Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

Expert

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

@ks99 wrote:

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

use the xfinity my account app, internet tab, touch the modem/gateway. compare the 'serial number' shown with the modem/gateway's HFC MAC Address. do they match character by character?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the characters match exactly. In addition to my active modem, the old comcast modem that I returned this week is still listed under my "devices," if that matters.

Frequent Visitor

Roku: Error createDrmSession.403-102 ***STILL NOT WORKING***

Roku: Error createDrmSession.403-102

I've switched from a Comcast modem to customer-owned modem. We upgraded from double play (internet and phone) to triple play (internet, phone, and TV). I get the above error message every time I try to launch the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku.

I've been trying to get it worked out for days. I've called them every day since Monday 1/14/19 and taken it up to tier 3 support several times. No one seems to be able to help by phone. I see many people have had problems with the Xfinity Stream app on Roku after changing their modem. My MAC numbers match. I asked the phone support people about the MAC address and they said everything looks fine. I've seen this person ComcastElla say that she can help with the 403-102 error message, to just PM her with the relevant account and modem info. I have PMd but no response as of yet. I wonder if she is the only representative on the forum that is able to help with this issue?

The tier 3 support person said that it was because of an outage. I asked him several details about this supposed outage. How long as the outage been going on? Since 1/10/19, he said. I asked what the outage was – considering there are NO outages in my area according to the Xfinity outage map, and ALL of my services are functioning – internet, TV, VOIP phone, Xfinity streaming from all other devices on my home network and away from my home network, and the ability to stream any other app on my Roku. The only thing that is NOT working is the Xfinity stream app from my Roku. This to me does not say “outage” it says “software problem.” And the software problem relates to how the Stream app is communicating to Xfinity about to what network the Roku is connected. How does Xfinity Stream app determine I am on my home network? Probably by verifying my modem is connected to Xfinity, which is done through a Modem ID or the Roku ID– a serial number or MAC (Media Access Control) address or the DNS or something. Which to me sounds like a database or software issue.

I wonder if anyone has had this issue and was able to get it resolved? Was it indeed because the MAC address was incorrect somewhere? Mine seems to match and yet the problem still persists. The person RustyBen seems to have some knowledge of the issue and he even commented on my previous question asking me if my MAC address matched what was on the account. It does, and I wrote back as such but haven't heard back from him, either.

How many times is phone support going to make me restart my: TV, Roku, uninstall/reinstall the Stream app, check my network connection, ID my wifi name on my Roku, my TV, check my stream app on my computer and phone, reregister my Roku… I don’t think the issue is on my side!

Expert

@ks99 wrote:

Yes, the characters match exactly. In addition to my active modem, the old comcast modem that I returned this week is still listed under my "devices," if that matters.

call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to fix the gateways to 'only' have the one you are now using. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks- I have spoken to billing and they said there is 1 active modem showing on the account and one inactive one. I asked them to remove the inactive one and they basically said they couldn’t (or wouldn’t).
Official Employee

***Validated Best Answer as of 06/2019***

Hi All,

If you are experiencing the Roku Error (Error createDrmSession.403-102), please follow the steps below to resolve.

1. Sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
    • Using your Roku remote, sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku by going to Main Menu > Settings > Sign Out.
    • You will be returned to the Get Started screen.
  2. Log in to the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
    • If you're relocating your Roku device, ensure that the new location allows you to connect to your Xfinity Internet service.
    • Go to the main Roku device settings menu by navigating to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless.
    • Select your Xfinity wireless network.
      • Note: Do not select another network, including Xfinity WiFi hotspots or any 'xfinitywifi' network that may be available in your home. The Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku is only available through your Xfinity wireless network.
  3. Activate Your Device: Follow the Activation steps in Activating Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku.

This should resolve the problem. Please let us know if you have any other question or are in need of additional assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

OK now the comcast device is no longer showing. It only shows my Netgear modem. They must have finally removed the 2nd device from the account. But I am still getting the error message. Also I cannot stream Xfinity from my phone or computer which are also connected to my home wifi. Both don't recognize that I am on my in-home wifi. So I don't think the issue is with the Roku.

