Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Frequent Visitor

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Getting the error: createDrmSession.403-102 when I attempt to log in on the Stream beta on Roku TV.

I was getting DRM: -1 when trying to play stuff from the DVR, so I deleted and re-added the app and now it won't let me log in.

I removed the app, reset the TV, reset the modem.

My device is showing correctly under "devices": ARRIS GROUP, INC. SB6190 - Serial Number: OMITTED

I read something about a background refresh - but I'm not sure how to request this.

thanks

Expert

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

bgriffiths36 wrote:

Getting the error: createDrmSession.403-102 when I attempt to log in on the Stream beta on Roku TV.

I was getting DRM: -1 when trying to play stuff from the DVR, so I deleted and re-added the app and now it won't let me log in.

I removed the app, reset the TV, reset the modem.

My device is showing correctly under "devices": ARRIS GROUP, INC. SB6190 - Serial Number: OMITTED

I read something about a background refresh - but I'm not sure how to request this.

thanks

fail to create DRM would be a hardware issue. Somewhere in the path the hardware won't allow at least one of the pieces of equipment. does your Roku plug directly into the TV or via an HDMII cable? have you tried removing the hdmi connector and power connector from your Roku device for 30+ seconds and then reconnect? If that is not successful, are you able to actually run the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku or do you get that fail message before the app will run?

Frequent Visitor

It's actually a TCL TV with Roku built in.

The Xfinity Stream app loads, I authenticate, and then it fails with the DRM issue.

The odd thing was it was working for the past 4-5 months

Frequent Visitor

This is the text, which is usually displayed if you try to activate a Roku that is outside the home:
This device can only access XFINITY TV on your in-home WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like.

Frequent Visitor

update:

I factory reset the tv with the same results. I also installed the Xfinity Stream app on another Roku TV that didn't have it installed previously (it was hooked to the cable box) and it worked fine. This is frustrating.

Expert

bgriffiths36 wrote:

update:

I factory reset the tv with the same results. I also installed the Xfinity Stream app on another Roku TV that didn't have it installed previously (it was hooked to the cable box) and it worked fine. This is frustrating.

are you and the TV at home where you home wifi is located? on wireless or ethernet? if wireless did you verify that the roku is connected to your own wifi SSID ?

Frequent Visitor

Yes at the home with home wifi
Wireless.
Yes correct SSID
Expert

can you watch live numbered channels on another device (phone/tablet or desk/laptop) successfully?

Frequent Visitor

Yep live stuff works on iOS or even other Roku TVs in the house
New Poster

I am having the same issue on all my Ruku devices. 

Expert

bgriffiths36 wrote:
Yep live stuff works on iOS or even other Roku TVs in the house

what is your exact model number of the roku? what is the version level of the roku's firmware?

Frequent Visitor

TV Model: TCL 49S305

Roku Version: 8.0.0 - build 4142-08

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I’m having the same issue. I have a Roku and it’s giving me the ‘not connected to your network’ error and the same error code. What’s more interesting is that the stream app works on the phone for ‘TVGo’ channels (out of the home) but not the in home channels like ABC, NBC, CBS which require you to be connected to your wireless network, which I am. So basically this makes the xfinity stream beta app completely useless and no channels are available since the app thinks it’s not connected to my network. Which it is. Which I’ve checked... several times. Pretty frustrating...
Expert

Gwalk34 wrote:
I’m having the same issue. I have a Roku and it’s giving me the ‘not connected to your network’ error and the same error code. What’s more interesting is that the stream app works on the phone for ‘TVGo’ channels (out of the home) but not the in home channels like ABC, NBC, CBS which require you to be connected to your wireless network, which I am. So basically this makes the xfinity stream beta app completely useless and no channels are available since the app thinks it’s not connected to my network. Which it is. Which I’ve checked... several times. Pretty frustrating...

the Roku is in a free beta as a cheaper home device that replaces a set top box (for watching your subscription). It has no function outside of the home wifi. for your phone issues post in the stream app area in a separate post. 

Official Employee

Hello all,

@bgriffiths36 - Please send me your full name and address in a private message. I also need the username you use to sign in. I will perform some troubleshooting steps on my end. 

