Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Expert

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

@bash972 wrote:

did message, no reply guess sol...

due to work schedules and 'load' replies from Official Employees can take up to 72 hours. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, @bash972 - I received your message and will reply back in a second. Due to health issues, I had short work days this week. Our workflow is different from Facebook/Twitter agents and Chat Support. We cannot guarantee an immediate response and as @Rustyben mentioned it can take up to 72 hours. Thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Glad i found this thread i just upgraded to the orbi Mesh and swapped out the leased modem for the netgear orbi CBR40 modem. I used the orbi app to do the swap and all worked fine i was up and running in mere minutes. How ever it was a couple of weeks ago and the new modem does not show up on my device list in fact no modem does. Therefore i am getting the dreaded (Error createDrmSession.403-102) on my ruku that i use out on the patio.  

I will pm the the the info to the appropiate folks here on the forum hopefully they can help me rosolve this issue as well. As phone support was no help before i found this forum.

Official Employee

@Rhymes - I got your private message, thank you for providing the account information. I replied back, please check your inbox. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issues.  On hold with tech support now.  Will PM Ella as soon as I finish this post

Regular Visitor

@kb9szf wrote:

I am experiencing the same issues.  On hold with tech support now.  Will PM Ella as soon as I finish this post

phone support makes you jump thtu hoops and normally cant solve the issue even when you tell them what the problem is. I think for this issue you found the right place to solve it here.

Official Employee

@kb9szf - Feel free to send me a private message at any time. 

Regular Visitor

@kb9szf wrote:

Ella, I am attempting to PM you, but when I click your comcastella name, it takes me to a page and I do not see a "Send Message" button.

Can you PM me, please?

I'm getting constant bs from phone support that this is a national outage, that my roku premier+ is not supported, etc.  The xfinity stream app has worked on my same television, same roku device which is hard wired to my modem, in my physical residence.  I'm not believing anything from phone support.

look in upper right corner after you click on comcastella

Official Employee

@kb9szf - You should have a PM access now. Please try again and let me know if you get any issues. 

Regular Visitor

I have been able to send you a PM now.  Thank you!

Official Employee

@kb9szf - Got your message and replied back. 

Regular Visitor

ella, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Dan

Official Employee

@mustangdan65 - Thank you! I got it and replied back. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla I am having this same problem as other folks in this thread -- I can watch live TV on all my devices, but not my Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102).  I will send a PM as well.

Official Employee

@madi1129 - I received your private message and replied back. Please check your inbox Smiley Happy  

New Poster

I’m having the same issue on both my TCL Roku TVs
Expert

@xxcheckmatexx wrote:
I’m having the same issue on both my TCL Roku TVs

did scroll back and see @ComcastElla's directions to private message her?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Posting so I can send a PM. How stupid. Smiley Sad

Official Employee

@cboman01 - Please refer to this article regarding the private messaging - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Private-Messaging/td-p/2936832.

When customers send unsolicited messages to moderators - they are skipping the line, which is unfair to customers who are waiting for our assistance. 

Regular Visitor

So I PM’ed all of my information on Monday, and have not heard an.ything back and still no resolution.  Does anyone know how long these errors take to fix, or do I just need to return the Roku and get my money back?

Official Employee

@cboman01 - I replied back to you on Monday and we actually had a conversation in PM. You verified your name yesterday and I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays. I understand that you are having an issue with Roku and I will be more than happy to help you but please don't let the community to get confused. I'm checking my messages every day and I always reply back to my customers. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Issue resolved

Official Employee

@cboman01 - Glad to hear that. One of the most popular causes of issues with the Roku is missing modem's information in one of our backend system. Most of the time it happens after a modem's swap. Please feel free to reach our team at any time. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla, how can I pm you, I changed my modem 3 times in 2 days, the first two times with no issues, but this third time, I get the message in the subject.  I suspect it was not registered with all the systems this time around

Regular Visitor

Ok, I was able to pm you, thanks.

Regular Visitor

also, I was not driving to jump the line.  I read the rules, please let me know when to pm you @ComcastElla, and I will resend my message.

My apologies

Official Employee

@quitahoward - No worries at all. Got your message and replied back Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Hello all,

I switched modems three times in 24 hrs.  The first two times everything worked as expected in regards to my Rokus, the third time is where I received this error.

I have a third party router and a 4 Node mesh Google WiFi setup.  The primary Google Node acts as the router for the rest of the Nodes and my network.

Xfinity recommishioned my modem several times through out this process.  I need many power cycles throughout this process, none of this helped.

With the dedicated support of @ComcastElla, I bypassed my Google WiFi setup and connected a PC directly to the modem via an ethernet cable.  Doing that confirmed that I was able to access X Stream successfully.  Therefore the issue was either between the modem and the router or the router and Roku.

I then connected my PC via ethernet to an outport of the router and confirmed that I was NOT able to access X Stream, this confirmed that the issue was the comms between the modem and the router, or the router.

