.
Regular Visitor

<Edited. Private Info>. How quickly can this problem be fixed?

New Poster

Yep, just starting seeing this issue last night. 11/13/108. Also, my small digital receiver stopped working too suddenly. Tech support can't fix so they have someone coming out tomorrow.

X1 and Internet work just fine.

New Poster

Hello Comcastella! I am having trouble finding the option to private message you but am also experiencing this issue. Please help!

Regular Visitor

I just started receiving this message today as well, I logged out and reauthorized, but still hitting the error. 

New Poster

I'm sorry this is probably stupid but how do I post a new thread.  I am having the exact same issue with both my Roku TV and my Roku Streaming Stick.  Rebooted router, stick, logged out of app and nothing.

New Poster

So my app just started working again.  Maybe an outage they fixed?

New Poster

I've never used the forum before and am totally embarrassed to say that I couldn't find the Send a Message button when I clicked on your name.  It says I am a visitor although I am logged in to my Xfinity account.  After months of using Roku USB stick to get Xfinity Streaming TV, it suddenly decided not to work.  Reinitiated the USB stick, but did not change back.  I've verified I'm on my home network.  Also, I have no changed modems or routers.  

Any help would be appreciated . . .even if it's just to tell me what I"m doing wrong in trying to send a PM!  

Thank you!  

Official Employee

Hello All, 

We apologize for the issues you are having while trying to stream. I can help troubleshoot your accounts on the backend to see if I'm able to help resolve this. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hello,
I am having the same issue all of a sudden. Is there an outage? In uninstalled and reauthorized and confirmed I am on my home network.

Thanks for any help!
Official Employee

This has not been confirmed as an outage yet @Nsheladia1. If you can follow the steps I provided above, I can review your account to see if I can help get it resolved. 

Frequent Visitor

Check under devices, See if your modems s.s.# is there. if not go to comcast service center. When I returned my modem the tech entered the wrong code for the return. This messed up my beta app only! Calling is a waste of time. Took 20 min. for two techs to firgue what was wrong! Hope this helps!

Official Employee

No Need to call in or go to a service center, we can assist with this issue over the forums as well.