Frequent Visitor

FIXED - Stream App not seeing home network error 403-102

For those of you who have the Error createDrmSession.403-102 message when you try to run the Xfinity Stream App -

Mine had not been working all week from any device on my home network. It kept on saying I needed to be on my home network even though I already was. I called a million times and escalated again and again, and everyone kept on telling me to reboot and relaunch everything, and to check to make sure the modem MAC address matched from the modem to my account (it did). First they said it was because of my cable box (not so), then they said it was because of my customer-owned modem wasn't supported (it was supported), then it was because of a problem with my Roku (it wasn't), and then they told me that it was not working due to an "outage" and that it was going to be fixed soon. So I was skeptical, of course.  I asked what kind of outage - I'm thinking an outage usually means a hardware issue like servers crashing or physical cables are broken, and no outage was listed on my account or on any maps, so I asked if it was because of that or was it actually a software issue? And he said yes, it was a software problem and they were working on it and it would be fixed soon. They said that every day for days with no result. But all of a sudden this evening it is working. No explanation. Just started working. No idea what the fix is and no one will explain. So- Good luck...

New Poster

Hello. I’m not able to send a private message to @ComcastElla what am I missing? I’m having the same issue with my Roku saying that I’m not on the right network. This happned all of a sudden after working for a year
Official Employee

Hello,

@ks99 - I'm back to the office, I will check your account asap. 

@Ms05 - Your PM feature is already enabled. Please note, you have to post publicly first in order to get a PM feature. Please try to send me a private message and let me know if you get any issues with it. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku: Error createDrmSession.403-102 ***STILL NOT WORKING***

Having the same problem. Went through all the basic reset procedures with 3 different levels of tech support with no luck. After day 4 I was told about the outage and there is no time frame to get it fixed. 

Also PM ed to ComcastElla with all my info but I am still waiting for a response. 

If this is a universal issue and ComcastElla has the fix can we just post it on the public forum?

If it is related to the modem communicating with the server then what is the fix?

Thank you

New Poster

@ComcastElla 

any way to get help with this issue still? will try to send a PM.

Regular Visitor

I'm having this exact same issue and sent a PM with account details.  Lokking forward to your reply and getting it resolved.

When I called in this morning I was told there was an issue/outage that would be fixed by 10pm tomorrow....the guy I talked to did not have any other details or seem confident in this information.

Regular Visitor

Hello, I have the same issue after i installed my own customer provided modem. just looking to see if my issue is able tobe resolved like the others. Thanks.

Expert

@rjbrown911 wrote:

Hello, I have the same issue after i installed my own customer provided modem. just looking to see if my issue is able tobe resolved like the others. Thanks.

does your modem/gateway's HFC MAC address match exactly the serial number listed on the my account app? (select the internet tab and then the gateway).

Regular Visitor

Hey, I'm actually all set now. Had a tech coming out anyway for a different matter (just got new netgear cm1150v and when I run the line tests I only show 4 bonded upstream channels instead of 8, apparently outside plant doesnt support the 8 upstreams.) He went with his phone and did the authorization and ot started working. I guess it didn't provision properly when i ran it myself because i was connected through the modem trying to do it. The people I talked to last night tried a bunch of different things and tried reprovisioning it several times. Not sure why ot took this time but I'm not complaining.
Regular Visitor

And to answer your question, yes it did match. That was one of the things they tried last night, having me verify it.
Regular Visitor

Re: FIXED - Stream App not seeing home network error 403-102

I had this problem with Roku a few weeks back, and the had no clue.  My hunch was that I changed the main password on the Xfinity account and although the system picled it up everywhere, and seemed to authorize when code from Roku is typed in, the aoo itself kept giving this 403-102 error message.  Then in three days, all of a sudden. the app started working.  TOday, I receive a message from Xfinity that I need to change my password, which I did. And you guessed it right - I'm at square 1 - the app gives me the 403-102 again.  I guess it will fix itself in a few days, but having heard about this issue for several years (trend), this should have been solved a long time ago.  Xfinity - stop waisting users time!Fix the issue and provide competent answers!

New Poster

Hello,

I am also getting this error message on every roku that we have tried to set up.  We have a customer bought modem that was set up on my XFINITY as my modem.  We have uninstalled and unplugged the roku, checked the router up, and restarted the modem with no success.

Help!

Regular Visitor

Hello,  I am having the same issues with my ROKU device.

I spent over 4 hours on the phone with Tech support and they were of no help.

How do I Private Message @ComcastElla ???  so this problem can be resolved. ?

Expert

@Sikoraj wrote:

Hello,

I am also getting this error message on every roku that we have tried to set up.  We have a customer bought modem that was set up on my XFINITY as my modem.  We have uninstalled and unplugged the roku, checked the router up, and restarted the modem with no success.

