Community Forum

Roku - Error.TVAPP-00306

New Poster

Roku - Error.TVAPP-00306

Everything that my DVR has recorded since June 27th gives me the Error.TVAPP-00306 message when I attempt to play it. These recordings also won't play via my browser or the Android Strean app -- both of which say "Well that didn't go as planned." Anything recorded prior to June 27th plays without an issue on every platform.

Anything I can do?

New Poster

Re: Roku - Error.TVAPP-00306

I am having the same issue. Some recordings I'm able to playback, but some recordings I receive the same error message. It seems to be happening more frequently. I'm trying to view on the TV. Can anyone from Comcast help? Thank you
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s a known issue with an open ticket, presently no ETA for a fix

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I've been having the same issue for the last 2 days. Do you know when this will be fixed?
Contributor

This error shows up on my Roku on all my recordings, and I'm getting a similar error with all my browsers and IOS APP. The whole thing seems broken to me.

New Poster

Right? But we should keep shelling out all our money to a company that can't even fix their own errors. Googling this error code doesn't even provide a fix for it.
New Poster

This error has been continuing for days on roku with similar error on iOS.  All means no access to recordings.  When willl this be fixed?  I’m in the process of changing homes and considering changing from Xfinity if you can’t reliably provide access to my services from all my locations.  Please advise quickly. 

New Poster

I have the same problem streaming to my home computer.  Anything recorded after June 27 gets the "Well that didn't go as planned" error message when I try to play it.  Recordings before that date can be played.

New Poster

A follow up to my prior post, Xfinity support chatted with me and said they know of issue and are working on it.  No ETA on fix.  Pretty riduculous to go on this long, they should have a roll back software process that fixes this

New Poster

This makes your service pretty unusable. I also can't watch anything recorded after 6/27 via anything but the comcast box. Tried on iPad, Roku and PC. We also get a lot more buffering over the last few days on other streams.

@Comcast / @Xfinity - when do you expect that streaming recordings on PC, Roku, iPad, phone, etc will work again???

Internet and TV were also down Friday on 6/29. Internet being down caused me to be late on a work deadline. Uhhhhhhhggggggg. Make it better.

Stop taking away features from your customers. Let us record remotely. Learn from your competitors. Apologize to your customers when your service goes down during the middle of the day. Or at least send an email telling us what the issue was... 

(Why oh why did I sign up for a year with you?)

New Poster

I chatted with customer service and they said the same thing... but somewhat amusingly, they then tried to sell me phone service!

I'm not sure it's the best time for an upsell, after having just said "it's broken, it's been broken for quite a while, we know about it, but we have no idea how it can be fixed, or when it could possibly be fixed." :-)

New Poster

I have been on the phone for 1.5 hrs with Roku, who blames it on xfinity. Xfinity has no idea what they are doing either. Transfer me back to Roku and Roku does not pick up the phone. As much money as I pay a month for service, I absolutely find both companies insanely unaccountable. Seriously, do your jobs, get a programmer in there that is above the pay grade of a bs phone customer service person. You’re a continued waste of our time as customers 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Roku - Error.TVAPP-00306

Today is 07/03/18 & I still get this error when I try to watch a DVR movie on my Roku.  When I searched for this error...it says "solved".  Really?  When I read all the comments it doesn't look like it is solved at all.  As everyone else has said...the older tapings work just fine....& the new ones that I cannot view on my Roku ARE available directly from the DVR.  Come on....Xfinity!  Don't you want happy customers?    Thx!

Frequent Visitor

Throwing my hat in. I have the same issue and started a support chat 7/3 at 10:15 PM PT. No resolution and I was told I'd be contacted by Advanced Support. No mention was made that it was a known issue.

Frequent Visitor

As this is the 3rd time in 6 months that this has happen and as this is a key feature of the app, can Roku and Comcast stop showing it in their list  of apps? it's just missleaing users that this is a functional app.  Its in this Beta mode for couple of years now, shows not serious about it.

When it will be a robust app. let us know, untill then we are just wasting time and money on Roku product/app.

New Poster

This is not an answer. What's the ticket number? What is being done? What team is working on it? Who is responsible for this team? What are you doing to compensate the users affected? (Everybody with Cloud DVR?).

Diamond Problem Solver

Fix was already released

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Re: Roku - Error.TVAPP-00306ni

What is the fix? I am still receiving this error code and cannot view any recorded or on demand programs on the Roku Xfinity app. Left Directv on 6/29 in part because of the Roku app. Thank you.
New Poster

Seems like it’s workings now on Roku and on iOS. Thanks for the fix, appreciate the focus on this issue. It took a long time to fix so hopefully Comcast can work on that process for better service.
Frequent Visitor

what confidence we have it won't come back ? after 3 of these episodes is not high. Lack of transparency what caused it is not giving me much hope for this product/service. Again, Roku should dismantle their agreement w Comcast till it becomes an officialy supported product.
New Poster

Could we get a status on the resolution or lack of this error?   Still happening. 

Frequent Visitor

Seeing the comments here that it might be working I checked and TV shows I recorded 7/4 or later are watchable. Shows recorded between 6/27 and 7/4 still are not. I have not checked any iOS devices, just Roku.

Called again on 7/5. My first ticket was closed on 7/3 without my knowledge as resolved while I was still having the issue. In hindsight it may have been resolved based on recordings on 7/4 are OK. I was transferred to Tier III and he referred to it as the RIO issue and mentioned it is affecting around 600 people nationally. The 00306 error is a "new" error code but is the same issue as the two previous error codes. No ETA but he suggested I call back Saturday if I don't hear from them sooner.

Glad to see they are making progress. I didn't need to log out or take any action on my part. The new recordings simply play.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed yet?  We're unable to stream any of our DVR recorded shows because of this error.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not seeing a lot of action in this forum so I recommend calling support to get an ETA. Not chat. I'll call Advanced support tomorrow and see if I can get any information.
New Poster

That is false Mr. Xfinity. It is still a problem. Are you trying to force people into renting your equipment again?
Diamond Problem Solver

Year old thread closed feel free to start your own detailed thread