Community Forum

Roku App - CONSTANT Authentication request

Regular Visitor

Roku App - CONSTANT Authentication request

I have 4 Rokus in my house. I recently when back to comcast for TV but only through rokus. I have to reactivate the app in the rokus CONSTANTLY.  Without exaggeration it is every 3 to 4 days. It used to do this as well a year or so ago when I was using it so much to the point that I went to a different provider for TV. I was hoping that after a year or more this issue would have been resolved but I see that it is not. I would really love to get this figured out since now I’m using it on every TV in the house so the issue is four times as irritating now. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Expert

Re: Roku App - CONSTANT Authentication request

@TheArgonaut wrote:

I have 4 Rokus in my house. I recently when back to comcast for TV but only through rokus. I have to reactivate the app in the rokus CONSTANTLY.  Without exaggeration it is every 3 to 4 days. It used to do this as well a year or so ago when I was using it so much to the point that I went to a different provider for TV. I was hoping that after a year or more this issue would have been resolved but I see that it is not. I would really love to get this figured out since now I’m using it on every TV in the house so the issue is four times as irritating now. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

the roku is a beta app so error messages/behaviour may not explain issues well. if you returned all your set top boxes and only use Roku as you stated above only 2 streams can be connected at any one time. if the stream is not 'exited' via the menu the stream is still counted. do you think that the beta stream channel may be giving you sign in repeated requests to 'take a previous signed in Roku' off the stream list so you can use the 'current' Roku you are attempting to use?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

"the roku is a beta app so error messages/behaviour may not explain issues well. if you returned all your set top boxes and only use Roku as you stated above only 2 streams can be connected at any one time. if the stream is not 'exited' via the menu the stream is still counted. do you think that the beta stream channel may be giving you sign in repeated requests to 'take a previous signed in Roku' off the stream list so you can use the 'current' Roku you are attempting to use?"

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate that.  I don't think it's that.  I'm generally the only person in our house that uses Comcast and just for sports stuff so it's usually just me streaming and I always go to home screen on my roku when i'm done for no other reason than keeping wifi coverage lean and fast.  I do have a box at home now that I got yesterday just to setup Netflix and work with teh DVR easier which I'll keep but other than that just sticking with Rokus.  If you have any other ideas it would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Expert

@TheArgonaut wrote:

"the roku is a beta app so error messages/behaviour may not explain issues well. if you returned all your set top boxes and only use Roku as you stated above only 2 streams can be connected at any one time. if the stream is not 'exited' via the menu the stream is still counted. do you think that the beta stream channel may be giving you sign in repeated requests to 'take a previous signed in Roku' off the stream list so you can use the 'current' Roku you are attempting to use?"

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate that.  I don't think it's that.  I'm generally the only person in our house that uses Comcast and just for sports stuff so it's usually just me streaming and I always go to home screen on my roku when i'm done for no other reason than keeping wifi coverage lean and fast.  I do have a box at home now that I got yesterday just to setup Netflix and work with teh DVR easier which I'll keep but other than that just sticking with Rokus.  If you have any other ideas it would be appreciated.  Thanks!

with at least one set top box you can have up to 5 simultaneous streams. I have 3 Rokus. the oldest one time started doing that same thing and i just factory reset it and after logging back into the roku it reloaded all the channels  by itself (didn't have in the previous order for some reason. then the signon issue was fixed (also didn't have HD but the factory refresh fixed it, too).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

So you're thinking if I factory reset all of them that will fix it?  The thing I have with doing that is that the app on ALL of the Rokus seems to force me to do that anyway.  About once every week or so I have to reinstall the app from scratch as well.  It will open for a couple seconds then just die and take me back to the roku home screen.  You can try another 10 times and it does the same thing so I have to uninstall it and reinstall it then reactivate it.  Maybe i'll give it a shot on one roku and see if that one still has the same problem.  I can't believe that this app is still so beta that it requires things like that after what 2-3 years in development?  Super frustrated.