Community Forum

Roku App Starts & Exits

New Poster

Roku App Starts & Exits

Just got Xfinity. Using the Roku app on a Roku TV and a Roku Ultra. Both are hard wired and updated. On the Roku TV everything works just fine.

On The Roku Ultra the app will launch and show the Xfinity logo and then exit. Rebooting does not help. I have to remove and reinstall/reauthorize it again and it will then work for a couple times before doing it again.

Any fix for the launch/immediately exit?

Expert

Re: Roku App Starts & Exits

@quaffapint wrote:

Just got Xfinity. Using the Roku app on a Roku TV and a Roku Ultra. Both are hard wired and updated. On the Roku TV everything works just fine.

On The Roku Ultra the app will launch and show the Xfinity logo and then exit. Rebooting does not help. I have to remove and reinstall/reauthorize it again and it will then work for a couple times before doing it again.

Any fix for the launch/immediately exit?

do you have any home set top boxes for TV viewing? or do you just have instant tV streaming video subscription?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have a home set top box that works fine just like the Roku TV.

Expert

@quaffapint wrote:

I have a home set top box that works fine just like the Roku TV.

on the roku ultra, use the menu and move to the xfinity logo then press * (star) button on the remote not the enter button. remove the app. after removed unplug the roku from hdmi and power for 30 seconds or more then plug back in. reinstall the xfinity channel and sign back in. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yea that's the workaround I have to keep doing now. Having to remove and re-add and re-authorize every couple days is beyond annoying. That's what I'm trying to fix.

Official Employee

Hello, quaffapint! What is the model of your Roku Ultra? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi @Comcast_Support the model of Roku Ultra that has the problem is a Roku Ultra 4660X with software version 9.1.0 build 4919-46.