@Gwalk34 - If you cannot access in-home channels on Stream App on your phone as well as on Roku - your issue is different. It seems like there is a mismatch with IP address we have in the system that doesn't recognize your home network. Please send me your full name, address, phone number, MAC Address and make/model of your modem. 

Thank you!

New Poster

I am now having this same issue. Were you able to ever get it resolved? How did you do it?
D4739103-8883-4767-BCDE-42A90E2A56FA.jpeg
Expert

@Wakanda21 wrote:
I am now having this same issue. Were you able to ever get it resolved? How did you do it?

are you able to access all your streaming channels on a desk/laptop or smart device while on you rhome wifi?

New Poster

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  It started randomly yesterday, while I have been using the Xfinity Stream app for Roku Stick on a Samsung Smart TV since August with no problems. Everything else in the house is working fine, only the Xfinity Stream App on Roku Stick, and on iPhone shows this error.  I was on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with Xfinity yesterday, transferred to several departments, and nobody could help.  A ticket was generated for Expert Help Department to troubleshoot and call me back, but nothing has changed and I did not receive a call. Any advice?

Expert

@salmahrouq wrote:

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  It started randomly yesterday, while I have been using the Xfinity Stream app for Roku Stick on a Samsung Smart TV since August with no problems. Everything else in the house is working fine, only the Xfinity Stream App on Roku Stick, and on iPhone shows this error.  I was on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with Xfinity yesterday, transferred to several departments, and nobody could help.  A ticket was generated for Expert Help Department to troubleshoot and call me back, but nothing has changed and I did not receive a call. Any advice?

would you (specifically) go to the 01/23 post above by @ComcastElla? thank you for providing the information about same problem being on your iphone.

New Poster

I have this issue with both tv’s with Roku. One has Roku built into the tv & the other tv is a Roku plug-in. Spent a total of 11+ hours on the phone over the last 3 days. A tech from xfinity came to my house. Tech blames it on Roku since it’s the Beta app. Roku hasn’t a clue what they are talking about either. This is not an xfinity error. As my stream app works on my iPad and iPhone under same WiFi in Home. Looks like Roku is about to lose a ton of customers as this is my only resource to watch xfinity on a tv is through Roku. I’ve seen no results from any forum that makes sense and the questions asked are of course all the troubleshooting tips taken before we’ve reached out here.   Day 4 of issue. This is not an xfinity escalation. This is a Roku build error

90A79AED-17FE-494F-A655-938D857807BE.jpeg
New Poster

Have had for 4 days error message createDrmSession.403-102 on my Roku app for beta stream xfinity. Just stopped working Wednesday night. Contacted Comcast and after 50 min still no answer and said they were putting in an open ticket for next higher group to work on. Wifi works fine in house, wifi works fine on all other apps on roku and cable box works fine. Effecting all 3 of my Roku's and only xfinity app doing it.

New Poster

I am now having the same issue and none of my devices including iOS work. The issue started on 3/7/2018. Please advise.
Regular Visitor

yes I am having the same issue, same code. I call xifinty who transfer me to roku, who than transfer me back to xfinity, then said someone would call me back...it's been 5 days no phone call...issue still not solved
Expert

I just did some testing. I connected my roku to my cell phone's hotspot, and to the neighbor's xfinitywif and each gave this very same code. changed back to my own home's network and the Xfinity app no longer gave error codes.

The key is to know 'your own' home's network SSID (name) as there may be several 'HOME*' and the xfinitywifi SSID. The modem shown using your Xfinity My Account app (press the internet button then the image of a modem) must match (serial number) to your own physical modem in your home (HFC Mac Address). A VPN will not work as they specifically test to be sure you are in the home not outside of the home.

Regular Visitor

I will try when I get back home, thank you hope it works either way I will let you know
Official Employee

Hello all,

The DrmSession 403-102 error is a known issue and we are currently working on the resolution. I will post updates as soon as we get them. Thank you for your patience. 

Regular Visitor

it didn't work
New Poster

That is a joke. It doesn’t work. Just another game xfinity is trying to get away with. 