Help!

please use the roku remote and highight the stream app channel. press the * button and remote the app. reinstall the app, sign in. working now?

Regular Visitor

My Roku is displaying the same error.  This is my first time posting.  Hope I am able to contact 

Expert

@SPrado66 wrote:

My Roku is displaying the same error.  This is my first time posting.  Hope I am able to contact 

some changes were made to the system but need to follow these direcitons to make the changes in effect on your device. please use the roku remote and highight the stream app channel. press the * button and remote the app. reinstall the app, sign in. working now?

Official Employee

Hello all,

Please be aware that Private Messaging is disabled for new forum users (please refer to this announcement https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Private-Messaging/td-p/2936832). After you post publicly, it can take some time (less than 24 hours) to activate the PM feature. 

I'm in the office Sunday through Wednesday, 9 AM - 7:30 PM MT. 

Thank you all for your patience! 

Regular Visitor

Re: Roku (Error createDrmsession.403-102)

I am having the same issues as all the rest of the posts with the (error createDrmsession. 403 - 102 and would like to have answers as to how to fix this problem... all my systems say everything is working and I still get the error on the Roku.
New Poster

Hello,
Exact same issue as everyone on this link.
Upgraded personal approved cable modem to support triple play (voice) and after the successful installation of the TV boxes and the modem; the streaming AP quit working on ALL previously working streaming devices (Roku TVs, Roku sticks, phones). Also note that now a second 'ghost' cable modem has appeared on my account.
Inaffective Comcast support that degraded in quality as I was escalated through the 3rd level of support, their suggestions (multiple uninstall and reinstalls of the AP, modem resets, etc) proved to be useless and now total frustration.
Comcastella you seem to be the real expert on this topic as it seems to a Comcast system SW issue that can only be resolved by re-provisioning the cable modem/ or account.

Can you please provide a suggested approach to me and others like me to improve our Comcast experience?

Thanks!
Regular Visitor

I was receiving the error and through trial and error on my own, I SOLVED MY PROBLEM BY CALLING COMCAST (my internet provider) TO REGISTER my new modem/router with them.  ALL WORKS WELL NOW!!!!

Go to 'devices' on your comcast account and see what modem/router is listed.  If there is a ?, call them and give them the info for your new router.

SUCH A SIMPLE FIX (for me anyway!)  

New Poster

Thanks!

But the CM info is correct.

That said, this AM everything is working.  All streaming devices are working, the TV boxes, and the phone.  Apparently all that was needed was an overnight refresh in my case.

I am good to go - Comcast people monitoring this website, PLEASE don't change anything at my end.

Also it would be a great service to ALL the people that encounter this issue (there are many webhits on the 403-102 topic); IF the Comcast front line support people quickly suggested that ONLY an over night cycle was required before we consumed so much of thier time running down futile tasks.

Good luck to the next guy!

Regular Visitor

Getting this error with new roku premium. Tried to restart, download new app, reset modem, checked modem in my account and mac is correct. Hoping customer service can help
Regular Visitor

Hi, I’m having the same issue.  It a bit frustrating as the Xfinity support folks on the phone have no clue how to resolve this

Official Employee

Hello all,

@cgumpp191 - Thank you for sharing your experience! We greatly appreciate it!

@Orbitzero - My apologies for the delayed reply, I don't get notifications if you don't add @ sign. I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved, we don't do any changes to customers' account without permission. If you still see your old modem - please private message me your full name and I will remove the old modem from your account. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message

@fastdaddy1025 - Your issue has been escalated to the engineers, my apologies for the wait. 

@ Bombo1 - Thank you for sending me a private message, I will reply back in a second. 

New Poster

was working fine 2 days ago and now all 3 of my roku TVs are doing the same thing 403-102.

Called customer support and they reprovissioned my modem but nothing resolved this...please help.

New Poster

I am having this same issue Ella. No one can seem to figure this out at Comcast. Can you message me as you seem to know how to fix
Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla:  same problem here.  I installed a basic Roku box a few weeks ago with no problems but returned it for the Premium+.  New one worked for a few days then stopped.  I've reset it to factory fresh.  But Xfinity Stream wouldn't connect to my account, unlike my first Roku.  I uninstalled the Xfinity Stream app and reinstalled it.  Still getting the same error.  Also, I have the standard Xfinity modem.  What's the scoop?   And, why can you not just publish the solution publicly here so everyone knows what to do?  Might make your life easier too!! : )  Thanks for your help.

