Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Regular Visitor

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

@ComcastElla
I have messaged you with the appropriate information and have yet to have my tv app fixed or receive a reply message.
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I am having this error on three Rokus in my home. Same circumstances as others above - I'm on my home network (Stream works on my cell phone), my CM MAC matches the one on my account, I've removed the app, rebooted and re-installed. Can someone wonderful help me? 

Thanks.  

Expert

@9lives353 wrote:

Hi

I am having this error on three Rokus in my home. Same circumstances as others above - I'm on my home network (Stream works on my cell phone), my CM MAC matches the one on my account, I've removed the app, rebooted and re-installed. Can someone wonderful help me? 

Thanks.  

call 800-comcast and select TV tech support. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team for the stream app. ask the app agent to refresh your stream app entitlements. be sure to mention what you said in the post.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello all,

@Kain84 - My apologies for the delayed reply, I'm off on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. I see your private message and will reply back asap.

@9lives353 - I'd happy to assist you and check your account to troubleshoot the 403-102 error message. Please private message me your full name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastElla I am having the same issue. Please help!
Official Employee

Hello, Miminotyou! Welcome to the Xfinity Forum! I'm happy to help with the 403-102 error message. I got your private message and will reply back in a second. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

My tv fixed itself within a few days. They opened some ticket and magically it was working again. Glad its working again! Thanks Ella!

Official Employee

@Proudtobeme44 - Awesome news! Glad to hear that your issue is resolved, thank you for sharing with us! If you have any questions - please feel free to reach out to me at any time. 

New Poster

I am also having this same issue. I spent 3 hours resetting and reinstalling last night to no avail. EVERYTHING works, Netflix, wifi, event the seperate apps like TBS and TNT. The Xfinityu Beta will not work, nor half the channels on my mobile devices stream app.

New Poster

Hello this is Jennifer Blaine.

I am having the same roku issue on 4 of my TV's. They all worked fine for a year the day before. NO CHANGES at all. The stream app on my phone is giving me issues as well.

New Poster

Sorry I think I was supposed to use @jenniferblaine for my name.

Frequent Visitor

Same error. Will this work on roku 3920 premier away from home while traveling? 

Official Employee

dougm2161, are you talking about traveling outside of the country? The Stream app will not work outside the country. 

Everyone, please let me know if you're still seeing this error. Shoot me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

In US, Just different state for work.

Official Employee

In US, Just different state for work.

dougm2161, The Xfinity TV Beta app is available on select Roku TV models and all Roku streaming media players, including the Roku 5XXX, 6XXX, 7XXX and 8XXX series TVs; Roku Streaming Media Players: Premier (4620), Premier+ (4630), Ultra (4640, 4660); Roku 4 (4400); Roku 3 (4200, 4230); Roku 2 (4210); and Roku Streaming Sticks: Express (3700, 3900), Express+ (3710, 3910), Streaming Stick (3600); and Streaming Stick+ (3800, 3810). Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

If you're streaming outside of your home, you'll have access to only XFINITY TV GO content. 

New Poster

Jennifer Blaine

@jenniferblaine 

I am also having this same issue. I spent 3 hours resetting and reinstalling last night to no avail. EVERYTHING works, Netflix, wifi, even the seperate apps like TBS and TNT. The Xfinity Beta will not work, nor half the channels on my mobile devices stream app.

Official Employee

Jennifer Blaine

@jenniferblaine 

I am also having this same issue. I spent 3 hours resetting and reinstalling last night to no avail. EVERYTHING works, Netflix, wifi, even the seperate apps like TBS and TNT. The Xfinity Beta will not work, nor half the channels on my mobile devices stream app.

I see you just sent a message to Ella...she'll work with you until this is resolved. Thanks. 

Ken

New Poster

I have a NBA playoff game to watch tonight. 

I CANT miss it. Please just take this case. I need this fixed.

@jenniferblaine

Official Employee

I have a NBA playoff game to watch tonight. 

I CANT miss it. Please just take this case. I need this fixed.

@jenniferblaine

jenniferblaine, you can also send me a private message with your full name so I can begin troubleshooting. 

New Poster

@jenniferblaine

Jennifer Blaine

Official Employee

Please click my name and then click "send a private message" in order to send a private message. 

Ken

Expert

@dougm2161 wrote:

the roku will work but the stream beta app will not since you will not be on your own home wifi network.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Please click my name and then click "send a private message" in order to send a private message. 

Ken

ken, my roku does not seem to offer tvgo channels. is it supposed to show them?

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Ken

ken, my roku does not seem to offer tvgo channels. is it supposed to show them?

Rustyben, nope it only does in home stuff--thanks for keeping me honest. lol

The TV Go selection is only for the non roku app. 