New Poster

Yes everything works fine from my smart phone. This is only an issue through the Roku in my TV. I had Comcast tech come here yesterday who ran tests, replaced wires, etc. They said they had no idea why this was happening and to replace the Roku. Given the fact of multiple posts from others with this same issue, this doesn’t seem like it’s a hardware issue. Please advise!
New Poster

FWIW — having the same problem.  TV is fine, Roku is hooked properly to TV and home Wifi (Xfinity’s router), all other Roku apps work, Xfinity Stream works on mobile devices hooked to home Wifi, Xfinity Stream app on Roku does not work.  It quit working mysteriously this past weekend.

Contributor

None of the apps on any device that depend on home network work. I tried Xfinity stream on various devices as well as admin tool on my account and all showed message or other indications that the device was not connected to home network. It looks like xfinity database that recognizes home networks is broken.

Regular Visitor

ITS BACK UP!!! APP IS WORKING ON MY ROKU!
Contributor

Still not working 

Expert

@patkes wrote:

Still not working 

it is a national problem but seems to affect the northeastern states area more often. Comcast has not give an estimated time of repair.

Official Employee

Hello, all!

The issue with createDrmSession.403-102 error message is now resolved. If you still experiencing any issues with the Roku app - please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

Contributor

Ella, unfortunately this is not completely fixed. I spent a looong time with support today and it is still broken. I sent you a PM with my user name.

Contributor

A poster in another forum has reported that problem has recurred.

it might be an issue with traffic routing. If you know the IP address of the Xfinity server the stream app tries for home network, I can run a traceroute and post results.

@patkes wrote:

Ella, unfortunately this is not completely fixed. I spent a looong time with support today and it is still broken. I sent you a PM with my user name.

Expert

@patkes wrote:

did you try removing the roku from power for 30 seconds and plugged back in? have you used the Xfinity menu to log out and then back in?

Contributor

Hi @rustyben, yes tried all that. Also factory reset the modem. I have this problem on every single device. Stream thinks it is not on home network on Roku, iPad, iPhone and PC. I tried PC with Ethernet cable instead of WiFi to rule that out. My account app also thinks I am not on home network.

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

did you try removing the roku from power for 30 seconds and plugged back in? have you used the Xfinity menu to log out and then back in?

Expert

@patkes wrote:

Hi @rustyben, yes tried all that. Also factory reset the modem. I have this problem on every single device. Stream thinks it is not on home network on Roku, iPad, iPhone and PC. I tried PC with Ethernet cable instead of WiFi to rule that out. My account app also thinks I am not on home network.

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

the nationwide problem was reported fixed. please run the Xfinity My Account app and touch the internet tab. check the modem serial number there and compare it with your modem's HFC MAC address. Is it the same character by character?

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

the nationwide problem was reported fixed. please run the Xfinity My Account app and touch the internet tab. check the modem serial number there and compare it with your modem's HFC MAC address. Is it the same character by character?

Yes. My Account app shows correc5 model and MAC address. But starting admin tool in MyAccount app also shows the error that the device is not connected to home network. 

Expert

@patkes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

Yes. My Account app shows correc5 model and MAC address. But starting admin tool in MyAccount app also shows the error that the device is not connected to home network. 

please call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). 

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

please call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). 

Spent a couple of hours with tier2 support without success. I have been informed that this is an ongoing problem in the heartland area.

Official Employee

@patkes - Do you have an issue with the Stream app on your smartphone/online or Roku?

Contributor

@ComcastElla wrote:

@patkes - Do you have an issue with the Stream app on your smartphone/online or Roku?

On all devices, iPad, iPhone, Roku and PC connected with Ethernet cable.

Official Employee

@patkes - Customers in the Chicago, Michigan, Missouri and Indiana Regions may be receiving "You must be on your home network" message while they are connected to their home network. This is a known issue and a Tier 2 or Tier 3 agents won't be available to fix the issue. Before the issue was national but now we noticed the high volume in one region. I will provide more updates as soon as we get them. 

New Poster

I have a tech coming to my house tomorrow. Doesn’t sound like he’s going to be able to address it. I’m in Minnesota and this drm 403-102 has been going on a while.

Why did they sched a tech if he can’t fix it, and what’s the fix?
Official Employee

@Jesseromain1 - If there are any issues with the Upstream RF signal level, it could cause a DRM 403-102 error. I can take a closer look if you send me your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

New Poster

Same problem in Nashville, TN.  Phone help from Comcast has been No Help!  What is going on?!?!?