Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Yes, yet another 403-102 issue. I just spent 2 hours on the phone with comcast tier2 costumer support and the suggestion was to buy a new roku.

Here isa summary:

1) moved to a different town; in the previous place roku was working flawlessly with the same hardware

2) I have:
    Motorola Surfboard sb 6121

D-link DIR-600l

roku express

3) on my tablet connected to the same router xfinity app works fine

4) tried to uninstall the app from roku, unplug it from outlet + tv for 5min, unplugged modem from outlet for 5 min; then,  replug all the hardware and reinstall xfinity app on roku. Same result

5) tried tens of other things to no avail

Please help

Expert

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

@efone wrote:

Yes, yet another 403-102 issue. I just spent 2 hours on the phone with comcast tier2 costumer support and the suggestion was to buy a new roku.

Here isa summary:

1) moved to a different town; in the previous place roku was working flawlessly with the same hardware

2) I have:
    Motorola Surfboard sb 6121

D-link DIR-600l

roku express

3) on my tablet connected to the same router xfinity app works fine

4) tried to uninstall the app from roku, unplug it from outlet + tv for 5min, unplugged modem from outlet for 5 min; then,  replug all the hardware and reinstall xfinity app on roku. Same result

5) tried tens of other things to no avail

Please help

before referring you to a comcast person go into your network settings for the Roku. is the DNS 75.75.75.75? 

there is a very large thread on this topic and if the DNS is set right then a Comcast employee has to update some background account databases.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the prompt reply Rustyben,

There is no DNS setting in roku; but on the router side is 0.0.0.0

Expert

@efone wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply Rustyben,

There is no DNS setting in roku; but on the router side is 0.0.0.0

in the roku menu (not while on the xfinity channel) select system, network. 

update your router DNS to 75.75.75.75 secondary is 75.75.76.76

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

done!

Frequent Visitor

roku express:

system->network: [about, check connection, set up connection]

system->network->about: it shows [network name | status, connection type, signal strength, wireless channel, ip address, wireless mac address]

system->network->set up connection: shows list of available networks

No DNS.

Regular Visitor

Same issue
Expert

interesting that set up (non DHCP) is not there. what is the DNS setting in the router?

Frequent Visitor

On the router it was 0.0.0.0 but I changed it to 75.75.75.75, the secondary was 0.0.0.0 and now I set it to 75.75.76.76

Frequent Visitor

Any news?

Frequent Visitor

Roku works.
I saw this solution somewhere few days back but I had it low on the list because it didnt make much sense. Anyway, here is what I did:

1) connected roku to my cell phone hotspot

2) opened the xfinity app and and went through the authorization process (as expected the 403-102 error appeared)

3) went back to settings and reconnected roku to my router, which is connected to comcast

4) xfinity app started working without going through the authorization process

Not sure why but it works, I hope it will help someone alse

Cheers!

New Poster

did not work for me! Smiley Sad