New Poster

Rebooted my modem and router then it worked.
Official Employee

Hi @HJA1974, @Proudtobeme44, and @dsmr2,   

Sorry for the experience you are having. After rebooting your modem, if you haven't been able to get rid of this error, please send me a private message. I will need to check the backend of your account and do some troubleshooting to help clear the error. 

Frequent Visitor

I just started having the same issue on all three of my Roku devices.  Nothing has changed on my side of things for a long time.  I have my own modem/router which matches the router on my account.  I have had it for almost two years now.  The app was working just fine yesterday morning and just stopped working last night.  I have worked with support and it has been escalated with no resolution.  This makes absolutely no sense.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, rebooted the modem/routher multipled times and I even renewed my WAN lease on the modem to see if that would do the trick.  

Any help at this point would be much appreciated.  

Regular Visitor

Well.  The "solution" of reprovisioning the X1 modem did absolutely no good.  I am now anxiously awaiting a call from the Senior Technical Support team.  We shall see.  An absolutely maddening problem when the switch to Roku was actually suggested by Comcast!!!  Hope it's fixed by the time @ComcastElla returns to the office on Sunday.

Highlighted
New Poster

how did you get it fixed?  Wonderful to pay for something you can't use

Regular Visitor

For my fix, I bought the latest modem (Recommended) by comcast. Since then, its been working fine. The model I bought was the netgear nighthawk cm1150v. ( Its $250 online.). Although my l
Previous modem was still on the approved list, I spent so much time researching and on the help line, that I had to try a replacement. And it worked.
Good luck.
New Poster

In my case it was something wrong with my devices still being provisioned on my old address account. For some reason they could not move my address so they opend a new account for me but had not closed my old account properly. Something that tipped us off to this is my modem was not showing up correctly on the new account, it was online and surfing but it would not allow me to reset form the web tools. I spoke to at least 6 tech support reps before I got a smart lady that knew what was going on...the rest were drones that kept asking to reboot the router and modem

Official Employee

Hi All, 

If you're still seeing this error message on your Roku, please send me a private message with your full name for help. Please attempt to reboot your modem and your Roku, first. If that doesn't work, then there may be a provisioning error we can tackle once we access your account in private message. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

What an absolute disaster.  Advanced Tech Team was supposed to call this morning.  My phone rang with an 800 number, I picked it up and I ended up at the main desk ... like I just called the main 800 number myself.  The person couldn't even see my ticket until I said "Advanced Tech".  Oh, well, that was like magic.  She says ok I see your ticket is still open, they will call you soon ... Bye.  So by 8pm I had time to call.  Passed around to 4 people, still no good.  Modem reprovisioned a 2nd time.  uninstall Xfinity stream, reinstall 2 times.  I'm now scheduled for a level 4 (WOW!!) call for 2:30 my time tomorrow.  Yep, have to leave work and pray they can fix it.  Such a joke.

Frequent Visitor

Miraculously the streaming app just starting working.  Today was day 4 of it being down.  The only thing I did was unplug and keep my modem/router off for about an hour.  After it cycled back up I was able to get the Xfinity streaming app to work.  I am not sure if it was the power down that fixed it or if somebody did something on the back end at the same time.  Either way it is working now.  Good luck everyone trying to fix this issue.  

Official Employee

@dsmr2, Sorry for the experience you're having. I was able to confirm my peer @ComcastEllas is in the process of helping resolve your Roku error. @ditimely, thank you for letting us know this has been resolved on your end. There may have been some troubleshooting completed on the backend of your account that fixed this. If you should happen to have any more issues in the future, feel free to contact us. Thank you for being the BEST part of Comcast take care. 

New Poster

I'm getting this same error after two weeks of my Roku app working just fine.  Per the previous posts from Comcast employees I'm letting you know and asking for assistance.  I've tried restarting, powering down, all the other fixes suggested. 

Help!

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. I have an xfinity modem that was installed about a week ago. Everything was working fine until a couple days ago and then all of a sudden i couldnt access the xfinity stream app from any of my roku tvs. I have rebooted the modem and reinstalled the app multiple times. A fix would be nice
New Poster

@ComcastKenF @ComcastChe @ComcastElla 

I have same issue and called customer support without success.

How can I sent a private mesagge to any of you to try to solve this issue?  Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Official Employee

Hello all,

I'd be happy to troubleshoot the 403-102 error message. Please send me a private message and include:

- Your first and last name

- The CM MAC of your modem. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.