Regular Visitor

Hello I am having this problem as well
Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla I can’t seem to PM you either. Can you please help me with this problem???
New Poster

I am also having this error. Am definitely at home, on my wi-fi, no equipment has changed for years besides the Rokus, but all 3 I own are now giving this error. Over an hour on phone with support with no progress. Very frustrating as it was working perfectly for many months

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem. I did a system refresh on my cable box and now everything is working correctly 😃
Frequent Visitor

Try a system refresh on your cable box, it worked for me
New Poster

Ken,

I cannot seem to private message you but am having this problem.  Been on the phone with tech support for a long time...

New Poster

Re: FIXED - Stream App not seeing home network error 403-102

My xfinity stream beta been down for a week. I been going back and forth with roku rep and xfinity rep they both keep blaming each other with helping. I have unloaded and reloaded the app still no result.
New Poster

@ComcastElla
PMing you with same error/issue
Official Employee

@danpat4 - Happy to help! I got your PM, replied back and haven't received a reply from you. Please check your inbox. 

@Jeff270 - Thank you so much for sharing the troubleshooting steps! I

@dmmihelcic - Your PM feature is enabled. Please click on my or Ken's name, then click "Send a message".

If you are having issues with the 403-102 error message, please try a system refresh on your X1 box if you have one; try to reset your modem; if none of these steps help - please send me a private message. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla Having the same Error 403-102. I have recently moved and my account was moved over. ROKU stopped working last night after a year. I have the information you need but am unable to figure out how to "SEnd a Message." I click on your name and do not see "send a message" anywhere. Help. Thank you for your time. 

do what you love
Official Employee

Hi, Emoeac! Welcome to the Xfinity Forum! The private messaging feature enables after you post something publicly. That's a universal rule for all new users. I got your PM and will reply back in a second Smiley Happy 

Regular Visitor

After working for months, xfinity streaming app on Roku no longer works.

I get the error ,message - error createdrmsession.403-102

I am betting there is some software update made somewhere in the system.

Official Employee

Hi, geobprice1! I can check if there any discrepancies on the backend. Could you please send me a private message with your full name and CM Mac of your modem? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Regular Visitor

Just tried removing and re-installing app.  No good.  Error still there.

Expert

@geobprice1 wrote:

Just tried removing and re-installing app.  No good.  Error still there.

scroll back one post from your post for directions from @ComcastElla 

Official Employee

@geobprice1 - Just replied in PM, my apologies for the delayed reply. Have you tried an X1 System Refresh?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastKenF @ComcastChe @ComcastElla 

Same error as others. have spent countless hours with support on the phone. consant refreshes and reboots. reprisvisons and no change. Please advise

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF @ComcastChe @ComcastElla 

Same error as others. have spent countless hours with support on the phone. consant refreshes and reboots. reprisvisons and no change. Please advise

TazCentral, shoot me a private message with your full name and I'll take a closer look. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

@ComcastKenF 

Sent. Thanks

Official Employee

Got it thanks. Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla Yesterday, I replaced an Xfinity rented modem with personal data/voice modem (Arris SBV3202) and today I can't get the Roku or iOS Xfinity Stream app to work.  It says I am not on my home netywork, which I am.  Please help.  I logged out of the app, i deleted the app, restarted the modem and that didn't help. 

The MAC ID is listed as the serial # when I check the Xfinity website under My Account. 

Regular Visitor

I don't how it happened but I gave it one more restart, this time from the Xfinity website choosing restart modem, and now i can use the Roku and iOS app again.  

Official Employee

Hello @mbarbash, thanks for providing us with that update and I'm happy to hear everything is working as it should on your end. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

New Poster

I just have Xfinity installed about a month and I just bought a Roku streaming stick. I see the Xfinity beta app but I’m getting the error message that everybody else is. I unplugged it and plugged it back in I even restarted the modem please let me know what the sexe I just have Xfinity installed about a month and I just bought a Roku streaming stick. I see the Xfinity beta app but I’m getting the error message that everybody else is. I unplugged it and plugged it back and I even restarted the modem please let me know what the fix is
Official Employee

Hello @Drsjobs, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and becoming a Comcast customer! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this same issue and I would be more than happy to further look into this on the backend as well. Can you please send me a private message including your name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

New Poster

So I’m about 10hrs into tech support calls , deleting accounts & starting over, you name it. I have a brand new sharp tv w/Roku. Roku works fine except the xfinity stream. Same error code as everyone else. (CreateDrmSession.403-102)
I would pm you info like you requested but at this point I can’t figure that out either. And help would be appreciated. FYI, I have a Roku box on another tv & that works perfect.