I have successfully used this router with three different modems, including the one I had just (re) activated.  There had been no changes to the router since the last working modem was working.

Still, I did a factory reset on my primary Google WiFi Node (the router), and a factory reset on my Google WiFi mesh.  I then used a different Node as my primary Node (different router).  Once I did this, I no longer received the message, and could successfully access X Stream on all 7 of my Roku devices as well as any phone/computer connected to my home wifi.

Thank you @ComcastElla

Official Employee

@quitahoward - Thank you so much for sharing your experience and troubleshooting steps! It will definitely help a lot of customers who have the same issue with Roku Xfinity Stream app. I greatly appreciate your help!!!

Regular Visitor

Posting in order to send PM.

New Poster

I just had Comcast installed last week.

I have a Roku 3800X Streaming Stick.  It is connected via HDMI to the back of the TV and connected wirelessly to the Comcast Modem.  I am receiving the (Error createDrmSession.403-102).  I am in the Chicago market.  Any help to get this fixed would be appreciated.

New Poster

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Xfinity streaming app not working on any of our roku's or my phone when on my home xfinity wireless network. Get the above message. Restarted all devices including the modem as well as tried to reregister all of the devices. Still no dice. All other xfinity services work fine. This all started yesterday as we were having internet connectivity problems once again....
Expert

@mc65 wrote:

I just had Comcast installed last week.

I have a Roku 3800X Streaming Stick.  It is connected via HDMI to the back of the TV and connected wirelessly to the Comcast Modem.  I am receiving the (Error createDrmSession.403-102).  I am in the Chicago market.  Any help to get this fixed would be appreciated. 

on this topic, PM @ComcastElla (log in first) with your problem, account number account name and address.

Expert

@markwojo wrote:
Xfinity streaming app not working on any of our roku's or my phone when on my home xfinity wireless network. Get the above message. Restarted all devices including the modem as well as tried to reregister all of the devices. Still no dice. All other xfinity services work fine. This all started yesterday as we were having internet connectivity problems once again....

login and then PM @ComcastElla with your account information and problem so she can look into the issue and fix it.

New Poster

I am also getting this message. This was a nice app when it worked, but I did change gateways, so hoping it's an easy fix. I will be sending a PM to @ComcastElla asap.
Regular Visitor

Replying to send a PM. I have the same error as well. Works on other devices but the Roku.

Official Employee

Hello, 

@Wdukes12 and @astrakis - Got your messages, thank you for posting! I will reply back asap. 

Regular Visitor

Posting to PM
New Poster

Hello,

I cannot stream live tv using my roku.  I have called Xfinity a 1000 times and no one seems to be able to assist me.

Can you help?

It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Expert

@tt215 wrote:

Hello,

I cannot stream live tv using my roku.  I have called Xfinity a 1000 times and no one seems to be able to assist me.

Can you help?

It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

login and then PM @ComcastElla with your account information and problem so she can look into the issue and fix it.

Official Employee

Hi, tt215 - I would be happy to check your account. I haven't received a private message from you. Are you having any issues with the PM feature? 

Regular Visitor

Re: Roku Xfinity Streaming Beta Error

I am having the same Error createDr Session.403-102 issue. Unplugging the Roku and uninstalling the Xfinity streaming beta app and reinstalling it has not fixed the issue. I have a very strong wifi signal in the room. Please help!
Expert

@fredcatsmommy wrote:
I am having the same Error createDr Session.403-102 issue. Unplugging the Roku and uninstalling the Xfinity streaming beta app and reinstalling it has not fixed the issue. I have a very strong wifi signal in the room. Please help!

hi, I moved your post to this active thread. login and then PM  @ComcastElla with your account information and problem so she can look into the issue and fix it.

Official Employee

Hi, fredcatsmommy - Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, CM/HFC mac address of your modem. I will check what caused a 403-102 error. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Regular Visitor

When I click on your name it takes me to your "about" page.  I don't see where to select send a message.  Please tell me how to send a PM so I can send you the account and modem info.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Please disregard this.  PM sent.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastElla, I too need my email user name for emails sent from the app to be changed. When I click on your name, I see no 'send a message' option on the page it takes me to.
Expert

@CBurns27 wrote:
ComcastElla, I too need my email user name for emails sent from the app to be changed. When I click on your name, I see no 'send a message' option on the page it takes me to.

try again. be sure to click on 'sign in' at the top of the web page before trying to send the PM

Frequent Visitor

Ok, thanks. I was trying to do so from my app on the phone but I see the message option on the website from my computer. Fingers crossed she can help me out!
Regular Visitor

I cannot get xfinity stream running on my new Roku stick.

OK pretty frustrated since the Comcast service guy suggested this to me.  I have done just about everything that has been suggested in these threads

I rebooted the stick

I deleted the app and readded it

I reboot my wireless router

This should not be this difficult.   I am connected to my 5G wireless connection and all other apps work with no problems.   Why is this so difficult